- Dedicated 8 years of experience in working as a Linux System Administrator on Redhat Linux, CentOs, Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora and Windows environments, Cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) in DevOps through Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) tools like Jenkins, Chef, Puppet.
- AWS Certified Solution Architect - Associate.
- Extensive experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services such as EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, EBS, RDS, ELB, Route53, ECS, Lamda, Autoscaling, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, SNS, AWS SES, DirectConnect.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket .
- Experience in setting up Elastic Load Balancers (ELB's) and Auto Scaling groups on Production EC2 Instances to build Fault-Tolerant and High Availability applications.
- Support current migration of Data Center to Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in managing DNS using Route53 of AWS.
- Strong hands-on development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Chef, puppet and knowledge on Vagrant.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and Configuring of Linuxflavours like RHEL, CentOs, Debian, Ubuntu, windows.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS, The Web (Apache), Mail, FTP, NIS, Proxy and file servers on Linux servers.
- Experience in creation and managing user accounts, security rights, disk space and process monitoring in Redhat Linux.
- Experience in setting up the Chef Workstation, Chef Repo as well as Chef Clients.
- Worked in building new Chef Cookbooks for Apache, Tomcat, Web-based applications and also for monitoring tools etc.
- Experienced in cloud automation using AWS cloud formation templates.
- Experience with CI(Continuous Integration) and CD(Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Bamboo and Jenkins.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins for deployment of applications and also used to automate software builds with one click.
- Strong experience in setting up the entire Chef infrastructure from scratch.
- Usedsource control tools such as SVN, GITHUB to save and manage software code base and revisions in a repository.
- Expertise in integrating Rundeck and Cheffor deployments.
- Experience in Scripting languages Shell, Python and Ruby.
- Hands-on experience in working with automated deployment using terraform and AWS cloud formation templates.
- Experience in writing the infrastructure automation scripts in Ruby.
- Experience in writing the custom Shell scripts for managing various enterprise applications.
- Worked with log management tools like Splunk and Livelogs.
- Experience in server monitoring, application monitoring with the help of Sitescope, Sensu, Graphana, Graphite, Alertsite and New Relic.
- Experience in implementing Apache, Tomcat and MySQL database.
- Experienced in Project analysis, gathering user requirements, technical design.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, able to plan, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work directly with all levels of management to gather user requirements.
- Experience in SDLC like Waterfall, Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Worked with different project management tools like JIRA, Rally.
- Experience on working with ticketing tools like ServiceNow and Samanage for incidents and problem management.
- Expertise in requirement gathering, analysis, solution design, development, implementation, setup, testing, customization, maintenance, support and data migration.
- Good communication with presentation and technical writing skills.
Operating System: Linux (RHEL 4/5/6, CentOs 5/6/7, Ubuntu11/12/14, Debian, Fedora), UNIX, Windows 2003/2008/2012
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet
Web/ Application Server: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, JBoss, NodeJS, Java,Web Sphere
Virtualization: VMware Vsphere client (HA, DRS, VMotion, SVMotion), VMware ESXi 5/6, vRealize
Issue Tracking: Jira, ServiceNow, HP service manager
CI Build Tools: Bamboo, Jenkins
Version Control: Github, SVN, GIT
Protocols and Database: TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP, SMTP, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, DNS, Samba and Oracle, Couchbase, MySQL, Maria DB
Monitoring: Sitescope, Sensu, Graphana, Graphite, Alertsite, Appdyamics, Rainbow, Zabbix, New Relic
Networking: Firewalls, Gateways, Wire shark, Routers, VDS,VLANs, LACP, Distributed Port Groups
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Confidential, Jessup, PA
Systems Engineer/Cloud / Application Monitoring
- Deployed web applications such as Java, php and Node.js on multiple Tomcat and Apache server instances and maintained load balancing, high availability and zero down time fail over for the servers.
- Worked very closely with Network Engineers, Developers and business teams.
- Designed and deployed AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups, CloudWatch etc.
- Configured EC2 instances, S3 buckets and deployed various web applications using ECS, Docker and Amazon Elastic Bean Stack.
- Worked on Server installations and new OS configurations and bootstrapping many nodes with Chef.
- Experience in creating and configuring instances in CISCO OpenStack private cloud.
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python.
- Experience in documenting the deployment and migration process.
- Launched AWS infrastructure various services such as EC2, S3, SQS, ELB, Security Group, Auto Scaling and RDS using Cloud Formation templates.
- Working with upgrading the patches for Linux and Windows-based servers.
- Involved in Server patching, kernel up-gradation and OS up-gradation.
- Managed several clusters and hosts in Vsphere client.
- Integrated Rundeck with bamboo and Jenkins for auto build deployments.
- Have written scripts in Ruby for automating various application level tasks.
- Maintained and created Shell scripts for automating various system processes.
- Provisioned AWS infrastructure using Terraform. Created new providers and resources to automate infrastructure provisioning.
- Collaborated with onshore and offshore development and operation teams globally.
- Involving in monitoring and metering for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for Open stack cloud and worked on Open stackmulti-node deployment.
- Created, configured and managed new AWS instances.
- Integrated CloudWatch with Chatops such as Slack.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for deployment on internal data center servers.
- Managed S3 buckets and created Elastic load balancers on AWS platform.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks tested them using Kitchen tests, server and chef specs and and promoted them using Rake.
- Monitored and created alerts using Sitescope and Appdynamics.
- Transferred large media files using Aspera file transfer software.
- Managed load of servers through F5 load balancer.
- Created new monitors in Site scope and added Sensu API handlers to service now ticketing system.
- Monitored traffic using Grafana and Graphite dashboards.
- Automated of disable and enable nodes in F5 load balancer prior and after code deployment.
- Experience if advanced features of vSphere such as HA, DRS, VMotion and SVMotion.
- Have written chef cookbooks to deploy web applications like Apache, Tomcat, etc.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Created customized AMIs based on already existing AWS EC2 instances by using create image functionality, hence using this snapshot for disaster recovery.
- Automated the deployments using Chef.
- Scheduled the Linux cron jobs and Jenkins for build automation.
- Managed log rotates on server.
- Involved in installing and configuring chef on multiple systems and bootstrapped nodes.
- Provisioned servers in Openstack private cloud for different environments.
- Provided 24*7 on call support on a rotational basis and involved in resolving live site issues.
- Developed programs using Ruby, python and shell scripting.
- Experienced in troubleshooting both server and application level issues and logging JIRA tickets as per the requirement.
- Experience in VSphere Networking concepts such as VDS, Distributed port Groups, VLANs, LACP.
Environment: RHEL, CentOS, Amazon Web Services, VMware vCenter, VMware ESXi 5.5/6, Chef, OpenStack, Apache, Tomcat, Splunk, Jenkins, Rundeck, TCP/IP, DNS, F5Big-IP, Sitescope, Appdyamics,Couchbase,Firewalls, Rainbow, vRealize, Maria DB, Python,Ruby.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Build & Release / DevOps Engineer
- Identified and analyzed the issues that hamper the performance of the system, and to work in close coordination with the product development team and recommend the solutions for the issues.
- Worked on creating and managing the nodes via Chef.
- Debugging Chef Recipes and their execution trying to pull logs into Splunk and monitor deployments.
- Worked on managing IT infrastructure and application stacks using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Involved in deploying various applications like PHP, Node.js, Java builds using Amazon Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Promoted RDS for different environments in AWS and synced S3 buckets for the purpose of deployments.
- Created Cloud Watch dashboards, Alarms and Metric Filter based on logs.
- Automated infrastructure provisioning with Chef.
- Supported HA services and administrated MYSQL, Amazon EC2 and Node.js.
- Implemented and maintained the branching, tagging, merging strategies utilizing Git.
- Developed and managed delivery pipeline and prioritized functioning period and quick server response time.
- Implemented automated scripts using Bash, Perl, Python scripts as when required at various levels.
- System performance tuning, User maintenance and security.
- Bootstrapped windows nodes through chef.
- Managed and optimize the continuous delivery tools like Bamboo and Jenkins.
- Moved large files by tracking the file transfer using Signiant file transfer software.
- Experience in monitoring and creating alerts with Sensu and New Relic.
- Comfortable and flexible with installing, updating and configuring various flavours of Linux and Windows.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and Production Environments.
- Creation, modification and deletion of user ID’s in Windows Active Directory (AD).
- Experience in Idrac firmware updates and ESXi upgrades of clusters from version 5.x to 6.0 in VMware Vsphere client.
- Worked as a cybersecurity leader in daily sprint standups, providing ownership for all aspects of the security life cycle in the product release.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash and Rundeck.
- Involved in complete environment migration from Puppet to Chef Configuration management.
- Provisioned new virtual machines using AWS and Open stack cloud.
- Worked with App dynamics and Nagios for application and server status monitoring.
- Automated build pipelines and created new deployment plans in Bamboo.
- Created appropriate documentation for new server setups and existing servers.
- Developed organizational units in Active Directory and managed user security with group policies.
- Administered several windows active directory, exchange and file servers.
- Collaborated with the development team to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
Environment: Chef, Puppet, AWS, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows, Bamboo, Jenkins, Splunk, VMware, Bash, Nagios, Git, FTP, DHCP, MySql, Oracle, Active Directory, User Accounts, Sensu.
- New OS installations and configurations as per application requirements.
- Experience in server patching, kernel up-gradation and OS up-gradation.
- Automating application compilation and deploying through Shell and Perl.
- Involved in provisioning and hardening of new servers.
- Experience in Idrac firmware updates and template updates in VMware Vsphere.
- Created branches and managed the source code for various applications in GIT.
- Taking critical data backup and restring the data as per request.
- Managing sudo privileges for users.
- Eliminated extended downtime of network and processes by installing and configuring a Nagios server to monitor Windows/Linux servers.
- Managing DNS, NFS and samba server for local servers.
- Involved in assigning IP address and DNS entries of various hosts
- Worked on migrating of servers from one cluster to other and renaming of hostnames.
- Installed, configured and managed critical systems like DNS, NFS, Samba and FTP servers.
- Created Perl scripts for different applications and checking the code to Github.
- Provided cyber security technical thought leadership, injecting secure coding standards and best practices into daily scrums.
- Managed, monitored and tested individual and group user access privileges and security.
- Involved in creating, configuring and managing internal mail relay servers.
- Involved in troubleshooting issues and managing incidents in samanage.
- Worked on ESXi upgrades of different datacentersin VMware.
- Involved in resolving DNS lookups, Secure socket layer and Firewall issues.
- Configured Network maps in Load balancers to allocate traffic between servers.
- Managed version control systems like SVN and Github.
- Performed scheduling jobs using cron and ‘at’ jobs.
Environment: CentOs, Windows, Nagios, Sudo, Samba, FTP server, Ngnix, SMTP, MySQL, Github, cron, samanage, DNS, user accounts, Firewall, Altertsite, Message queue.
- Installed various servers and configured them from scratch for different environments like dev, test, staging and prod.
- Created and managed servers in VMware, Vsphere and ESXi.
- Addition, Deletion and Modification of users for SUDO access to the system.
- Configured multiple instances of postfix and mysql.
- Installed and Configure customized versions of MySQL, Apache, Sendmail & Php on RedHat Enterprise servers.
- Build virtual Linux server and Windows server using VMWare when needed for testing.
- Provisioned and managed mail servers like postfix and dovecot.
- Deployed and managed 2/3 tier applications with Apache, Tomcat, MySQL and Ngnix.
- Managing services using Zabbix monitoring tool, configuring zabbix node for newly build server.
- Managing users through LDAP.
- Created and maintained file systems and performed RAID configuration on Linux.
- Used logical volume manager for the management of volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux.
- Installed and configured Tomcat Application Server, FTP server and also configured, maintained mission critical systems like DNS, DHCP and sendmail.
- Automating system process by shell script.
- Monitored system performance, server load and bandwidth issues.
- Performed code pushes and maintained change documentation.
- Involved in performance management and analyzing logs and troubleshooting.
- Regularly manage backup process for server and client data.
- Provided frontline support to the service ticket requests like login failures, account creation, process management, restarting the apache, DNS services, resolve the SSH login problems.
- Installed, configured and upgraded different Linux operating systems like Redhat, Ubuntu, fedora.
- Creating profiles, users, roles and maintained system security.
- Involved in administrative tasks such as system startup/shutdown, backup strategy and documentation.
- Performed system hardware maintenance with Raids, system boards etc.; patch upgrades and hardened systems.
- Established and maintained iptables firewall.
- Managed server migrations to/from various operating systems like CentOS, Ubuntu, fedora, debian.
- Experience in configuring DNS and FTP server.
- Allocation and management of storage resources connected to various servers over SAN environment.
- Monitored system activities like CPU, memory, disk and swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Created users, groups and managed permissions as per the requirements on servers.
- Created server client setup as per user request.
- Migrating windows based applications to Linux.
- Setting up VSFTPD, NFS and samba servers for file sharing.
- Deployment of MYSQL database platforms on various production environments.
- Creation of Logical volumes (LVM) for Linux operating systems.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Apache servers.
- Troubleshooting of day-to-day system and user problems and also involved in network and security related issues.
- Configured SAN, NAS and NFS client mount points.