- Experienced software developer and team leader, having a passion for building software products and software development teams.
- Planning and execution of complete life cycle of complex software development projects from initial vision to delivery to maintenance.
- Over 10 years of experience in software architecture and development using JAVA and J2EE technologies.
- More than 6 years’ experience in managing small (up to 5 people) development teams (SCRUM, Kanban).
- Scalable architectures, data warehousing, network applications, Unix/Windows
- Guided delivery of new backend for online electronic library, ditched legacy unmaintainable platform. That raised customer usage volume by 30%, to 1000000 - page views monthly, 400 000 content views monthly. Primary technologies: PHP, Java, Spring Framework, Elastic Search, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, AWS, Jenkins, Docker.
- Mentored increasing performance of web application to 300 requests/sec.
- Increased web application availability from 99.4% (~50 hrs downtime per year) to 100% (Zero downtime in last 3 years).
- Slashed costs of infrastructure for 85K per year, by servers consolidation and migration 30 servers to cloud. Technologies: AWS EC2/VPC, Ansible, Puppet, Jenkins, Zabbix.
- Introduced zero down time deployment for active/active cross regional setup application, leading to 100% application availability. MySQL 5.7
- Reduced losses from mass content download and resell by customers abusing access from ~50% to 8% per year, by architecting signal/action abuse detection system.
- Improved application performance by Custom CDN with caching and entitlements enforcement, Nginx+S3+ Cloud front and reduced costs from 25K to 7K per year.
- Architected Unix file system wrapper over S3. Technologies: C, WebDAV, Linux kernel drivers, Open Fuse.
- Architected one master to multi slave cross regional replication across S3 to close feature gap in AWS. Technologies: AWS SQS/S3, background Java8 service polling updates queue and propagating to slaves.
- Championed security, reducing number of critical security vulnerabilities per platform from 35 to 7 yearly per 2 million lines of code. Checkmarx/Whitehat, static code analysis triggered by continuous integration.
- Architected and guided delivery of Single Sign On with 300 customer organizations supporting 5 protocols, 400K authentications year. Technologies: SAML2, OpenSamlPHP, Java, proprietary protocols.
- Architected and guided Confidential compliance by concentrating all personal data in dedicated audited encrypted storage, accessible by overall platform only via gatekeeper. Protected personal data of 250K customers.
- Standards and Governance: implemented product wide best practices for continuous integration, automated deployment, information security.
- Assisted and provided technical guidance to automation of API’s and web applications regression and load testing.
- Introduced agile best practices in onsite and offshore team
Confidential, New York
Technical Project Manager
- Mentored maintenance project of refactoring Intranet application for managing a leading global investment firm portfolio.
- Architected and mentored delivery and deployment to 83 locations across Russia a new version of a legacy document management system for a government department, resulting in reducing maintenance effort up to 30%.
- Architected and guided implementation of a highly scalable custom ecommerce system, supporting 2000 000-page views per day.
- Architected and guided delivery of innovative e-commerce-oriented security technology for a USA startup.
- Improved company’s standard development process to use Continuous Integration(Jenkins), Code Review & Automated Code Quality Inspection, resulting in reducing defects per 1000 lines of delivered code from 36 to 20.
- Lead distributed team across up to 3 locations.
- Trained 12 team leads to use Agile/SCRUM effectively and work with distributed teams.
- Trained more than 15 junior engineers on Java Spring Framework.
- Hired more than 25 new engineers and Team Leads.
Senior Software Developer
- Provided architectural solutions for projects with key customer with mission critical infrastructure and high loaded systems.
- Architected and developed knowledge management system for telecommunication operators, serving up to 5 000 simultaneous intranet users.
- Architected and guided delivery high volume internet site for Russian job board.
Software Developer/System Analyst
- Lead architecture and key component development of full featured document management solution. Most used technologies: Struts, Hibernate, Dynamic HTML, JBPM, MS SQL.
- Optimized architecture of the legacy document management product, resulting in 30% decrease of maintenance effort.
Software Developer, System Architect
- Developed several internet projects for company clients, mostly using LAMP stack.
- Introduced home grown web application building framework, reduced effort to develop/maintain a web applications.