- Over 10 years of experience in the IT industry.
- Background ranges from engineering, architecture and escalation support in networks ranging from small to large scale complex enterprise environments.
- Exceptional presentation and client relationship skills including strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with senior management, third party vendors, technical staff, as well as non - technical end users.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Able to absorb large volumes of technical data and develop concise solutions in addition to translating into non-technical terms.
- Extensive knowledge and experience proficiently handling complex mission critical projects under extreme time constraints.
WAN - Layer2/2.5/3: RIP, RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VTP, VLAN, Ether Channel, STP, MPLS, IP Multicast, IPv4, IOS Security, Access List and QoS.
WAN Technologies: CDP, Frame-relay, PPP, Access Control List (ACL), Wireless 802.11b/g/n, T1, MPLS, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Cable/DSL modem, WAN/MAN/LAN, TCP/IP, VoIP, Network Address Translation (NAT), Port Address Translation (PAT), Redistribution, OSPF Virtual links, F5 BGP-IP Platform, F5 GTM, F5 LTM and VRF Tunnel.
WAN Hardware: Nexus 7000, 9000, Cisco 9500, 9400, 9300, 6800, 6500, 4500, 4300, 3800, 3700, 3600, 3560, 2921, 2811, 1921, ASR1004, Motorola WS5100, WS2000, WS5000, RFS 6000, RFS 7000, Avaya H.323 VoIP
LAN Technologies: Windows Media Server, Windows Media Services 9, Windows NT/2000/2003 Server, ISA firewall, Proxy Server, VM Ware, Terminal Server, Dns, WINS, Dhcp, CMD, Telnet, Ssh and Network Security..
Desktop Technologies: Windows Media Server, Windows Media Services, Windows 2003 Server/XP/Vista/7/10, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Visio, SolarWinds, HPNA, Hyper Terminal, CMD
Network Design Engineer
- Design and implement Routing & switching solutions within an Enterprise network.
- Design and implement WiFi solutions within an Enterprise network.
- Provide escalated troubleshooting support for multiple Network systems and technologies for both data and voice (routers, switches, firewall load balancers, network-interconnecting devices), carrier circuits, integration with server and desktop environments.
- Produce Details design documentations for network Implementation team to deploy.
- Implement and test production changes according to Detailed Design, Functional Specifications and/or Project plans.
- Provide High Level Architectural Designs to accommodate Data centers and Combined Corporate Campus Facilities with End Users connections exceeding 20,0000.
- Implement Nexus 7000 and Nexus 9000 switches to configure our Data centers for ACI and Fabric Path network environments.
- Produce Scripting for HPNA and SolarWinds to allow Network Automation to update configurations, node changes, to provide monitoring for managed networks and to unmanaged network devices for all active sites within the SunTrust Database.
- Use Notepad++(PythonScript) for Scripting configurations changes that can used when isolating by IP segment, Device(Layer 2/Layer 3) or by Region within our SDN to allow for updates of QoS, BGP/Eigrp, access list and many other changes that can be performed without a local /global logon.
- Responsible for hardware installations, upgrades, capacity-adds.
- Work with vendors in quoting, ordering and procurement of Network hardware and MPLS Circuits.
- Review accuracy of quotes and quote configurations.
- Present budgetary costs to Project Managers and involved Lines of Business. Create Share point /Implementation Guide for Operations.
- Create documentation for use by Engineering and Support organizations.
- Accountable for ongoing modifications as needed. Create standards and execute monitoring methods related to Capacity Planning and Traffic Engineering.
- Develop Detailed Designs for implementation of technical work for Back Office, Branch and Contact Center locations. This includes Network Topology Drawings, Site Configurations, Circuit Activation
- Remove Dependency of the ATT Smart-ring by Providing independent WAN solutions for internal LAN networks to operate Data/Voice/Video Confidential Remote, Branch and Tier II sites via VPN, Eigrp, BGP and MPLS
- Designed and delivered enterprise wide MPLS solution via ATT/Verizon AVPN as a primary/backup for MPLS connectivity in addition to adding internal networks that will need to be advertised in BGP via the MPLS network.
- Define implementation and testing procedures for network upgrades/refresh.
- Interface directly as a liaison with Architecture Teams.
- Support involved, routing calls between the Avaya and the Cisco as well as multiple voice mail systems, handling approx.10,000 + individual mailboxes, while migrating users from an analog/digital platform to the VoIP platform and the Cisco Unity messaging system, in scheduled phases, in multiple locations, taking place over the course of the past five years.
- Deployment and Testing of F5 BIG-IP LTM VIP configurations
- Configuration designation of F5 BIG-IP GTM Wide IP
- Programming and Troubleshooting with F5 BIG-IP iRule
- Determine software upgrades and procedures for deployment with F5 BIG-IP
Engineer, Atlanta, GA
- Designs, configures, monitors and optimizes networks for specialized infrastructure systems to ensure optimal performance, maximum availability, minimal maintenance and reasonable costs.
- Designs, configures, maintains and manages network architecture enterprise wide. Configures, monitors and maintains anti- virus programs to maintain network and systems integrity.
- Performs customization and system administration for network management, task/project management, help desk, work group integration, documentation and software on area networks.
- Analyzes, recommends and evaluates new hardware, software and communications products for network compatibility and applicability.
- Assists departmental management with development of system standards, short and long-term goals, project management and strategic decisions.
- Monitors and maintains key network links; performs telecom moves, adds and changes.
- Coordinates with vendors the organizations communication and computing needs.
- Remains current on new developments and techniques in information technology.
- Develops and monitors documentation for data communication equipment and services.
NOC Engineer, Atlanta, GA
- Layer 1 transport, DS1, Metro Ethernet and DS3 Circuits
- Actelis Switch and Cisco Router Configurations
- TCP Protocol Stack and IP Connectivity
- Assisted testing with ILEC to clear bridge taps, load coils, opens and shorts from circuits to ensure connectivity Confidential the customers premise.
- Cisco 2500 series routers (remote access)
- Actelis Switch and Metro Ethernet Topology.
- WAN/LAN protocols and technologies - specifically NAT, DHCP, IP Address Scheme, RIPv2, OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Fiber/Cloud technology concepts
- Configuration experience with Cisco routers and switches including IOS versions.
- Apply Router Configuration changes to allow access for Fiber, T1 and Efm customers
- Adjust Changes under interfaces which includes but not limited to Ip Addressing, Encapsulation and Policy Maps, Speed and Duplex
- Replace Defective Routers and Install Back up configurations to restore Client Profile
- Equip router to handle multiple Serial circuits by adding wic card configurations
- Dynamic Adds to restore bandwidth for a single Circuit
- Hsl Recalibration to Restore Full BW to all Circuits attached to one HSL
- Add Vlan’s accordingly to allow access for Customer Wan, Iad Management and Network Traffic
- Make Interface config changes to allow for Circuit and Iad association
- Add Ip addressing scheme for peer Default association with Network Iad
- Add Ip route statement to ensure connectivity through Nat
- Enter Controller Configurations for running Patterns to test source and direction of errors on Circuit.
- Use Controller stats to monitor errors on Circuit to SJ(Smart Jack) and to CSU(Iad)
Wireless Engineer, Atlanta, GA
- Member of a team responsible for providing end to end LAN/WAN solutions.
- Primary responsibilities include but not limited to design, implementation and troubleshooting of all LAN/WAN solutions offered by LAN/WAN Professional.
- Configure Switches (L2 and L3) on a network with vlan, vtp, stp, trunking, access and port security to be used with a system router.
- Configure Routers with basic access configurations and Ip addressing scheme, interface setup, router config setup and Ip protocols.
- Technologies handled include but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, and servers, Windows 2000, Windows 2003, Active Directory, STATIC, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Telnet, SSH, frame relay and much more.
- Additional responsibilities include remote support and administration of a server farm of 500+ servers and in house administration of a routing/switching infrastructure.
- Used Mpls, Rip, Ripv2, Ospf, and Eigrp to connect Layer 2 devices to Layer 3 devices via Ethernet, and PPP Relay to simplify packet exchange on a Lan/Wan Network.
- OpManager is used as a Network Monitoring software to keep track of usage in a network by individual user, device and IP protocol (rip, Eigrp, Ospf, BGP, etc.)
- BGP used to establish and exchange route information between CE (customer edge) and PE (provider edge) networks.
- Configuration of Cisco Switches 3560 and Motorola WS5100, WS2000, WS5000, RFS 6000, RFS 7000 series for access points using IPv4 addresses for network setup.
- Controller setup and configuration for Cisco 2100 and 4400 series.
- Configuration and installation setup of Cisco/Motorola/Symbol routers for public and private network users.
- Static Addressing scheme used to establish a direct route and Acl to LAN/WAN networks
Field Engineer, Stockbridge, GA
- Member of a team of network engineers responsible for design, implementation, troubleshooting and 1st/2nd level escalation support to various professional and corporate clients of Confidential & Confidential Global.
- Primary responsibilities include but not limited to maintaining a network infrastructure with Cisco and 2 wire routers and switches, consulting with users to determine needs and troubleshoot issues on the network.
- Additional responsibilities include installation and implementation of 2wire/Netgear wireless software and network management tools.
- Dailey projects include installation of Data services in addition to VoIP(Voice over IP) on 2wire router systems, configuration of QoS service on host, configuration of Cisco DVR/STB consoles and internet gateway access..
Escalation Support, Alpharetta, GA
- Primary responsibilities included but not limited to administrating a network infrastructure with Cisco routers and switches, supporting a fast-paced 24x7 enterprise environment with mission critical backup systems.
- Technologies handled include but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, and servers, Windows Vista, Xp, 2003, Exchange Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VPN and much more.
- Additional responsibilities included implementation and testing of network related activities with multiple vendors and troubleshooting to ensure optimal system performance.
- Special projects included managing migrations as needed, converting a network to a switched one using Enterasys core and distribution switches.
- Proposed solutions to basic issues in knowledge base and for internal/external documentation.