- Around 5 years of professional Information Technology experience with working experience as Build/Release Engineer and AWS Engineer.
- Expertise in Amazon Cloud Services and its features (EC2, VPC, Lambda, EBS, AMI, snapshots, Autoscaling, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, SES, SQS, SNS, RDS, EMR, ELB, CloudWatch etc.)
- Designed and deployed multiple applications utilizing most of the AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, Route 53, RDS, DynamoDB, EMR and SQS.
- Fundamental Understanding and hands on programming improvement and programming qualified programming tests directed by TCS ) in a dialect, for example, java, c, c++ and python.
TECHNICAL SKILLS SUMMARY:
Programming Languages: C, C++,SQL, Core Java, Shell script, Python
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
Operating System: Linux
Confidential, MADISON, WI
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Design CloudFormation templates for Kinesis streams encryption, S3 buckets for blocking private access
- Perform S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Worked on CloudWatch alarms for RDS, DynamoDB using metrics and design dashboards.
- Develop shell script for enabling versioning on s3 buckets to detect unused buckets and enable lifecycle policies for unused buckets.
- Develop python script for automated backups for Jira, confluence, bitbuckets using Container services and lambda functions
- Develop shell script for server - side encryption across all CloudWatch log groups in Stage and Prod environments.
- Perform remediation of CIS Benchmark and Trusted advisor for Dev, Stage, Prod, Test accounts which includes disabling public access for s3 buckets, ensure credentials unused for 90 days or greater are disabled and ensure VPC flow logging is enabled in all VPCs.
- Develop script to monitor the async lambda queue for each account including Dashboard to show lambda execution, notifications to the Operations Queue in the event of warnings/alerts.
- Perform migration of metadata for each stage and each environment in S3 to confluence using Jira plugin.
- Develop critical performance metrics for an operational dashboard for Aurora, Lambda, API Gateways.
- Configure securing the CloudFront origin S3 buckets with an appropriate ACL policy.
- Develop Cloud search using CloudFormation, AWS CLI and CLI shell script to deploy and hardening of Cloud search.
- Work on decommissioning of legacy environments and legacy Jenkins jobs.
- Develop workflows for Cognito across all Environments and secure them.
- Configure cost optimization in all environments to monitor usage and implement Janitor monkey to detect unused resources.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via CloudFormation, software and services configuration.
- Provide security and managed user access and quota using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), including creating new Policies for user/role management.
- Develop workflows for enabling of CloudFormation termination protection, configure default VPC s, security service token.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Cloud Watch, Lamda,Cloud Formation, Docker, Shell script,S3, Python,Jenkins,Bitbucket,Jira,Lambda, Elastic Container Service etc.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files.
- Experience in Designing, Installing and Implementing Ansible configuration management system and in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications.
- Created and configured Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds.
- Experience on various custom Ansible Playbooks and modules for deployment orchestration.
- Developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day - to-day server administration tasks, migrated many applications into AWS and provide cloud Security.
- Created playbooks for deploying of Linux and windows on cloud platforms using Ansible.
Build & Release Engineer
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools
- Installed Jenkins Created Deployment Jobs for Various Projects.
- Extensively used ANT tool to do the builds, Integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Release Management and Scheduler tools like Control-M .
- Documented release builds and source control procedures and plans.
- Performed daily/week software builds and releases for their promotion to the production environment.
- Implemented the setup for Master Slave Architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Configured application servers like Tomcat to deploy the code.
Environment: SVN, Ant, Maven, Shell/Perl, Nagios, GIT Jenkins, JIRA, MS Build, Tomcat, Control-M.