- Multifaceted technical career with 8 - year track record of innovation and success.
- Technically sophisticated engineering professional with solid history of systems engineering within mixed-platform environments and server-client relations.
- Broad knowledge and success in SQL servers, UNIX, Linux, and Confidential solutions.
- Proficient in leading network storage deployment, business requirements, capacity planning, vendor management, and team leadership.
- Skilled in database administration, Windows System Programs, and centralized version control tools.
- Adept at system management, migrations, programming, and automation.
- Test Development, Schedule & Execution / Project Management / Server and SQL Administration
- Installations / Configurations / Troubleshooting & Issue Resolution
Platforms: UNIX (AIX, PowerVM), Mac OS, Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 , Redhat Linux V 5,6 & 7.
Hardware: SVC and DS8000 SAN, Confidential VNX and VMAX, HP Servers, SCSI devices, Fibre Channel, JBOD storage, SAN switches, ATA and SCSI hard drives and DLT tape drives, brocade Switches.
Linux Systems Administrator / Engineer
- Wrote a shell script to automate inventory collection, firmware upgrades, and OS installations
- Code improvements and adding new features to existing source code in repository.
- Sent on location at customer site abroad to ramp up manufacturing process and directly collaborate with customer.
- Re-architected manufacturing process to shorten required time for end-to-end delivery and make it less error prone.
UNIX/Linux/AIX System Engineer
Technical Scope: AIX version 5.3, 6.1, 7.1, 7.2; NIM; AIX/VIOS backups; Confidential Hardware Management Consoles (HMC); HMC upgrades; Shell scripting.
- Wrote a shell script to automate inventory collection, error reporting, and capacity planning.
- Performed scheduled downtime virtual IO system maintenance and upgrades.
- Successfully served as technical lead of on-call escalation and resolution of unexpected system down troubleshooting.
ViPr Implementation Specialist
Technical Scope: Confidential Products (ViPr SRM, VNX, VMAX).
- Provided technical leadership for Confidential products, including installations, upgrades, configurations, troubleshooting, and collaboration with customer-side design alongside the System Architect.
- Developed custom reports, including analysis of utilization per pool/volume/LUN and Service Capacity.
- Specially selected to travel to Ireland and serve as sole establisher of Confidential products on-site for two weeks.
- Resolved a 12-month SAN infrastructure obstacle faced by cellular provider.
Technical Scope: AIX/VIOS servers, Confidential SVC, SDDPCM, Confidential, LPM migrations.
- Resolved hundreds of LPM migration problems faced by customers by analyzing their VIOS and SAN infrastructure.
- Used tools like top, topas, netstat, prstat, and tcpdump, perfpmr to analyze system performance and troubleshoot issues.
- Wrote shell script to analyze Confidential PMRs and consolidate info for faster root cause analysis.
Technical Scope: SharePoint 2010 portals, SQL servers and databases, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services).
- Directed administration and troubleshooting of SharePoint portals, test releases, bug verification, solution research and analysis, SQL server and storage setup, and installations/configurations/migrations/ backups.
- Oversaw production databases and built a continuous availability environment incorporating disaster recovery.