- Over 6 + years of experience in IT industry working as a AWS with DevOps engineer and a Linux and System administrator.
- Deploying the various test environments for different Applications based on requirement using Terraform and Jenkins.
- Exposed to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post - production analysis of the projects.
- Good understanding in SDLC methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall.
- Experience in AWS including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM and SNS.
- Experience on AWS Directory Service, AWS Domain Services and AWSSNS (Simply Notification Service)
- Experience in configuration management tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Docker, and Salt.
- Experience in developing ChefCookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Runlists, Managed Chef client nodes, and uploaded cookbooks to chef-server using Workstation.
- Experience in writing playbooks and creating roles in Ansible.
- Experience in installing and configuring an automated tool PUPPET that included installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Experience in all areas of Jenkins setting up CI for new branches, build automation, plugin management and securing Jenkins and setting up master/slave configurations.
- Experience working of deployable ancient rarities (war and ear) from source code utilizing Maven, Gradle and Ant as a Build Tool.
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments. with CI (Continuous Integration) tools such as Jenkins and Hudson.
- Expertise in writing Terraform templates to deploy various cloud environment infrastructures like Dev, QA and UAT in AWS and Azure cloud.
- Strong experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Splunk.
- Experience in Automation of various day-to-day administration task by developing ShellKsh, Bash, Ruby, Perl and PythonScripts.
- Excellent working knowledge in designing, installing and implementing VMwareESXServer, VMware Virtual Center and VMwarevSphere for Virtualization.
- Working experience of repository managers like Nexus.
- Proficient in using version control tool like Git, VSS and SVN.
- Strong knowledge in Java application development and managing software configuration and builds.
- Expertise in installing, upgrading, configuring and troubleshooting IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.x/8.x and WebLogic server 10.x/11. x.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service (ECS) scheduler.
- Used Artifactory to set up several Docker registries, through the use of local, remote and virtual Docker repositories.
- Experience in creating and managing multiple instances of ApacheTomcat and deployed several test applications in those instances for QA environment.
- Experience in Deploying applications on JBoss, Apache Tomcatwebserver, Oracleweblogic and IBMWebSphere.
- Strong knowledge of databases like Oracle 10g/11g, DB2 and My SQL.
- Experience in using bug tracking tools JIRA, Remedy and Junit.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of RedHat Enterprise Linux4.x/5.x/6.x,SunSolaris, CentOS 5/6 and Windows
- Performed tests on all new software and maintain patches for management services and perform audit on all security processes.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, EIP, Route 53, Auto scaling, Security Groups, VPC, Cloud Formation).Elastic Cache, Route 53, DMS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Amazon aurora, Amazon snowball, Amazon Kinesis, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Work Spaces, SQS, Amazon Glacier, AWS LAMBDA
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo,Terraform
CI /Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, AntHillPro, Teamcity, Bamboo.
Repository Management tools: Nexus
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Splunk, Chef, Puppet, Ansible,Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Build Forge
Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
Virtualization tools: VMware ESX Server, vCenter, vSphere.
SCM Tools: GIT, SVN, CVS, Git, Github
Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Nginx, Windows Server 2012.
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Junit, Remedy
Operating systems: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Unix, Windows
Databases: Oracle, MySQL
Confidential, Rosemont, IL
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- End to end deployment ownership for projects on AmazonAWS which includes scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production.
- Responsible for managing the ChefClient nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Set-up JenkinsAWSCode Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Integrated AmazonCloudWatch with AmazonEC2 instances for monitoring the log files, store them and track metrics.
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Experience with Terraform to build infrastructure as a code
- Configured S3 to host static web content and deployed cloud stack using AWSOpswork.
- Configured the load Balancers and VPC with private subnets and had a good knowledge on troubleshooting for the connectivity issues.
- Written custom resources and used Chef Handlers for various auto kick-off requirement jobs.
- Wrote Python/Shell Scripts to Monitor Variety of Services &PerlScripts with Hash/Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content in multiple servers.
- Performed SVN to GIT/BitBucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow
- Built Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing terraform code
- Hands on experience on terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef, Python (boot& fabric) and AWSCloudFormation Templates.
- Created various Terraformscripts to deployKubernetes, Dev, QA and Pre-prod environments in AWS Cloud.
- Supported the process of first time configuration of web applications using Vagrant along with Puppet and Chef for provisioning.
- Managed AnsiblePlaybooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Involved in Development and Implementation of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) pipeline involving Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, ECS and Docker containers to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and setup the automated build on Docker Hub and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, ElasticLoadBalancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Develop CloudFormationscripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Worked with Docker for convenient environment setup for development and testing.
- Wrote Docker images for Bamboo, Nexus and various.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Installed Docker Registry for local upload and download of Docker images and even from Docker hub.
- Developed ChefCookbooks to install and configure ApacheTomcat, Jenkins, and Run deck and deployment automation.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux using AmazonEC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bashscripts.
- Created private cloud using kubernetes that support DEV, TEST and PROD environments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Ducker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWSAMI's.
- Implemented build stage- to build the micro service and push the Docker container image to the private Docker registry.
Environment: AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Chef, VCS, kubernetes Subversion, Ansible, Micro Services, GIT, Run deck, Maven, ANT, LINUX, XML, Ruby, IBM Web Sphere, Java/J2EE, Oracle, Shell scripts.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management using AWS, Chef, Jenkins and Ruby/Bash Scripts.
- Worked on Creating and maintaining AmazonEC2 instances and Auto scaling groups.
- Worked on bucket policies, S3 storage like Glacier, maintained SNS and CloudWatch monitoring services.
- Create, Change and Orchestrate AWS Infrastructure with Terraform.
- Building scalable, repeatable infrastructure and end-to-end 3-Tier architecture using Terraform.
- Automated deployment using configuration Management tool like Chef to provision AWS EC2 Instances to enable continuous Deployments.
- Implemented ChefKnife and Cookbooks for Deployment on internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into EC2 instances.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Resolved issues of merge conflicts and developed custom scripts to monitor repositories and Server storage.
- Worked with Terraform to create stacks in AWS from the scratch and updated the terraform as per the organizations requirement on a regular basis
- Installed Nexus repository tool to maintain the artifacts/dependencies jars.
- Created and maintained Shellscripts and Perl deployment scripts for JBOSS application servers.
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Built and deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the entire process.
- Wrote ChefCookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end-product configuration.
- Converted production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Worked with Build Management tools like Ant and Maven for writing build.xml and Pom.xml.
- Branched, Tagged and Released Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Configured and deployed OpenStack Enterprise master hosts and OpenStack node hosts.
- Deployed applications on ApacheWebserver, Nix and Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And, configuration automation using Docker, Kubernetes containers.
- Worked with Bug tracking tool like JIRA, Bugzilla and Remedy.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Shell, Ruby, PHP and Python.
- Performed Security Scans, defect tracking, defect reporting and defect reproducing using SonarQube, Bugzilla and JMeter.
- Managed releases to make sure the code goes to live with Quality and security.
- Performed Post Deployment Monitoring and Validation.
- Troubleshoot network issue from the OS stand point using netstat, ping, traceroute and tcpdump commands.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, IAM, S3, EC2, VPC, cloud watch, Nix, ANT1.9.6, Maven2.5.3, Tortoise SVN1.9.3, GitHub2.7.0., Chef12.2, Puppet3.0, Ansible2.0.0, Docker1.5, Java, Agile, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Junit4.2, Cucumber, JSON6.0.8, Bash13.1, Shell, Perl, Python3.5.1, PHP, Ruby, Apache JMeter, JBOSS, SonarQube, Bugzilla, Shell scripting, SENDMAIL, Apache, WebSphere, Sun and Veritas Clusters..
Confidential, Bothell, WA
- Transferred purchase transaction details from legacy systems to HDFS.
- Expertise in launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Experience with AWS services (EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, Cloud formation, Auto scaling).
- Provided enhanced security and identity access management (IAM) for AWS account.
- Worked on EC2 features to provision, monitor, scale, and distribute infrastructure.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans using Corporate WIKI.
- Wrote recipes and manifest to configure Chef nodes and Puppet agents.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and cloud formation and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Excellent configuration management using Puppet, Chef. Also experience writing chef cookbook and recipes to automate the deployment process and to integrating chef cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Provide support for customer deployments, including automation to create repeatable processes using Jenkins.
- Automated the AWS resources by using terraform
- Possessing strong knowledge in Ant and Maven build tools and implementing it with Jenkins with AWS services.
- Written multiple manifests and also customized facts for efficient management of the Salt clients.
- Knowledge of monitoring, logging and cost management tools that integrate with AWS.
- Creating snapshots and AmazonMachine Images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Strong Server Build skills and building client/server services like NFS, DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, SSH, LAMP, VNC, Sendmail, Qmail.
- Perform JIRA administration, setting up new projects, creating new workflows, adding users to roles.
- Assisted in move from Jira 5.2 to 6.3.6, making sure the various Jira containers for DevOps.
- Created AmazonVPC resources such as subnets, network access control lists, and security groups.
- Worked under an environment that has a good defect tracking system through the use of Manual Test and Test Manager.
- Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS.
- Experience in architecting and configuring secure VPC through private and public networks in AWS.
- Monitored AWS resources, set a notification alarm in case of trouble through CloudWatch.
- Managing users and groups using the amazon identity and access management (IAM)
- Created and managed cloud VMs with AWS EC2 command line clients and AWS management console.
- Documented work done, skills required and mitigated in future projects.
Environment: EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, Cloud formation, Auto scaling, AWS, CloudWatch, Amazon Machine Images, Maven, Salt, CentOS.
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
- Provisioned, built and administered Linux servers consisting of flavors like Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu and Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows NT4.0.
- Used automated installation technologies like Kickstart for provisioning of the servers.
- Configured and managing User accounts, File systems, Disk quotas, Network and system monitoring, end user connectivity and deploying hardware, DR and HA planning and implementation.
- Created file systems like Ext3, ZFS, VxFS using Veritas Foundation Suite, SVM and LVM.
- Wrote and implemented Perl script to modify LDAP database
- Created VMs for Solaris x86 and Linux on VMware and maintained them using VMwarevSphere Client.
- Wrote Chefcookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-production environments.
- Defined ChefServer and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Installed and configured Puppet Master and Puppet Client, created manifests to install packages, Cron jobs and start services.
- Managed AnsiblePlaybooks with Ansible roles.
- Created Ansible playbooks for various automation purpose, file copy, permission changes, configuration changes, path specific folder creation.
- Leveraged Chef recipes to start new app server instances, configure app server software and deploy apps.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins.
- Maintained and supported Docker containers running on Linuxmachines.
- Maintained Docker repositories and images.
- Performed administration of WebLogic 8.x instances which included installation, deployment, clustering and troubleshooting.
- Monitored and administered fine tuning system and network performance for RHEL systems.
- Built scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins to deploy J2EE applications to Application servers from one environment to other environments.
- Developed Shell and Python scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Used Jenkins continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Managed performance tuning of applications like Oracle 9i, WebLogic 8.x and Operating System
- Implemented naming services like DNS, NIS, and Active Directory in multi OS environments.
- Monitored all the systems for latest Virus definitions and System and Security patch updates.
Environment: Solaris 9, 10, Red Hat Linux 6.x, 7.x, 8, 9, AIX 6.1, Veritas Volume Manager 3.x, 4.x, VeritasNetBackup 4.5, Oracle 9i, WebLogic 8.x, Sun Fire v480, v880, 4800, 6800, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, Shell Scripting, Python, Maven
- Created, Installed and administered RedHat Virtual machines in VMware.
- Used VMware View Manager to administrate and monitor the entire infrastructure in the domain.
- Designed and implemented Subversion and GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Implemented and maintained branching, build and release strategies using Subversion and GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion and GIT support for different projects.
- Designed and maintained Subversion and GIT Repositories, views and access control strategies.
- Archived periodically and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Worked closely with developers to pinpoint and provide early warnings of common build failures.
- Automated build and release management process with monitoring changes between releases.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Weblogic and used WebSphere for hosting the applications.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Used the continuous integration tool Apache Anthill Pro to automate the daily processes.
- Created views and appropriate meta-data, performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- On-boarded instances set up environment, mitigated issues and troubleshooting instances stability for the application development team.
Environment: Subversion, GIT, Apache Anthill pro, AWS, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, Ruby, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts.