DevOps Specialist with 8 years of experience around automation with Chef, Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud, OpenShfit various Middleware Platforms and Linux Infrastructure Management/Monitoring Solutions for Web Applications in both Cloud and Data Center environments. Strong exposure and experience in Continuous Deployment & Continuous Delivery with orchestration tools like Docker & Kubernetes.
OVERALL SKILLS AND EXPOSURE AREAS:
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef & Ansible
Cloud Technologies: Amazon AWS (EC2, ELB, EBS,VPC, RDS, S3, Route 53, SNS and Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation), OpenStack, Open Shift, Docker & Vagrant, Kubernetes. Cluster tools Apache Mesos.
Source Control: SVN, Git, Bit Bucket
Continuous Integration: Jenkins & Bamboo
Continuous Deployment: Jenkins
Application/ Web Server: Weblogic Server 10.x/11g, JBOSS AS - 5/6/7, Apache, Tomcat6
Scripting Language: Bash Shell Scripting, Ruby Scripting (For Chef Development), PowerShell, PHP & Python
Database/RDBMS: Amazon RDS, MySQL, NoSQL (AWS Simple DB, Cassandra & Mongo DB)
Confidential, Colorado and WisconsinDevOps Specialist
- Automate Multiple Environments Using kubernetes service on Amazon web service cloud.
- Writing docker files with parameterized data.
- Implemented devops structure with complete monitoring.
- Build CI /CD using Jenkins with test and deploy on to the containers.
- Bring up a Complete Environment for CVAS Platform, with multiple micro service deployed on Amazon Cloud.
- To secure the environment I configured VPC, Subnets, Route table, Load balancer, Route 53 services etc.. on Amazon.
- Written a Shell script to Automate Mysql & Mongo DB Backup and dump to S3 Buckets.
- Implemented Configuration Management tool called Ansible to manage the configurations and auto deploy the Micro services on the specific Instances.
- Written couple of Ansible playbooks for
- Mysql tomcat7 kafka, mqtt & NgC Micro services.
- Handling the complete AWS security checks by using BigFix.
- Configuring Continuous integration using Jenkins for all micro services.
- Replicated JIRA from one Environment to another with data and similar configurations on standalone servers.
- Migrating AD users with JIRA, Confluence & HipChat on Production environment.
- Role based user creation in Jira based on active directory group.
- Implemented internal Authentication with LDAP.
- Upgraded JIRA to latest version, including all plugins and application configurations (Confluence, Bamboo, SVN & HipChat).
- Working on multiple tools (AWS, Azure, Chef, Puppet, CI & CD) to setup an IP.
- Written shell script to setup Chef Server and integrate nodes.
- Written Cookbooks for CI (Jenkins).
- Worked on Jenkins for CI and CD of application.
- Worked on Cassandra NoSQL clustering.
- Brought up Mesos Sphere integrated with Kafka & Zookeeper with cluster mode.
- Contributing to the data center to Amazon AWS Cloud Migration and Chef Automation. Leading Application Monitoring and End User Experience Management activities.
- Creating cookbook for Jenkins installation and creating multiple continuous build and deployment pipeline jobs.
- Experience with Knife EC2 plugin to create, bootstrap and manage EC2 instances.
- Defining Chef Environments, Roles and Run-list.
- Creating Chef Encrypted Data Bags, storing environment based Data Bag Items.
- Experience with Test Kitchen-Vagrant as an integration tool for developing and testing infrastructure code and software on isolated target platforms.
- Knowledge of Server Spec tests for Unit Testing and Test Driven Development.
- Using BitBucket and Git as Distributed Version Control system and Artifactory as a resource repository.
- Installing and configuring Chef Server.
- Working on administration of AWS Architecture across multiple regions.
- Launching and configuring EC2, assigning Elastic IP and Elastic Load Balancer.
- Creating AWS CloudFormation templates to provision AWS infrastructure.
- Converting existing infrastructure into AWS CloudFormation Templates easing he way we provision infrastructure.
- Knowledge of AWS VPC configuration and setup.
- Actively contributed to AWS architecture optimization based on Application Usage and System Utilization.
- Implemented Open Source monitoring framework using Graphite, AWS CloudWatch and CollectD to monitor our architecture, identifying trends and analysis of the same.
- Implemented Nagios Monitoring framework across multiple AWS regions.
- Installing and configuring various plugins for custom metrics monitoring e.g. httpd, disk space, CPU load, Host Availability.
- Configuring various agents into Nagios using NRPE protocol.
- Ensuring timely deployments and administration for applications hosted in various environments like QA, Staging and Production.
- Implementation of new applications to be hosted on Amazon AWS.
- Done a POC in implementing OpenStack Private Cloud
- Providing automation platform for continuous build & release management and application deployment.
- Create a development/testing environment from configuration definition through Puppet agent.
- For each VM the agent automates the software configuration management which is stored in repository.
- On - board new projects from Config template on to tool server like Jenkins and SVN.
- This involves creating a new Jenkins job with the SVN parameters automatically through puppet agent. Additionally new environments are created on Puppet server for the on-boarded project.
- Invoke the puppet manifests from a webapp using Puppet CLIs
- Implemented Build and Release Management module with Subversion, Jenkins and Puppet
- Automated Jenkins installation & configuration and on-boarding new projects into Jenkins
- Provided technical help to the team members
- I have developed Puppet scripts which automates the installation and configuration of Jenkins
- I have developed Shell script which automates the on-boarding of new project into Jenkins
- Designed AWS Architecture to host Health care application with Highly Available and highly scalable.
- Provides High Available for MoMe Service (heart of the product).
- Worked on PowerShell Scripting to automate the Database Backup with retention policy and deploying the IIS Web application.
- Configured Nagios monitoring tool for Confidential Server.
- Worked on Open VPN and SVN.
- Configured a Microsoft Office 365 Mail server for the Application.
- Configured and setup Microsoft SQL Replication setup for high available data.
- Provided a High Availability for the Cloud Environment for all Info Bionic Server.
- Configured Oracle WebLogic Server in clustered environment as application server with Apache as webserver.
- Configured local Dynamic Domain Name System within AWS environment in high availability mode.
- Worked with Rest Web Services using shell scripting to configure network services.
- Configured NAT, NTP server within AWS.
- Configured IDS Snort and Snorby for application security on cloud.
- Configured Centralized Logging service (Syslog) for the Confidential Application
- Using BASH Scripting I have Automate the Environment