- Over 7 Years of extensive experience on DevOps Engineering & Release Management process, prioritizing CI / CD, Automation of Configuration Management, Security, build/release management, Cloud Resource Utilization, Infrastructure Automation etc.
- Around 7 years of working as DevOps Engineer on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Debian Linux, Ubuntu Linux, Fedora Linux.
- Experience working with various AWS services like EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, ELB, VPC, SDDC, Cloud Watch, Cloud formation, IAM and Auto Scaling in AWS CloudFormation JSON templates etc.
- Implemented multiple CI/CD pipelines as a part of DevOps role for on - premises and cloud-based software using Jenkins/Hudson, Build Forge, Anthill Pro, Chef, Ansible, Terraform and AWS/Docker.
- Good knowledge on build tools such as Ant, Maven, Puppet build script for Deployment using Jenkins.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes GIT, and Bit Bucket.
- Familiar with concepts of MS Azure, Rack Space, and Open Stack Cloud Based Technologies.
- Experience in writing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash.
- Creative in Building/Maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker on AWS.
- Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile Methodologies, Waterfall process, Project Management and Project Release.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles, group variables and inventory files and copy and remove files on remote systems using file module.
- Experience in working with GIT to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbook.
- Management and design of integrated build pipelines using continuous integration workflows such as Jira, Git, Stash, Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, and Nexus.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the Environments using SCM tools like GIT, GitHub and Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms.
- Experience with VMware vSphere ESXi and SRM.
- Experience with Build Tools like Ant, Maven, Gradle.
- Expertise in implementing the Configuration Management Tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Familiar with integrating JUnit, Cobertura, PMD, and Checkstyle, SonarQube code quality tools.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in configuring and deploying to applications servers Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere and webservers like iPlanet, Apache, ngnix etc.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk.
- Experience in tracking tools like JIRA, Remedy, ServiceNow and HP Service Manager.
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal, interpersonal skills, quick learner, team player, result-oriented, strong ability to work independently, leading teams.
Operating Systems: Windows Server, UNIX, LINUX, RHEL
Source control tools: Subversion, GIT and GITHUB
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE, Docker
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins and Build Forge
Repositories: Nexus and Artifactory
Configuration Management Tools: Ansible, Chef and Puppet
Languages: Perl scripting, Shell scripting, Python, SQL, Java/J2EE
Tracking tools: JIRA, Remedy, ServiceNow, HP Service Manager and ClearQuest
Monitoring Tools: Splunk
Code Quality tools: JUNIT, Cobertura, SonarQube, Checkstyle, PMD and Findbugs
Application servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Web Servers: iPlanet, Apache, nginx
Databases: Oracle and MYSQL
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks in YAML to manage Configurations, Orchestrations and deployments to remote machines.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Wrote several Ansible playbooks for the automation that was defined through tasks using YAML format and run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Experienced on Jenkins Pipeline to build real world CD pipelines for containerized applications using Jenkins and Docker.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes , Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Created Docker files for internal services and applications as well as 3 rd party applications and used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Managed and Administrated of Unix/RedHat Linux servers, includes Linux operating systems by applying related patches and packages at regular periods using YUM & RPM tools.
- Created local repository to connect Linux server to RHEL site for downloading packages and patches.
- Automated installing the Linux packages and administering Linux servers using Ansible and automating product installation configuration.
- Responsible to setup Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling and post-hook scripts in source control systems (GIT and SVN) during the day and periodic scheduled builds overnight to support development needs using Jenkins, Junit, Maven.
- Experience with Build Management tools like Maven for writing build.xml and Pom.xml.
- Managed multiple AWS accounts with multiple VPC’s in non-prod where primary objective includes automation, buildout, and integration.
- Managing Amazon instances by taking AMIs and performing administration and monitoring of Amazon instances using Amazon Cloud Watch.
- Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template. Versioning enabling, data management and CORS in S3 buckets.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Terraform templates.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across AWS cloud provider and managing infrastructure.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Wrote deployment scripts using Shell, Perl and Python scripts.
Environment : AWS , Ansible, Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Maven, npm, Gradle, Nexus, GIT, JIRA, Unix/Linux, Windows, Shell, Perl and Python scripting, and ServiceNow.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Build servers using AWS Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, S3, creating security groups, auto scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers like Apache, Nginx, Tomcat and JBOSS.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Designed Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC , subnets , NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and migration from traditional to cloud environment.
- Managed multiple AWS instances across multiple environment using Terraform scripts. Configured RDS instances using Cloud Formation and Terraform and map more complex dependencies and identified network issue.
- Provisioned AWS infrastructure using Terraform and created new providers and resources to automate infrastructure provisioning .
- Migrate on premise database to AWS Cloud and designed, built, and deployed a multitude application utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, R53, S3, RDS, SNS, and IAM), by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling).
- Knowledge on Azure Cloud Services, Azure directory, storage, Service Bus.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Jenkins.
- Used Ansible to document application dependencies into version control.
- Responsible for on boarding Application teams to build and deploy the code using GitHub Jenkins, Nexus and Ansible
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Build Automation and Build docker files, Pipeline Development using Jenkins and Maven.
- Creating from scratch a new continuous integration stack based on Docker and Jenkins, allowing transition from dev stations to test servers.
- Used Logical Volume Manager for the management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux .
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including Apache Tomcat server, mail server and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Configured SPLUNK alerts and created Dashboards for monitoring
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in Subversion.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy Pipeline setup and End-End Job setup of all the projects using Jenkins.
- Implemented the setup for Master-Slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Responsible to manage private repositories using Nexus and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server.
- Build artifacts are deployed into Tomcat instances which were integrated using the Perl and Shell scripts.
Environment: Unix, windows, Git, Ansible, AWS, EC2, S3, Dynamo DB, IAM, VMware, Jenkins, Maven, Eclipse, Shell Scripting, Subversion, Apache Tomcat, Cloud Formation Kubernetes, Splunk, Ruby, Jira, Python, Docker, Web Sphere Application Server, Sonar, Chef.
Sr. Build & Release Engineer
Confidential, Orangeburg, NY
- Expertise building and monitoring software projects continuously with CI Tool Jenkins or other similar tools.
- Create and maintain build scripts for J2EE (Maven) applications.
- Expertise in using Maven to manage a project's build, reporting and documentation.
- Create and maintain deployment scripts of Java/J2EE Applications to Web Logic Application Server.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Designed and implemented SVN metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Experience in writing implementation plans for installing software components on build agents, and working with application services team to execute the install.
- Support QA regression deployments, monthly and weekly releases of applications.
- Extensive experience with Maven builds process and repository managers like Artifactory and Nexus.
- Working knowledge of LINUX Shell scripting, Perl scripting.
- Integrating the code quality analysis tools like Cobertura, FindBugs, JUnit, PMD, and CheckStyle into the projects.
- Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Worked closely with the Development Team in the design phase and developed use case diagrams using Rational Rose.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) process being the owner of post development environments.
- Participate in release coordination and communication to stakeholders.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Maven, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, WebLogic, JIRA, Nexus, Artifactory, PMD, FindBugs, Cobertura and JUnit.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and worked closely between development and infrastructure.
- Implemented Subversion branching and merging strategies for Database, Java, and WEB Technologies.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Scripted ANT (Build.xml's) for Building Ant Projects.
- Configured Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Create documents on build process and flow, build script maintenance, user guide for developers for local builds.
- Troubleshooting of issues with the Project teams\Business and Root Cause identification and resolution.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Worked on creating components and resource groups for the apps.
- Setup different environments for build, (Test, Development, Pre-production and Production).
- Deployed to Web Sphere Application Servers.
- Involved in troubleshooting of user Confidential using JSP.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta, and production environments.
- Creation of Configuration Management Plans, Usage Models for different applications.
- Used ClearQuest as change management and bug tracking tool.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining quality control processes, continually meeting corporate objectives and resulting in highest level of client satisfaction.
- Developed and maintained the Standard Operating Procedures for the software.
- Experience as Rational SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle Engineer).
- Created scripts for Backup and restoring SVN repositories.
- Installing, configuring, troubleshooting and modifying software.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), ANT, Hudson, WebSphere, ClearQuest, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML.
- As a member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on Unix/Linux platform.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using SVN version control tools.
- Used ANT as the build automation tool for Java based projects.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Setup and manage continuous integration build and deploy jobs using Hudson/Jenkins for different build configurations.
- Build and deployed J2EE application into WebSphere.
- Deployed applications into WebSphere Environments using automation scripts.
- Deployed the archives to JBoss Web server and WebSphere /WebLogic Application Servers.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
- Participated in the Change Control Board Meeting to analyse the risk and plan for the successful Releases.
- Coordinated application releases with Development, DBA, QA and Project Management teams.
- Used Remedy as a ticketing tool in the project.
Environment: SVN, ANT, Jenkins/Hudson, WebSphere, JBoss Web Server, Perl and Shell Scripts.