- Around 8 Years of IT Experience as DevOps Engineer, AWS Cloud Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, System Administrator and experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Configuration Management tools, Build, Deploy, Release Management and Infrastructure Automation.
- Experience in Build, Migrate, and Administration of Amazon AWS Cloud Platform.
- Experienced in designing, deploying and maintaining various multitude applications utilizing AWS services stack like EC2, Simple Storage Service (S3), VPC, NACL, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto - Scaling, Cloud Watch, EBS, RDS, DynamoDB, IAM.
- Experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying Instances on cloud and in Data Centers. Architected automation of AWS Virtual Networks, Network Security Groups and access control rules and worked with security team to make sure AWS data is highly secure.
- Experienced in keeping up and looking at log archives using monitoring tools like CloudWatch, CloudTrail and Nagios.
- Well experienced with managing source code using Version control tools like Git and SVN.
- Hands-on experience with creating and managing GIT repositories including Branching, merging, tagging across the environment.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as WAR and EAR from source code.
- Expertise in continuous integration workflow, project testing, and deployments with Jenkins.
- Experience on Docker Container, Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middle-ware installations and domain configurations.
- Expertise in using the Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten the Build, and Release process.
- Expertise in integrating Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps.
- Expertise in implementing a production ready, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure. Working on Scheduling, deploying and managing container replicas on a node cluster using Kubernetes.
- Worked on Ansible Playbooks, Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly and proactively manage the changes.
- Experience in using Ticketing tools like JIRA, Service Now for ticketing.
- Good Experience in Shell/bash, Python, YAML, Groovy and PHP scripting.
- Experience with Databases MySQL, MongoDB, ORACLE, PostgreSQL and DynamoDB.
- Worked on JIRA for defect/issues logging & tracking and documented all of my work.
- Experienced in installing, updating and keeping up RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu and Windows-based platforms.
- Expertise in setup and configuration of Application Servers Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Logic and involved in deployment activities on Tomcat, JBoss, and WebSphere Application servers.
- Experienced in installing, updating and keeping up RedHat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Linux and Windows-based platforms.
- Involved in writing/modifying scripts using both Bash, SSH for day-to-day administration.
- Implemented Horizontal and Vertical Clustering, Performance tuning and troubleshooting of WebSphere Application Server 6.1/8.5.5.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation.
- Implemented Security Groups which behaves as virtual firewalls controlling the traffic by controlling it to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Worked on SDLC methodologies like Agile, Waterfall, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident, and Change Management).
- Experience in Linux Administration Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrading Linux.
- Good in communicating end to end project workflow to client and driving DevOps team for successful implementation and deployments.
- Proven ability to respond to critical issues on a 24/7/365 basis and Proven ability to own problems from beginning to end.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with the ability to work efficiently in both independent and teamwork environments.
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes
Configuration Management: Ansible
Continuous Integration: Jenkins
Build tools: Maven, Ant
Version Control: Git, GitBucket, GitHub, SVN
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk
Ticketing tools: JIRA, ServiceNow
Repository management tools: Nexus
VMWare ESX/ESXi, VirtualBox, Windows Hyper: V, Vagrant
Operating Systems: RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows & MacOS
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, IHS 8.x, Web Sphere 6.1/8.5.5, Web Logic 9/10
Databases: SQL Server, MongoDB, Oracle, MySQL, Dynamo DB.
Networking: HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, UDP, FTP, SSH.
Confidential, Holland, MI
- Involved in designing, developing and successful deployment of a multitude application utilizing almost all of the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, CloudWatch, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling. Assisted in migrating the existing data center in to the AWS environment.
- Handling cloud environment with multiple servers and configured with Elastic Block Storage, Load balancing, Security groups and Network ACLs, S3 buckets for logs and Cloud Watch for monitoring.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC’s for both production and non-production where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Established MAVEN and ANT scripts for build activities in QA, staging and Production environments.
- Installing, Configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on AWS EC2 instance.
- Created automated pipelines in Jenkins for CI/CD Jobs using plugins to connect with Git for code cloning, Build tool Maven for code building, Artifacts storage using Nexus, Deploying on multiple middle-ware and Application Servers.
- Automated multiple Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream, Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications.
- Setup establishment of Kubernetes (k8s) cluster & orchestrate Docker containers for running microservices by creating Pods. Delivered multiple microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure.
- Co-ordination with development team to deliver an end to end continues integration/continues delivery product in an open source environment using Jenkins to get the job done.
- Implemented programmable infrastructure in Production, Dev, Pre-Prod with Kubernetes.
- Developed Shell, Groovy, Python, YAML scripts for tasks automation. Scheduled cron jobs for regular activities like backups.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible Playbooks, Anisble Tower and has integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Configured security groups, network ACLs, Internet Gateways and NAT Gateways to ensure a safe area for organization in AWS.
- Monitoring servers using Nagios, Cloud watch and ELK Stack.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and servers/storage using AWS Cloud Watch and SNS for notification.
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups.
- Production support in an on-call rotation in a 24/7 environment.
Environment: AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Security Groups, NAT Gateways, CloudFormation, Lambda, API Gateway, Route 53 (DNS), RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SES, SQS, IAM), Maven, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, GIT, Python, Jira, Bash.
Build & Release Engineer
- Handled implementation, maintenance and support of reliable, timely and reproducible builds for project teams.
- Involved in preconfigured RHEL5.x and 6.x on local and in the cloud on AWS EC2 and defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Involved in Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and AMIs, Auto-scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experience in creating new Jenkins master and slave servers for production usage and configuring them as per the Business partner's request.
- Created Jenkins Workflows for the pre-deployment process (DB execution, Environment configuration changes etc.) on both QA and pre-production Environments.
- Experienced in User Management, Plugin Management and End-to-End automation of Build and Deployment process using Jenkins.
- Involved in writing parent pom.XML files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Developed build using MAVEN as build tool and used CI tools to kick off the builds move from one environment to other environments.
- Publishing the Release notes for all the releases using Confluence
- Worked with GIT and Subversion to manage source code.
- Integrate GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves Development, QA, UAT, and Production.
- Created multiple Python scripts for various application level tasks.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release.
- Sending the Uptime and Downtime notifications to teams regarding Servers Status as a part of the Build Engineer role at the time of deploying the EAR and WAR package s in servers.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- Utilized Jira for issue reporting, status, and activity planning.
- Documented the SCM process and policies of the company and recommended some process changes.
- Worked with scrum and development team in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and, releases.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, GIT, GitHub, SVN, JIRA, Ansible, SQL Scripts, Python, Oracle 10g, Apache, WebSphere Application Server, Web Logic, Java/J2EE, Apache Tomcat, UNIX, Python, Shell, Splunk,CloudWatch.
- Handled Installation and configuration of Linux servers including LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) installations.
- Involved in user interactions, requirement analysis and design for the interfaces.
- Configuring and hardening Linux servers evaluating needs and installing appropriated recommended patches as needed.
- Involved in all administrative tasks like Installation, Configuration, Deployment, and Troubleshooting of WebSphere Application Server 6.x on UNIX/Linux Platforms.
- Execution of deployment EAR and WAR archives into Web logic and Apache Servers.
- Maintained the data center environment and monitored the equipment.
- Discussed and presented architectural designs to the senior management and client.
- Configured Kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the server using Red Hat satellite server.
- Installed and configured Hudson and later with Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Handled Linux kernel upgrade with latest releases on RHEL servers.
- Ensure business continuity by designing, implementing and testing Disaster recovery systems.
- Managing the files and directories using SVN
- Experience in package and patch management using RPM and YUM.
- Setup squad proxy server for internet sharing and to block the unwanted site.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet and Rlogin.
- Pro-active maintenance on systems by timely upgrading patches to the systems and applications.
- Performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and active directory.
- Developed Shell scripts for day-to-day administration.
Environment: LAMP, Kick start server, VMware workstation, virtual box, XEN, RED HAT enterprise virtualization suite, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5, SSH, Telnet, Jenkins, Hudson, DNS, DHCP, Bash.