10+ years of Network Engineering experience in monitoring, analyzing, troubleshooting, and managing a variety of LAN/WAN platforms in Network Operations Support. Very creative and resourceful with great skill in communication and collaboration. Team player who also can work well independently.
Protocol Knowledge : TCP/ IP, ACL, IPSEC/ VPN, VLAN, HTTP, FTP, NAT, VTP, CDP, STP, AD, SIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
Hardware: Cisco routers: 2911,3900, 800 ISR, 4000 ISR, ASR 1000, Cisco switches: 3650CX, 3750,38 50,450 0E, 6500,Nexus (K Cisco VCS / Telepresence SX20/80, Cisco CUCM 10.5, Cisco WLC 3540, 5520, 8540 / Microsoft Server 2008/2012, Cisco Unity 11.5, CCTV - MonoPad, AXIS Cameras
Software: Cisco One, REMENDY, SAP, Symantec Endpoint Protection v.11, Solar Wind Traffic Analyzer, Network Performance Monitor, Network Configuration Manager, TACAS+AAA, Altiris software, VMWare, DNS, DHCP, SSL/TLS, TACACS, RADIUS, Cisco Prime Infrastructure 10.5, HP Network Node Manager, Service now Service Management, Office 365,Jabber, WebEx, Genetc Security Desk
- Assist with managing, configuring, and maintaining the Company’s networking systems including, switches, creating VLANs, DHCP scopes and new IP Structure
- Assist with managing, configuring, and maintaining the Company's Cisco VOIP phone system including areas of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection.
- Design, implantation and Management of all external WAN networks for remote network, using AT&T U-110 and 8300AVPN Gateways for cellular only sites
- Document the Company's network and all remote sites architecture.
- Using Cisco Wireless Controller to setup and management of wireless accounts, vendors, solutions and to configure and install Cisco Wireless Access Points
- Using Genetec Security platform to manage all physical security, access control and cameras
- Completed configuration and management of Cisco Nexus9K switches for the company Nutanix storage migration
- Manage Genetec Security system for all physical access, doors and cameras.
- Project Lead of design, configuration and implementation of new network scheme for new offices and marine start-up sites
- Work with all Network vendors, acquiring quotes and making recommendation for network device and vendor service being provide, to make sure all projects are on schedule from start to complete
- Using Cisco Call Manager to configure, manage and resolve all Voice gateway and VoIP issues
- Using Cisco Unity to configure, import users from LDAP and manage employee’s profile for voice mail
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing
- Designed, Installed and configured LAN, WAN management, Internet and network configuration of Cisco Switches, Nexus 9K, 3750X, 2900,3500CX and VG2811
- Used Genetec Security Desk and Security Center 5.3 Config Tools to perform diagnostic, access control and access troubleshooting for all area of physical access
- Used Orion SolarWinds NPM to monitor and resolve network devices interface issues
- Used Orion SolarWinds NetFlow to determine the ingress and egress packets utilization to determine Company CoS for AT&T traffic shaping
- Using Cisco WebEx Messenger Administration Tool to setup and modify user for Jabber
- Troubleshooted all Jabber Communication issues
- Created Management VLANs, assigned new IP scope and routing for the system team concerning the iDrac and Exagrid Project
- Complete Security Assessment by creating the default SNMP community string for all devices on the network
- Configured the Fiber ports, 10G and port-channel the Nexus 9K switches
- Setup the Alaska project for VSAT, for better bandwidth performance on remote site network for uploading large company files
Senior Network Engineer
Confidential, North Carolina
- Led the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500 and 1800 series Routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2950 and 3500XL series switches.
- Problem solved network issues related to IP video multicasting, layer 2 and layer 3 services (VPLS and IES), DHCP issues, remote access, hardware failure and link redundancy.
- Worked with on MS Visio, Excel and Word for documentation.
- Created detailed physical and logical network diagrams
- Involved in the team of Data Center Operations to perform duties like administration and deployment of Cisco routers and switches according to the organization requirements.
- Moving data center from one location to another location, from 6500 based data centers to Nexus based data center.
- Worked with the data center planning groups, assisting with network capacity and high availability requirements.
- Managed location specific Cisco ASA Firewalls and data center internet gateway firewalls.
- Configured HSRP between the 3845 router pairs for Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Configured STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with Configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Propose hardware/software solutions to clients to accomplish their company business objectives.
- Planned, designed and implementation of Cisco network and Voice system
- Configured 2911 router for Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Configured Cisco Unity Unified Messaging (Unity Connection)
- Knowledge of Cisco ACD system
- Configured Cisco Voice Gateway (VG224)
- Configured FXO ports for backup access to PSTN over POTS line on Voice Router
- Configured FXS ports for analog stations (phones/fax)
- Installed configured Cisco Wireless Control and Cisco Aironet 2700 access points
- Configured users and phones for Cisco Call Manager Express and Cisco Unity Express
- Configured and setup Dial Plan and Dial Peers on Cisco Call Manager Express
- Management and troubleshooting of media gateways, and IP phones
- Site Telephony Configuration, Device Pool Configuration, DHCP Server Configuration, LDAP System Configuration, Call Routing Configuration, Access List Configuration, Media Resource
- Configuration, Music on Hold Audio Source Configuration, Music on Hold Server Configuration, Device Configuration, Gateway Configuration, Cisco Unified IP Phone Configuration, Trunk Configuration
- Configured Voice Interfaces like FXS, FXO, E&M, ISDN T1/E1 PRI, T1/E1 CAS
- Configuration of Phone Button Template, Soft key Template
- Configuration of User Features such as Speed dial, Call forwarding
- Configuration of XML Service on IP Phones for accessing Internet
- Configuration of soft phone and IP communicators on PCs
- Configured DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, with strong focus on Domain Controller maintenance and configuration for large corporation, including Windows Server 2012.
Network Engineer/System Manager
- Configure and manage several HP ProCurve G switches
- Configure and manage Cisco routers and switches
- Create VLANs, QOS, STP, IGMP, Loop-Protect, Tagged switch ports for VoIP service
- Management of the Layer 2 and Layer 3 switches via SNMP
- Configure and manage DHCP and DNS Server and Created DHCP IP Scope
- Create and manage user accounts and GPO’s securities using Active Directory
- Configured and implement VPN, ISDN dial up, Fractional T-1
- Responsible for designing upgrades and implementation of the network
- Installed and configured ScreenOS on Juniper SSG-5 Firewall
- Install, support and maintain network infrastructure
- Installed and manage Symantec Endpoint Protection
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Used SMS Windows Management instrumentation to determine and troubleshoot any issues pertaining to SMA and VPN clients that have WMI errors, and that fail client installations.
- Used SMS Report Viewer to obtain computers with specific SMS clients for recommended upgrade, software, and hardware updates.
- Installed applications and updates required to execute programs remotely. Included diagnosis and troubleshooting of SMA hardware and software concerns for a work environment of over 5000 end user workstations.
- Maintained Active Directory. Completed set up, maintenance of organizational unit and user accounts. Assigned permissions to local user accounts.
- Configured user account policies, password policies and configured account lock-out policies.
- Installed, configured and supported DHCP, DNS, and GPOs through Active Directory.
- Performed VERITAS Backup and Net Backup to facilities for server backup and recovery.
Senior Network Analyst
- Assigned to Maryland Department of Transportation Headquarters Network Operations Center to provide network support.
- Used several network monitoring tools to analyze network issues including: HP OpenView, Orion SolarWinds and HP Insight Manager.
- Completed UniCenter Service Requests (USR) and change order management requests (CCR’s).
- Assigned open tickets to track and document resolution of problems with the WAN team.
- Monitored e-mail traffic using the Topper e-mail flow statistics monitoring tool.
- Used Telnet to log into routers and switches to troubleshoot T-1 and T-3 network issues; Also opened and closed ports as needed to facilitate network communication.
- Used Insight Management Console to monitor network switches.
- Used SolarWinds to monitor over 100 routers, 200 servers, 650 switches and other network devices for seven state agencies.
- Used Security Device manager to assist in troubleshooting complex network and VPN connectivity issues.
- Used Insight Management Console to monitor network switches.