- A determined, solution oriented and hardworking professional with 5 years’ experience as a UNIX/LINUX System Administrator in particular and more than 10 years of experience as an Information Technology professional in general.
- Extensive Problem Solving experience around resolving Hardware and Software related issues
- In depth knowledge of Red Hat Linux Operating System.
- Highly proficient in Unix & Linux Administration that includes
- Users & Access Rights Management.
- Unix/Linux and Windows Operation System Installations.
- Proactively maintaining and developing all Unix/Linux infrastructure technology.
- Space Management on Unix & Linux
- Disk Mount & Un - mount.
- Directories and files cleanup.
- Defining roll-off policies and performing roll-offs.
- File compression (Tar & GZIP).
- Creating & Managing directories.
- Proactively monitoring system performance and capacity planning.
- Fault finding and analysis of logging information for reporting of performance exceptions.
- Backup & Restore of Unix & Linux Systems.
- Managing, coordinating and implementing software upgrades, patches and hot fixes on Unix/Linux Servers.
- Creating and modifying scripts or applications to perform tasks
- Provide support for the Production Environments and non-production Unix Environments
- Respond to all Incident and Service Requests
- Create and deploy Operating System patches and patching bundles for all UNIX Operating OS
- Configuring and managing periodic system backups
- Administration of Physical & Logical server Partitions(LPAR)
- Carry out scheduled server maintenance / reboot activities
- Liaise with Third party providers/Vendors and track and close issues raised with them in case of troubleshooting that involves third party teams
- Logical / physical Partition management for different UNIX platforms
- Participating in capacity planning
- Unix & Linux Security Management.
- Performance tuning and Optimization to ensure high availability of infrastructure.
- Maintain best practices on managing systems and services across all environments.
- Strong Problem solving and Communication skills.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Experienced with Linux Servers in Virtualized Environments.
- Hands on experience on setting up VMWare.
- Familiarity with load balancing firewalls, etc.
- Design and develop Infrastructure Monitoring and Reporting tools.
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP and SNMP.
- Effectively managed SLAs and OLAs on various accounts.
- Good knowledge around Windows 8 and 16 Server Administration.
- Good Knowledge around Windows NT Administration.
- Desktop support that includes
- Operating System installation.
- Troubleshooting of issues on Servers and workstations.
- Hardware Replacement & Maintenance.
- Provided Level 1, 2 & 3 technical supports in mixed Linux (SUSE, Red Hat and Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Advanced Server, CentOS), UNIX (Solaris, FreeBSD, AIX, HP-UX, Open Server) & Windows based environments.
- Extensively involved in the installation, patching and upgrading of Oracle Database, Oracle Applications and UNIX and Linux Operating Systems.
- Actively Monitored Production Systems and proactively identify and resolve issues/problems related to System Space, System performance, Access rights, User connections, Network Performance, Server Security and System resource utilization (CPU, Memory and Disk Operations).
- Developed and automated validation checks to identify the discrepancies in the system, to assess the risks, and to implement solutions by adhering with Enterprise Security Standards.
- Performed supporting tasks that are included, but not limited to code deployment, managing source control systems, virtual servers, scripting, etc.
- Involved in developing and overseeing the backup, replication, clustering and fail over strategies.
- Extensively interacted and worked with Service management process like incident management, Service request management, change management, problem management, knowledge management and Release management.
- Extensively worked on Service management tools like Service Now and ITSM.
- Involved in various hardware and software acquisitions and implementations.
- Provided support in fundamental technologies such as DNS, SFTP and FTP, SMTP, SNMP, LDAP, SSL, SSH, TCP, UDP, IP, RAID and DHCP.
- Involved in development of interfaces between various Linux, UNIX and Windows Systems.
- Assisted in (Linux) Centos and Window Servers 2008 & 2016, Active Directory, VOIP, Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus Server, Backup Execution Software, Cat-5 cabling, CCTV camera installation.
- Created, changed, and deleted user accounts and setting up and maintaining desktops per Request, setup email account.
- System logs monitoring and issue identification and resolution.
- Provided day-to-day technical support and troubleshooting for users employing PC laptops and desktops.
- Identified and drove continual improvement program on Linux & UNIX environments and improve the service efficiency.
- Worked closely with other IT departments and team to help determine and develop systems that would be implemented.
- Worked with developers and Quality Assurance teams to seamlessly migrate applications from Development to QA to Production systems.
- Developed and maintained cooperative and collaborative relationship with Networking, Storage, Software Development and Project management teams.
- Remote administration of Linux Servers using SSH, VNC viewer.