Seeking a challenging position as a seasoned network professional in a progressive organization where I can implement my technical skills and coursework while further expanding my 8 years of expertise and knowledge.
- Extensive experience in Networking and Security, including hands - on experience in providing network installation, network integration, network support, and analysis for a broad range of LAN/WAN/MAN communication systems.
- Detailed knowledge and hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Layer 3 Interior Gateway Routing protocols such as Link-State routing protocols (OSPF and IS-IS), Distance Vector routing protocols (RIPv1, RIPv2 and EIGRP), and Exterior/Path-vector routing protocol (BGP).
- Hands-on experience on implementation and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLAN Trunks, VTP, Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST. Implementation of HSRP, VRRP for Default Gateway Redundancy.
- Hands on Experience on Cisco 2960, 3650, 3750, 3850, Cat 4500X, Cat 6500, Cat 6880, Cat 9k series switches in Enterprise environment. Experience Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Nexus 2k, 3K, 5K, 7K, 9K in Datacenter. Thorough with VPC, VDC and FEX.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in ISP Routing Policies, Network Architecture, IP Addressing and Subnetting, ARP, VLSM, TCP/IP, MPLS, NAT, ACL, DHCP, DNS, FT1 / T1 / FT3 / T3 SONET POS OCX / GigE circuits.
- Worked on Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4.
- Hands-on expertise with routers Cisco 2900, 3600, 3900, ISR 4K series (4221, 4321, 4351, 4451), ISR 1002-X, and Juniper ACX, E, M, MX960 series.
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting site-to-site and remote access Cisco, IPSec, VPN solutions using ASA/PIX firewalls, Cisco and VPN client.
- Responsible for Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks. Experience with Palo Alto 5K series firewalls. Worked on URL Filtering, SSL Forward Proxy, SSL Decryption, APP ID, Threat ID on Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the PAN-OS 6, 7.1, and 8.0 versions; PA 220, PA 820, PA-2K, PA-3K and PA-5K firewalls.
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual Port Channel configuration.
- Hands-on experience on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability. Experience on Virtual Servers, Pools, Persistence, iRules, Listener IP’s, WideIP’s, SSL, HTTP and TCP headers.
- Experience in testing Cisco routers and switches in laboratory and deploy them on site production.
- DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NAT with the firewalls as per the design.
- Configuring BGP/OSPF routing policies and designs, worked on implementation strategies for the expansion of the MPLS VPN networks. Implemented DMVPN for remote site connectivity. Experience with mGRE tunnels, NHRP, IPSEC tunnels. Experience with Junos Pulse, Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN Solutions.
- Worked on the deployment and installation of Wireless Access Points, and their management through Wireless LAN (WLAN) Controller. Experience with Cisco and Aruba Wireless LAN Controllers. Worked on AP groups, Guest networks, SSID’s, Authentication rules. Signal strength issues. Provisioning AP’s etc.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge on Software-Defined Networking (SDN). Experience with Cisco ACI on Creating VXLAN’s, VTEPS, VNID’s, EVPN, Bridge Domains, Tenants, Application profiles, Contracts etc. on ACI. Thorough understanding of Spine Leaf Architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to work with technical and non-technical staff to identify user requirements and translate them into technology-based solutions.
- Working knowledge of testing practices and troubleshooting procedures associated with network support.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply regulatory standards and technical specifications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Worked on the configuration of Microsoft Office 365 for the implementation of Office applications (Office 2016) and various collaboration tools (Outlook, Skype for Business, OneDrive, SharePoint etc.,), and other services.
- Worked on the implementation of Domain Name Service and BIND.
- Hands on experience on the Python and Perl scripting.
- Hands on experience on the documentation and updating client’s network documentation using Visio.
- Abstract knowledge on the Internet of Things (IoT) and the necessary elements such as cloud computing, fog computing, virtualization, and sensors to create the IoT environment.
Network Configuration: Advanced switch/router configuration (Cisco IOS access list, Route redistribution/propagation).
Routing Protocols: RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPFv2, OSPFv3, IS-IS, BGP v4, MP-BGP
WAN Protocols: HDLC, PPP, MPLS
Circuit switched WAN: T1/E1 - T3/E3/OCX (Channelized, Fractional & full).
Security Technologies: Cisco FWSM/PIX/ASDM, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, Blue Coat proxy server. Port Security, DHCP Snooping, IP Source Guard (IPSG).
Cisco Routers: Cisco ISR-1000, ISR-4000, ASR-1000, ASR-9000, ASR-5500, Meraki vMX 100.
Redundancy and management: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, RPR, NSF/NSR, STP, Wireshark, SolarWinds, SNMP
Physical interfaces: Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Serial, HSSI, Sonet (POS)
Layer 2 technology: VLAN, VXLAN, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, STP, RSTP, PVST+, MST, PVLAN, Optimizing STP (Port Fast, Uplink Fast, Backbone Fast, Root Guard, BPDU Guard)
Layer 3 Switching: CEF, MLS, Ether channel (PAGP & LACP, Load Balancing)
Switches: Catalyst 3650, 3850, 6500, 6880, 9k series; Nexus 2k, 3k, 5k, 7k, 9k
Load Balancers: F5 LTM, GTM, iRules
Operating Systems: Microsoft XP/Vista/7, Windows Servers 2003/2008, Windows MS-Office, Microsoft project server 2013
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Network Engineer
- Design, Deployment, Installation, Configuration, and Upgrading the Cisco ISR routers and Catalyst switches.
- Responsible for the conversion of Confidential ’s sites from Metro Ethernet (Metro E) to Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) technology.
- Implementation of the routing protocols BGP (EBGP, IBGP) and EIGRP to enable MPLS on the sites.
- Worked extensively on the Cisco2821, Cisco2921, Cisco3925, Cisco ISR 4K series routers.
- Worked extensively on the Cisco Catalyst 3560, Catalyst 3650, Catalyst 4500-X series, Catalyst 6500 series, Catalyst 9200, Catalyst 9300, and Catalyst 9500 series.
- Responsible for replacing the End-of-Life support switches such as Catalyst 3560, 3650, 3850 series with Cisco Catalyst 9300, 9500 series switches.
- Responsible for replacing the End-of-Life support routers such as Cisco2821, 2921, 3925 routers with the Cisco ISR 4K series routers, Cisco ASR routers.
- Performed testing on the Cinna & Cisco MPLS circuits through GNS3 to validate functioning before going-live with the MPLS conversion.
- Responsible for preparing the test scripts to evaluate the MPLS circuits on GNS3.
- Worked extensively on the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and its features to convert the sites from OSPF to MPLS-BGP.
- Worked on the design of Route-filtering, AS-Path filtering by implementing the regular expressions in BGP.
- Worked on OSPF and implemented successful migration from OSPF to EIGRP.
- Ensured a successful migration to MPLS-BGP without optimizing the existing parameters.
- Responsible for License upgrading on the devices and maintained network performance.
- Responsible for documentation the MetroEthernet to MPLS conversion procedures.
- Implemented Quality of Service (QoS) Policy-maps, Class-maps to segregate and provide better data transmission within the enterprise network.
- Procure network equipment for the devices that are Confidential the End-of-Life support and planning the scheduled upgrades.
- Responsible for recommending Industry best practices for the network implementation and management.
- Coordinate and work with the Internet Service Providers (ISPs) for successful migration to the MPLS technology.
- Performed network monitoring and analysis through the SolarWinds monitoring tool and Wire Shark.
Environment: Cisco ASR1002-HX, Cisco ISR 4451/4351/4321/4221 , Ciena 3903/3930/6500 , Cisco ME-3600X, Cisco Catalyst 6500 series/9k switches, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, GNS3, Microsoft Visio, Metro Ethernet, MPLS-BGP.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Sr. Network Engineer
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Cisco and Alcatel-lucent equipment in an enterprise environment.
- Worked on the configuration and installation of Cisco Nexus 3k, 5k, and 7k series switches.
- Worked on the configuration of vPC (Virtual Port Channel), VDC (Virtual Device Context), FCOE in Nexus 5k and 7k series switches.
- Experience with the configuration of Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX) for the Nexus 5k to connect servers and storage devices.
- Worked on the configuration of Cisco 6500 VSS in Distribution layer of the Data center network.
- Worked and responsible for managing VPN systems for site-to-site and remote access.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of Cisco ISR 800, 1000 series and ASR 1000 series routers.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the implementation of Quality of Service (QoS) through Shaping, Policing, Diffserv, Priority Queuing, QoS Tools, and QoS Algorithms.
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience on managing data network configurations for layer 2, layer 3 and network security devices.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing data networks and related support applications.
- Ability to identify, document, and assess impact of assigned network system failures, and to develop appropriate recovery plans.
- Hands on experience on the automation framework using Python scripting.
- Worked on the URL filtering and upgradation of Palo Alto firewall from PAN-OS 7.1 to PAN-OS 8.0.
- Worked on the configuration of DMZ, PAT, SSL Encryption, App-IDs on the Palo Alto firewall.
- Worked on the migration from Cisco ASA to the Palo Alto firewall and the configuration of User-ID’s, App-ID’s, SSL Decryption, URL Filtering, Policies, Zone Protection, High Availability, and Management.
- Palo Alto Firewall troubleshooting and policy change requests for new IP segments that either come on line or that may have been altered during various planned network changes on the network.
- Hands on experience and demonstrated knowledge with the Cisco ISE for access control and its integration with the enterprise network.
- Worked on the Inflo box DNS Traffic control, DHCP, and IPAM for the Network control; Worked on the implementation of Domain Name Service and BIND.
- Maintain, Upgrade, and Implement improvements to the VMware ESXi infrastructure.
- Great exposure to SDN and network virtualization technologies like Cisco ACI.
- Hands on experience with Cisco Meraki switching and wireless LAN.
- Worked on the installation of Meraki MR42E and MR53 wireless access points for the cloud management.
Environment: Cisco 2k, 3k, 5k, 7k series; Catalyst 2960, 3650, 3850 series switches; ISR 800/1000 series, ASR 1000 series, 3600/2800 routers, Alcatel-lucent, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SDN, EIGRP, BGP, DMVPN, SSL VPN, Cisco Meraki, Cisco ACI, EtherChannel, VMware ESXi.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Sr. Network Engineer
- Worked on 2900, 3900, 7613 Routers, implemented OSPF and BGP and performed route filtering and route manipulation by applying distribute-lists, route-maps & offset lists.
- Translating Cisco IOS Route maps to Cisco IOS XR Routing policies.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs of Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Upgrading the IOS on the ASA 5550, 5585 and have done IOS upgrades on Cisco routers and switches.
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco7600, 7200, 3800 series and ASR 9k, GSR 12K routers and Cisco 2950, 3500, 3550, 3750, 5000, 6500 Series switches.
- Mutual redistribution of OSPF and BGP routes using route maps for WAN optimization.
- Configuring VLAN, Spanning tree, VSTP, SNMP on EX series switches.
- Working Knowledge and demonstrated experience with the Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (NGFW).
- Worked on the configuration of VPN tunnels for the DMVPN and remote access on the Cisco ASA firewall.
- Worked on the configuration of QoS, URL filtering, and other features on the Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Experience working with migration from 4500 series devices to 6500 Series switches in Campus deployments Confidential Core and Distribution Layers.
- Experience in the deployment & Troubleshooting F5 Load Balancer Includes BIGIP Series 5050V, 10000V, 8900, 6900, and 3900.
- Demonstrated experience with BIG-IP environment utilizing the GTM, LTM, APM or ASM.
- Hands on experience on F5 BIG-IP LTM 11.2, F5 BIG-IP GTM, F5 BIG-IP APM and F5 BIG-IP ASM.
- Experience with configuring virtual server and load balancing in F5 Networks BIG-IP LTM.
- Worked on F5 Load Balancer for managing F5 LTM Application Load Balancing.
- Worked on the implementation of Infoblox DNS, DHCP, and IPAM (DDI) for the network.
- Assisted Voice team in the configuration of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM).
- Hands on experience with the working of protocols such as SIP, RTP, RTSP, IGMP, and IP Multicast for supporting the Voice, Data, and Video networks.
- Assisted the networking team on the installation of 7800, 6900, and 3900 series IP phones.
- Moved Core switches and several non-Cisco devices under strict deadlines without compromising the existing parameters to maintain network functionality
- Upgrading system images on Nexus 5k and 7k multi-layer switches using kick start and FTP server.
- Worked on the configuration of BGP and advertisement of routes to the ISP network.
Environment: Cisco Router 7613, Cisco Switch 6500, Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K, RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, VLAN, MPLS, 802.1x, Cisco ASA 5550/5585, Cisco ASA Fire Power, Infoblox, SDN, Blue Coat Proxy, PIX Firewall, F5 Load Balancer 6400/6800, F5 Load Balancer, BIG-IP, LTM, GTM.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Worked on OSPF using features like TSA, SA, NSSA and route summarization. Configured EBGP/IBGP policies also tested BGP attributes such as Local p, MED, AS-PATH, Community and Weight
- Configured Virtual-link between dis-contiguous backbone areas in the network.
- Configured and worked on VRFs on the CE to support MPLS L3 VPNs. The work also involved fixing MPLS based circuits to effectively resolve communication issues.
- Building configurations for Cisco 6500(sup 720), 4500(sup 6) & 3750 catalyst switches with features like port security, VLANS, VTP, PVST+.
- Creating ACL policies for Cisco 5540 ASA firewall with access control to NAT and object grouping functions.
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM, configured profiles provided and ensured high availability.
- Designed WAN structure to prevent single point of failure in case of link failure.
- Worked with Nexus 6001T switch which is used for low- port-to-port latency in the data center using cut-through feature architecture. And configured VPC+ on these switches along with Nexus 2200 Fabric extenders.
- Worked on OTV to extend L2 VLANs between data centers over IP on Nexus 7018 switches.
- Experience working with network monitoring applications (Solar winds).
- Involved in operations and administration of WAN consisting Ethernet Handoffs, T1, DS3, and Optic Fiber Handoffs.
- Provided technical assistance for LAN/WAN management & troubleshooting and complex customer issues.
- Assisted in the installation and configuration of firewalls.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience on the Check Point Firewall and its configuration.
- Assisted on maintaining and monitoring SAN and associated modules.
- Been part of level 2 LAN / Migration/Integration support.
- Worked on the iRules and F5 Application Security Manager implementation.
- Performed Cisco Switching (Layer 2 & 3), Configuration/IMAC Changes (Cisco 2960/3560/3750/3850/4500/6500/ Nexus 5K).
- Familiar with Cisco Wireless (5508/2504 Controllers, 1200/2600 Access Points)
- Performed configuration of voice VLANs, Moves/Adds/Changes.
- Documentation of Network Topology Changes/Visio Drawings.
- Basic Cisco VoIP Support (Call Manager/Unity 8.6.2 etc.) Moves/Adds/Changes
Environment: Cisco 6500/4500/3750/2960/6500 , Cisco wireless 5508/2504 controllers, Check Point Firewall, 1200/2600 Access Points
- Configured and managed IP routing using a combination of static routing and dynamic routing protocols like OSPF and EIGRP.
- Worked on PRTG Network monitoring tool to monitor and troubleshoot various issues in the network.
- Configured STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data along with configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
- Worked on issues related to static and dynamic routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP (Variance and unequal cost load balancing) and OSPF.
- Configured VLANs with IEEE 802.1q tagging, private VLANs, VTP on Cisco 4500 and 6500 series switches. Configured trunk groups, ether channels, and Spanning tree for creating Access/distribution and core layer switching architecture.
- Worked on issues related to VLAN, VTP and HSRP failovers.
- Created network diagrams and proper documentation for the network architecture.
Environment: Cisco 6509/3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Checkpoint firewalls (SPLAT), Cisco IOS CLI, Net Flow, TACACS, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, CSM, Ether Channels.