- Over 8+years of extensive experience in Automating, configuring and deploying using tools like Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, Docker, Docker Swarm, Chef, Nagios, Git, GitHub, Splunk, Gradle, Vagrant, Puppet, Kubernetes, Bamboo. Involvement in the territories of DevOps with AWS, CI/CD Pipeline, Build and release management and Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2 instances on cloud conditions and Data focuses, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, SNS, SQS, ELB, Auto scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, ElacticCache, Cloud Watch. I constantly strive to learn new technologies and find ways to better myself in this rapidly changing industry.
- Experience in working with AWS resources like EC2, EBS, S3, ELB, VPC, ECS, Lambda, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail, Red Shift, SQS, SNS and experienced in Cloud automation.
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates and expertise in architecting secure VPC Solutions in AWS with the help of Network ACLs, Security groups, public and private network configurations.
- Good working knowledge on AWS IAM service IAM policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS access keys and Multi Factor Authentication. And migrated applications to the AWS Cloud.
- Built out Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS) private cloud open stack managed deployment of Microservices using Kubernetes, Docker and etcd to production environment. Performed server monitoring, Application monitoring, Capacity Planning and log monitoring using Nagios and Splunk.
- Converted existing Terraform modules that had version conflicts to utilize Cloud formation templates during deployments, worked with Terraform to create stacks in AWS, and updated the Terraform scripts based on the requirement on regular basis.
- Experience in working on several Docker components like Docker engine, Hub, Machine, Compose, Docker Swarm and Docker registry. Docker Swarm provides native clustering functionality for Docker containers, Created Docker Compose file using YAML file for defining networks, services and volumes to run the Multi Docker container applications and creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images to Docker Hub.
- Experience administering, configuring, installing applications to a WebSphere, JBOSS, or Open Shift Enterprise environment.
- Hands - on on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, Environment configuration Files, Users, Mount points, Packages and proactively manage change.
- Hands on experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), TFS, Bitbucket and used webhooks for integrating with continuous Integration tools Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo and ANT, MAVEN and Graddle for generating builds. Designed quality profiles and certain standards are set by installing Quality Gates in SONARQUBE.
- Experience in administrating VMware infrastructure client and vSphere. Knowledge in trouble shooting Linux Servers, resolving boot issues and maintenance of server issues using rescue mode and single user mode TechnicalSkills.
- Deployed servers using Puppet, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure and Implemented Puppet 3.8 manifests and Modules to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Expert in deploying the code trough web application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS.
- Hands-on experience in working with monitoring tools Splunk, AppDynamics and Prometheus for health check of an applications such as logs, number of transactions, business transaction errors, VM functioning and container monitoring.
- Extensive experience in using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for building the applications or source code and deploying the artifacts (JAR, WAR&EAR) into Nexus, Tomcat, Artifactory, etc.
- Experience in configuring and managing the container using Docker, run multiple applications by Docker Compose, and used to Docker Weave for Network Communication between Containers.
- Executed a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI’s, results in generating of new Docker container whenever a new GitHub branch get started.
- Installing and configuring LAMP (Apache/Tomcat/MySQL/PHP), Reverse-proxy servers (Nginx) and Expertise in supporting Database environments like Oracle, MySQL, DB2and Also, NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, CassandraDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web services (AWS) and implemented solutions using EC2, S3, and RDS in cloud formation Json templates, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling Groups, Auto scaling Launch Configuration and Auto scaling Lifecycle Hooks.
- Working knowledge on Container Orchestration and infrastructure as a code tools (IAAC) like Terraform for configuring AWS services, Docker for creating images and managing the containers using Kubernetes.
- Worked on Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory and terraform all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Deployed Kubernetes clusters on top of Amazon EC2 Instances using KOPS and Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers and building/maintaining Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes and deployed Kubernetes using HELM Charts.
- Worked with Red Hat Open Shift Container Platform for Docker and Kubernetes. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector, Services & deployed application containers as Pods. Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR.
- Built a new CI pipeline, Testing and deployment automation with Docker, Jenkins and Ansible. Integrating SonarQube in the CI pipeline for code coverage reports and sonar metrics. Integrating SonarQube in the CI pipeline to analyze code quality and obtain combined code coverage reports after performing static and dynamic analysis.
- Worked on Jenkins for integrating maven to generate builds, conduct unit tests with Junit Plugin, Regression tests with Selenium, Nexus Artifactory for storing jar, war and ear files, AppDynamics & ELK Stack for monitoring, SonarQube for code coverage reports and JIRA for document generation.
- Used Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK stack) for centralized logging and analytics in the continuous delivery pipeline to store logs and metrics into S3 bucket using lambda function.
- Created and maintained various Devops related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools and staged virtual environments using Docker and Vagrant.
- Used MySQL to perform basic database administration. Built out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins/Maven for deployment and build management system.
- Managed Nexus and Maven repositories to download artifacts during the build and Written Ansible Playbooks, which is entry point for Server Provisioning, where the automation identified through the tasks using YAML format.
- Experience using AnsibleTower, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard, and role-based access control, so that it is easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Used Ansible to document all infrastructures and document application dependencies into version control.
- Written Terraform modules for automating the creation of VPC’s and launching AWS EC2 Instances. Modules are written for creation of VPC and VPN connection from data center to production environment and cross account VPC peering.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation. Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
- Used Terraform for managing the infrastructure through the terminal sessions and executing scripts in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using AWS Cloud Watch. Wrote Ansible Playbooks for various applications and deploying them in AWS using Terraform.
- Used bash and python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMI’s and scheduling lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell, Python and Bash Scripts.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web Server, Nix and application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Expertise in creating complex and custom IAM policies, Roles, and user management for delegated users within AWS and experience in developing AWS cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, EC2 instances, ELB and security groups.
- Developed and managed cloud VM’s with AWS EC2command line clients and management console. Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions and alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Involved in working with cloud/storage systems along with few SaaS applications. Worked in deployment of content delivery networks (CDN) and system development in cloud environments.
- Managed Microservices using Docker to quickly spin up into reproducible dev environment and scaling them and orchestration using Amazon EC2 container service (ECS) and deploy it to an Amazon EC2 instance.
- Extensively involved in Managing Ubuntu, Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 instance by creating Chef Nodes through Open-Source Chef Server.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using CloudFormationTemplates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker, which was setup in Vagrant, AWS and VPCs.
- Written CloudFormationTemplates (CFT) in JSON and YAML format to build the AWS services with the paradigm of Infrastructure as a Code.
- Automated the cloud deployment using Chef, Python and AWS Cloud Formation Templates. Used Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Utilized AWS CLI for Setting up scalability for application servers for Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53 Managing users and groups using the amazon identity and access management (IAM).
- Utilized Chef to provision servers for quick deployment of application, web, and database servers.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes.
- Evaluated testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test-driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration to keep AWS server's template minimal.
- Manage the configurations of all the servers using Chef; configured Jenkins builds for continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD). Automated web server content deployments via shell scripts.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool using Chef on AWS EC2 instances.
- Installed and Configured Tomcat Application Server on Solaris, AIX, Linux.
- Installed and Configured Apache Web servers to their recommendations and patched the Solaris with latest patch Clusters.
- Extensive experience in using Application Servers Web Sphere Application Sever 8.x/7/6.x, WebLogic Application Server 8.1, JBoss 4.0, Apache Tomcat 4.x/5.x/6.
- Experienced in both framework and python to automate AWS environment creation along with the ability to deployment on AWS, using build scripts and automate solutions using Shell and Python Scripts.
- General administration (deployment, configuration, redeployment, problem investigation and support) of applications running on Tomcat Application Server.
- In addition to Apache and Tomcat Administration, responsibilities also include general UNIX Solaris Administration and Oracle Database maintenance.
- Designed and developed Bamboo Build deployments. Managed nexus MAVEN repositories to download the artifacts during the build.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Build & Release Engineer
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Installed, Configured Puppet Enterprise Version 4.x, Developed Modules, Hiera Classes, MCollective Orchestration, Puppet Forge. Automated Boostraping of Puppet Agents, and Used Puppet Roles/Environments to Automate Patch Management, Software Configuration on EC2 Instances in AWS.
- Automated Linux production server's setup using Puppet scripts. Used these scripts to replicate production build environments on a local dev boxes using Vagrant and VirtualBox.
- Performed hardware and software installations, upgrades, and maintenance, patch administration, kernel modification/upgrades, file system management, performance and security analysis and network configuration/tuning.
- Handling the day-to-day Operations, install software, manage file systems, monitoring performance and troubleshoot alerts. I also configured Red Hat Linux systems over the network, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Worked as Build/Release/Deployment/Operations with good understanding of the principles and best practices of SCM in Agile, Scrum methodologies.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured email and messaging notifications, managed users and permissions, and system settings by using Jenkins.
- Prepared role back strategies for various deployment activities in Subversion (SVN) and Performed all necessary Subversion support like branching, merging and tagging, checkouts, import, export.
- Provided the development, testing, staging and production environments to the new J2EE application development and implementation.
- Involved in identifying the build errors in the system, identify the build issues, and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with the team to get the build fixed before the release.
- Developed pom.xml files for maven build scripts and Integrated Maven with SVN to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Working on Deploying using middleware tools like WebSphere, Creating deploy scripts and setting for the production release.
- Responsible for creating software builds and releases, including the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures and systems, including source code control and issue tracking.
Confidential, Foster City, CA
- Experience in Installing, upgrading, configuring Red Hat Linux using kickstart servers and interactive installation.
- Expertise in package management using Red Hat RPM, YUM used in several Linux distributions such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Installation, Configuration, Upgradation, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of WebLogic, Apache and Tomcat on Solaris and Linux environments.
- Proficient in configuring Jumpstart and Kickstart servers to initiate installation of RedHat Linux on several machines at once.
- Experience working with Kickstart, DNS, DHCP, Yum, Mail, CentOS, NFS, RHEL, LDAP, etc. Knowledge on kernel configurations on CentOS, Red hat Linux, Debian 7, SUSE, Ubuntu 12.x/13.x in a DevOps Environment with CI/CD as iterative process.
- Experience in installing and configuring Se Linux using command line interface and setting up permissions to the files and directories according to the requirement.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in Ant and Maven, Created and modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml and Maven Pom.xml.
- Analyzed pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, and managing artifacts in Sonatype NEXUS repository.
- Experience in setting up a PXE boot environment with Red Hat Linux and Troubleshooting all load issues that occurred through Kick start and PXE boot methods.
- Written shell scripts for log rotation, rolling restarts, and Centralized restart scripts on machines by using ssh feature.
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of WebLogic with JDBC, JNMS, JNMI, SNMP and J2EE services. Deployed applications in (WAR, JAR, and EAR) in domain and clustered environments. Configured JDBC connection pools and data sources with Oracle 8.i database.
- Administered NFS, DHCP, NIS, and DNS Samba services that run on Sun Solaris, AIX, and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining application Server like WebSphere and Web Servers like Web Logic, Apache HTTP and Tomcat on UNIX and Linux. Experience in installation, configuration, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrade/patches of Linux and UNIX servers using Crontab.
- Modifying and creating new bash and python scripts for Linux and Solaris.
- Automated daily manual tasks by running Cron jobs using BASH Scripts that report on a user defined frequency about versatile issues on Linux-based servers.
- Update configurations, patch, monitor, maintain and troubleshoot, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory (Analyze and research incidents).
- Experience in distributed Firewall Services, Strong working knowledge of installing and supporting DNS/DFS/DHCP/WINS environment.
- Developed scripts for automating administration tasks like customizing user environment, and performance monitoring and tuning with nfsstat, netstat, iostat, vmstat.
- Strong Experience in LINUX/UNIX Administration, Shell Scripting with expertise in Red-hat/CentOS Linux 4/5/6, Solaris 8/9, VMware ESXi 4.5/5.5, WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Planned and performed the upgrades to Linux (RHEL 5x, 6x, SUSE 10, 11, CENTOS 5, 6, operating systems and hardware maintenance like changing memory modules, disk devices, SAS, SATA & SCSI devices.
- Configured Kick-start for RHEL (4, and 5), Jumpstart for Solaris and perform image installation through network.
- Build Yum and RPM repository Server for Development team to upload packages, Written UNIX Shell scripts for monitoring & clean up old files.
- Developed scripts for automating administration tasks like customizing user environment, and performance monitoring and tuning with nfsstat, netstat, iostat, vmstat.
- Configuring distributed file systems and administering NFS server and NFS clients and editing auto-mounting mapping as per system user requirements.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/shutdown, Backup strategy, Printing, Documentation, User Management, Security, Network management, dumb terminals and devices carried out.
- Experience working on User admin groups, maintaining account and monitoring system performance using Nagios.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and software failures for various Solaris servers (core dump and log file analysis).
- Installation of ESX server and creation of VM's and install different guest OS and Updating ESX host's using VMware Update manager.
- Production support of Apache, Apache HTTPD, JBoss, Tomcat including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Utilized Linux Terminal Server for removing fat client management, save on administration Provide users with a more reliable & secure environment.
- Experience working on Splunk Environments and Clustered Splunk Environments on Linux and Windows operating systems.