Engaged in specialized work in Information Technology for the past 33+ years, across a multitude of industries and several computer platforms. Appx. 27+ years on the IBM mid range platforms S36, S38, AS/400 coding in Confidential . Have engaged in analysis, programming, quality assurance and as project manager including extensive offshore development.
Hardware: ICL 1900, IBM 4300, IBM System 36/38/AS400 (iSeries), Personal Computer
Operating Systems: DOS, SSP, OS/400, Windows
Tools: PDM, SDA, DDS, SEU, DBU, Hawkeye, RLU, DFU, Aldon, EDI, Query and Query Manager, X Analysis, X Resize
Computer Languages: Basic, COBOL, Confidential (II, III, IV, ILE / Free Format), Visual Basic, C#, JAVA, ASP.NetSupport Languages: JCL, OCL, CL, SQL, Java Script, HTML, PAL
Networks & Communications: IBM APPC / CPI - C, TCPIP (including FTP/SFTP), DDM, ODBC, IBM .Net Provider, Novell, Microsoft
Databases: DB2, Access, FoxPro, XML, SQL
PC Utilities: Word, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Project, Power Point
Special Programming Skills: Use of C# with IBM .NET provider for Windows(Client) deploying Stored Procedures and remote SQL to extract data from the AS/400(Server) to present on Windows GUI s and Web browsers, use of WebSphere WDSC/LPEX editor for coding, and conversion into free form, Sub routine centric old RPD and prototype centric ILE Free Form ILE Confidential programming, ILE Confidential programming to develop service programs, developed SQL queries for ad hoc reports and queries and embedded SQL in programs for dynamic queries, use of iSeries Navigator for SQL scripting and building SQL stored procedures, Data queue manipulations for Client/Server programming Applying micro code and upgrading OS on IBM AS/400.
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
- Finding ways to increase throughput of a crowded system running old legacy Confidential programs.
- System work to enhance performance - purge, reorg.
- Marinating the Island Pacific ERP system.
- Ad hoc work like opening/closing exiting retail stores in the IT system.
- Currently writing a subfile program to capture and filter system logs for easy interrogation when adverse event occur.
Confidential, Maple Grove, MN
- Engaged in upgrading a third party warehouse management system.
- Heavy analysis coding and testing customized portions of the application to ensure all components of the application work in harmony on implementation.
- Held responsibilities to make sure interface files get conveyed properly.
- Collaborated with team in an Agile environment.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Re wrote the item maintenance modules of Warehouse Management System. Interrogated inbound files from
- Confidential third party application.
- Instituted validity checks on content of fields, and cross validated field values against PKMS master files and company master files, borrowed some logic from existing Confidential 3 programs, wrote new logic to enhance data validation routines (old sub routines were replaced with proto typed sub procs), adopted latest RPGLE techniques and prepared output to convey to a SAP database.
- Performed unit testing and collaborated with team in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Confidential, Oceanic Mililani, HI
- Played a key role in converting company wide FTP processes to SFTP to meet SOX requirements on a tight time schedule.
- Work involved studying existing data flow from source to target and replicating the same flow through SFTP techniques. Project was completed successfully.
- Performed a requirement to clean up inconsistencies in customer data; entailed examining same elements of data in different database tables (e. g. customer address), identified unmatched components and synchronizing them. Accomplished a task to rectify problems associated with a data encryption / decryption routine.
- Played an active role in 2 development projects, wrote several free form RPGLE programs using embedded
- SQL calls exclusively. On another project did a discovery to minimize stop system halts.
- To ascertain data inconsistencies.
Confidential, Berkeley, C
Analyst/Programmer, Team Lead
- Analyzed causes for duplicate Confidential codes in database files. Identified and modified programs causing the duplicates by enhancing validation criteria, did system wide testing and implemented the changes
- Managed project to re-size the company invoice number from 5.0 to 7.0. This effort involved 114 physical files and several hundred programs, EDI, PKMS WMS and PC base peripheral applications.
- Identified all members needing fixes. Part of the effort was out sourced offshore.
- Personally did code changes in bound SQL RPGLE programs. Carried out extensive pre installation testing.
- Performed deployments via Aldon/LMI. Managed communications with all stakeholders and sent progress reports to upper management.
- Concluded this 14 month project in Aug. 2015 with minimal post installation interruptions.
- New business acquisitions triggered the need for 2 new warehouses. Identified all programs and locations in those program where the new warehouses had to be inserted. Did all coding and data adjustments to accommodate the 2 new warehouses in the system. Performed unit testing and deployed modified programs via Aldon/LMI.
- Re-wrote the end of day procedure which calls appx 170 programs and reduced process duration form 7 hours to 4 hours by directing jobs to run parallel in different job queues. Given limitations for testing, submission of grouped jobs was done in stages, over a 8 month period.
- Performed extensive analysis of old programs with S/36 level break logic and converted into Confidential IV in the order entry application and enhanced associated reports. Used WDSC.
- Successfully verified and did code adjustments to PKMS inbound/outbound files to ensure that customized data files were compliant with PKMS structures, on a PKMS version upgrade.
- Successfully performed a migration from the AS/400 to a SQL Server based 3rd party application.
- Did all data field mapping, wrote transfer programs in Confidential and verified data matching. FTP was heavily used.
Confidential, Modesto, CA
- Managed IT staff and projects. Semi automated 4 manual processes.
- Set standards for coding.
- Enhanced a pricing application - analyzed, and delegated programming offshore.
- Performed a migration from SQL
- Server to mainline AS/400 ERP application to generate queries and reports, in conjunction with intrinsic master file fields on the AS/400 did data mapping, identified mis-matches, applied corrective measures and wrote RPGLE and CL code. Managed project to upgrade AS/400 from V5 O/S to V7 O/S.
- Performed a system wide file purge and dropped redundant members from the system.
- Supported maintenance and enhancement of 3rd party RETALIX ERP warehouse management module.
- Developed a rapid transaction processing application, a Web / Windows desktop hybrid version to achieve high speed POS transaction processing - order entry, credit card authorization, email confirmation, order consolidation, shipping and report generation.
- Worked in an Agile project management environment.
Confidential, Berkeley, CA
- Performed automated code conversions of several S/36 ( Confidential II programs and OCL) to AS/400, tested converted programs and brought them up live on the AS/400.
- Analyzed the system for deficiencies in ‘document number’ usage - a facility used in product mark up and invoicing. Identified Confidential program modules that bypass the facility, and developed a strategy to correct the situation, programmed, tested and implemented.
- A requirement analysis and programming on the iSeries using Confidential ILE to drop a non profitable retail store department from the enterprise wide system and to include a new retail store department for ‘gift cards’.
- Assessed the effort involved to resize 8 major database fields. Carried out an enterprise wide analysis using a combination of cross tools and IBM’s built in schema files. Identified over 100 physical files and appx. 2,000 programs requiring change. Established methods to prioritize changes, performed changes, tested and installed. This was a team effort. Managed project. Personally performed data base changes and core program code changes and all installations.
Confidential, Fremont, CA
- Developed Confidential ’s in C# to insert, update, change and delete records in iSeries DB2 tables, from Windows GUI client programs, deploying ADO methods using IBM’s DB2 .Net Provider for the iSeries.
- Used external SQL stored procedures for the interface, deploying legacy ILE Confidential programs at the server end.
- Developed effective methods to pass parameters between the two platforms.
- Wrote relevant CL programs and modified ILE Confidential programs on the iSeries.
- Was engaged in brining to the Windows client and browser (ASP.Net), large batches of data from the iSeries in the form of data sets, on real-time.
Confidential, Berkeley, CA
- Analyzed an IBM AS/400 system to assess the programming effort involved to add two new retail departments to all retail outlets in the grocery chain.
- Planned the task.
- Established test strategies.
- Personally performed all database changes on 84 physical files.
- Modified over 300 key programs coded.
- Interacted with offshore programmers to distribute and manage the work load.
- Assembled programs modified by programmers, performed system testing and installed in the live system.
- Managed the task which involved changes to appx. 1,200 programs.
- Successfully implemented a WIKI tool to translate all corporate reports to Web reports.
- Analyzed the processes, identified all members that required changes, inserted code in relevant CL and RPGLE programs, tested and installed in the live system.
Confidential, Concord, CA
- Analyzed a requirement to mimic paper forms on computer screen for easy data entry and to automatically populate form fields with data readily available in the database.
- Designed the system.
- Designed SQL Server database.
- Collaborated with programmers for VB .net coding.
- Tested all work, installed and trained users.
Confidential, Berkeley, CA
- To increase the span of a 5 digit purchase order number to a 7 digit purchase order number on an
- Approximately 125 physical files and 1,500 programs needed changes. Decided on a strategy acceptable to management by analyzing the enterprise wide system.
- Modified key ILE Confidential and
- SQL imbedded Confidential Programs to accommodate the 7 digit purchase order number, including heavy sub-file and batch programs fixes to serve as masters.
- Performed all database changes.
- Selected offshore programmers and distributed part of the work to offshore site.
- Managed project.
- Provided technical support to programmers.
- Performed extensive testing.
- Installed all finished programs in the live system.
Confidential, Berkeley, CA
- Maintained and enhanced Confidential III (S/36 mode) and Confidential IV programs.
- Migrated many S/36 mode Programs to Confidential IV/ILE and converted OCL involved to CL/LE.
- Work included heavy coding for batch, interactive and report programs, and CGI based Web browser displays.
- Was instrumental in introducing FTP based file transfers. Replaced former PC Support based file transfers with FTP transfers into Microsoft Access and
- Excel. Instituted new data transfer methods between the head office and retail outlets for exchange of point of sale and store sign information. Built special audit methods to detect and rectify missed data transfers.
- Wrote low level Confidential code to decipher IBM4680 cash register information.
- Wrote several management reporting programs involving SQL imbedded in Confidential and complex CL for summary/sort open query file handling.
- Designed and developed a data warehousing application to analyze POS TLog data.
- Accomplished a major software development project to convert a DOS based sign printing PC application to a Windows based application and re-synchronized all AS/400 communications with the new Windows application - work included requirement gathering, design, development, testing and implementation.