- Over 7+ years of experience in DevOps, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation, Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Bit Bucket, CVS and on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of source - code management principles and systems, particularly GIT.
- Good Experience on Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Elastic beanstalk and other services of the AWS family.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo and Sonar type Nexus.
- Experience with Build Management tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xml and pom.xmls respectively.
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications in data centres and in cloud.
- Integrating Jenkins with Testing Frameworks like SOAP, Cucumber.
- System health & performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation, including visualization tools such as Nagios and Splunk.
- Good hands-on Knowledge as Bamboo build engineer to create build and deployment plans.
- Solid understanding of current web and internet technologies like Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elastic search, Memcache.
- Extensively worked with Change tracking tools like BMC Remedy, JIRA and used these tracking, reporting and managing bugs.
- Experience in administrating, deploying and managing Ubuntu, CentOS servers. Worked with performance monitoring tools like Net stat.
- Hands on experience with Selenium Testing Tools.
- Extensively experienced in build automation tools like ANT, MAVEN and Gradle and have a good working knowledge on these tools.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Hands on developing and executing Shell scripts and Perl scripts.
- Experience in administering and deployment of Sun Solaris, Red Hat (Linux) & AIX servers via VMware.
- Deep expertise in building and breaking cloud-scale systems, with focus on Information Security, Data Stewardship, User Authentication, Network Security, Key Management, Resource Isolation.
Operating Systems: Windows server 2000/2003/2008/ XP, Windows 7, LINUX (RHEL), Ubuntu, Ce ntOS
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson, Chef, Puppet
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
Version Tools: Tortoise SVN, Clear Case, GIT.
Cloud Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, ELB, Autoscaling, S3, CloudFront, CloudFormation, ElasticCache, CloudWatch, SNS, AWS Import / Export
Database: MySQL, IBM DB2, MongoDB, Cassandra, SQL Server, Oracle
Languages/ Scripting: C, Java, Java Script, Python, Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting
SDLC: Agile, Waterfall
Web / Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere Application Server
Virtualization: VMware, Vsphere, XEN, VMware VSphere, Vcenter Orchestrator, Vagrant
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Configured continuous integration using Jenkins for timely builds, code coverage, running test
- Evaluating performance of EC2 instances their CPU, Memory Usage, IOPS, Network Usages and suggest appropriate instance type for the same
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Opsworks.
- Used Jenkins plugins for code coverage and also configured to run all the test before generating war file.
- Build out monitoring platform and continuously improve capabilities.
- Manage and operate the Big Data environment.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances & Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Deployed cloud stack using AWS OpsWorks.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Autoscaling groups.
- Used AppDynamics monitoring tool to monitor the health of all Applications that are deployed in various servers.
- Automated installing the Linux packages and administering Linux service using Ansible, and automating product installation configuration
- Supported 2000+ AWS Cloud instance’s and also familiar with Amazon Cloud command line management.
- Hands-on experience with Docker, Nuget, NPM and other deployment tools
- Accelerated shipment of application within continuous delivery environment using Bamboo, Docker, Stash and NPM.
- Automated builds to the docker hub on every commit and release.
- Result driven consultant with good experience in the area of UNIX/Linux System Administration.
- Utilize DevOps methodologies and best practices to create infrastructure automation and continuous delivery.
- Ensure communication between Operations and all Engineering Teams, Product Owners, and Scrum Masters.
Environment: Ansible, Python, MYSQL, MSSQL, Perl, Shell Scripting, Subversion, Perforce, Jenkins, Cloud formation, EC2, S3, Cloud Front, Route 53, GIT, Web services, Web Logic, ANT, TFS 2008/2010(Team Foundation Server), Web sphere, Nagios.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA.
Sr. DevOps & AWS Engineer
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Installed and configured Hudson/Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Integrated GitLab into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins to move from environment to other environments.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Ansible & Puppet
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Utilize Puppet for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). Utilize S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Automation Engineer for Developing Build and deploy tool like Jenkins.
- Experienced in deploying Java projects using Maven/ANT and Jenkins.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for WEB Logic WEB application servers.
- Wrote puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Involved in development of Test environment on Docker containers and configuring the Docker containers using Kubernetes.
- Provided end-user straining for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Created and maintained the python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors, changes in the project requirements.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using Technologies like Puppet.
Environment: Puppet, Ansible, Sun Solaris, UNIX, windows, Python, Perl, Eclipse, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, SVN, CloudWatch, EC2, Install Anywhere, Tomcat Apache Application Serve.
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
- Involved in user interactions, requirement analysis and design for the interfaces.
- Prepared the design document for Document Management Module and User Management Module.
- Created class diagrams and sequence diagrams using MS Visio.
- Followed waterfall methodology for application development.
- Installed, configured multiple operating systems onsite and provisioned similar instances on AWS cloud .
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in GIT .
- Installed and configured Hudson / Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- We will schedule the deployments according to that we deploy by manual scripting of Linux or Python .
- Integrated GitLab into Jenkins to automate the code checkout process.
- Involved in node classifications of Puppet, hiera data and developed Puppet roles and profiles.
- Maintained and enhanced existing puppet modules to be deployed across various providers and deployment architectures.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, and the access control strategies.
- Experienced with CI tools and Version Control Tools or Source Code tools.
- Responsible for writing Manifests to configure nodes.
- Experienced in deploying Java projects using Maven/ANT and Jenkins .
- Maintained existing programs/scripts and extended Linux system functionality as needed.
- Involved in development of custom tag libraries, which provides various functionalities like check-in, checkout, export, import, open, delete, search etc. on JSP pages.
- Having the responsibility to test the use case by writing the Unit test cases and having good knowledge in usage of J-unit to test the application.
- Good experience in debugging the application by running the server in debug mode and having the experience in usage of log4J to persist the data in log files.
- Have the responsibility as a UAT support for the project until the project goes into the production.
Environment: Java J2EE, WebSphere, Git, Integrated Ant Maven and Build Forge, MAVEN, Jenkins, CHEF, LINUX, XML, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts.
- Deploying the Red hat Linux enterprise server as like existing versions 5.x, 6.x versions.
- Creating the VM shell and pushing the operating system using the kickstart server.
- Creation of Kickstart images for the different version of Red hat Linux Operating system like 5.x and 6.x
- Creating the filesystems using red hat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux serves.
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the filesystem using red hat volume manager.
- Mounting and unmounting the net app storage LUNs to the Red hat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered.
- Creating Link aggregation (LACP) with VLAN tunneling using virtual connect (VC).
- Share uplink set (SUS) using LACP & VLAN tagging.
- Performance Tuning and Management for Linux/AIX server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Creating the filesystem and RAW logical volumes for the Oracle RAC based on the requirement.
- Upgrading the kernel in all the Red hat Linux servers and creating initrd image to boot from the Upgraded kernel.
- Migration of Red hat Linux servers from 4.x version and working with the application team to resolve the issues post migration.
- Installation/Configuration of ESXi 3.5, 4.x servers and applying security patches to the ESXi servers.
- Managing the ESXi servers using the Vsphere client and Vcenter for managing the multiple ESXi servers.
- Building the Red hat Linux server in Vmware ESX client through Vsphere client.
- Performed Vup 5.0, Sybase 11.5.1, Perl Scripting, NIS, NFS, LDAP server, Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, EMC Storage SAN.
- Working with backup team for the Legato backup & Restore, Legato client Installation in the Red hat Linux server.
- Installed and Configured SAMBA Server in Linux for accessing the shared files from the windows environment.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 5.x, 6.x, Autosys, CentOS, VMware vSphere 4.0, VMware ESX 3.5.0, GIT, Perl Scripting, MySQL, Tomcat.