- Highly experienced software professional dedicated for automation and optimization. Have been delivering Applications to customers with no downtime by understanding and managing the space between Development and Operations teams as DevOps Engineer, AWS Cloud Engineer.
- Experience with Source Code Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT/ GITHUB and knowledge on source control concepts like Branching, merging, tagging, labels.
- Experience with cloud related services like Amazon Web Services (AWS) and good understanding knowledge on other cloud providers like Google Cloud.
- Experience with Provisioning Infrastructure in AWS using Terraform to provision VPC, Subnets, Load Balancers, EC2 and other Services provided by AWS.
- Configuration and maintenance of Jenkins/Bamboo to implement the CI process and integration of various tools like GIT, ANT, Maven, Sonar, and various other plugins.
- Creating Jenkins pipelines which helps to drive all micro service builds out to the Docker registry and managed Clusters and containerized applications by working on Kubernetes applications as Pods.
- Experienced in Writing Chef cookbooks and Recipes to automate our deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Experience in developing the Playbooks in Ansible integrating them to the Source code repository and deploying them onto the servers to reduce the downtime.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and debugging web application issues, Generate and analyze metrics for site performance and availability using Nagios, CloudWatch.
- Good Understanding of microservices and hands on experience on containerization tools such as Docker with creating images, building containers from them and deploying them to Hybrid Infrastructure On - Premise and Cloud .
- Implemented build stage to build the microservices and push the docker container image to the private/public docker registry.
- Extensive experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining, implementation, and support on Red hat Linux, CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Strong Programming Skills in designing and implementation of multi-tier applications using J2EE, Maven, HTML, and scripting experience with python, shell, Groovy.
- Experience in working under Agile Scrum methodologies and using JIRA for task management, issue and bug tracking and Fast adaptation in learning new technologies.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, reliable as a team player with excellent business application support, good interpersonal skills and learning ability.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat & CentOS).
Containerization & Cluster Management: Docker, Kubernetes.
Version Controlling Tools: GitHub, SVN (Subversion).
Web/Application Servers: Apache Tomcat.
Build/CI Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Maven.
Configuration Management: Chef, Ansible.
Monitoring, Log Analyzing & Testing: Nagios, Splunk, Junit, Selenium.
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services (AWS), GCP.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Python.
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++.
Confidential, Middletown, NJ
- Providing database production tier-4 support through our client's standards and processes including route cause analysis, version control, security patch management, upgrade certification, database backup/recovery and comply with ASPR baseline requirements.
- Responsible in writing Python scripts to access databases Postgres and MariaDB to list out userids, to confirm that only authorized accounts are entered in the database.
- Experience in Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Hardening/monitoring the scripts to perform periodic review jobs to validate database account.
- Written/modified Scripts to connect to MongoDB user and monitoring health checks of the database server and checking error log or event log for database errors.
- Automated as quality gates in CI/CD pipelines for validating the userid in PostgreSQL and MariaDB with provided testing tools like Tempest, Jenkins and created Docker images using Docker files and experienced with Docker container service.
- Created Kubernetes cluster with objects like Pods, Deployments, Services and ConfigMaps and created reproducible builds of the Cloud Databases. Managed Kubernetes manifest files and Helm packages to test the PostgreSQL and MariaDB Security checks.
- Experience with OpenStack Services such as Compute, Network, Storage, Horizon Dashboard, Image, Identity, Monitoring, and Orchestration Service.
- Experience in using Horizon and also OpenStack CLI to interact with OpenStack Services like Nova, Neutron and Keystone
Environment: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Python, Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, Linux, Shell Scripting, Docker, Kubernetes, Open stack
Confidential, Piscataway, NJ
- Working with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/ continuous delivery (CI/CD) product in an open source environment with AWS Cloud Services.
- Good understanding of microservices architecture and supporting developer to Implemented continuous delivery pipeline using Jenkins and Docker and make sure successful deployment with Kubernetes.
- Integrate GIT into Jenkins enabling quality checks and triggers to automate the code check-out process.
- Creating Jenkins pipelines which helps to drive all micro service builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes.
- Working on Docker to create images and containerize the application build, by writing Dockerfile to customize Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images to the Docker repository/registry.
- Custom Jenkins jobs/pipelines containing scripts to build docker images and integration with various plugins to push builds/images to artifactory/registry.
- Experience in spinning Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Used Splunk to maintain logfiles or indexes which relates to real time data in search repository and to maintain the information about the state of the machine or software.
- Deployed and configured JIIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration.
- Installed and configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes
Environment: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Chef, Selenium, Junit, AWS, CloudWatch, JIIRA, Splunk, Python, Shell, JAVA/J2EE
- Working on node.js application which runs as a separate service in its own container (microservices) with various AWS services like EC2, VPC, ELB, ECS, ECR and Cloud Formation.
- Managing AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Docker.
- Working with different teams to move physical monolith application into Microservices (AWS) using build infrastructure tools like Cloud Formation.
- Used ELB and Autoscaling for load balancing and scaling EC2 instances up/down based on Network Traffic and migrated the website domain to Route 53 by setting up DNS forwarding from the instances/servers to organization network.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Created snapshots and Amazon Machine Images (AMI) of the instance for backup and created access Management (IAM) policies for delegated administration within AWS
- Automated the infrastructure using cloud formation and making it auditable by storing all the infrastructure changes in a version control system like GIT
- Managed Applications/Services/Packages using node.js application on AWS services like EC2 & ELB with Ansible playbooks.
- Deployed and installed new servers and their appropriate services for various applications in Linux
Environment: AWS (EC2, ELB, VPC, ECS, ECR), Docker, GitHub, Ansible, Node.js, Linux
- Performed day-to-day administration tasks like User Management, Space Monitoring, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, alert log monitoring and backup monitoring.
- Written Chef recipes to install and configure Nagios, Splunk monitoring tool for monitoring the server/app status, disk space issues, and log parsing.
- Automation of system management, design, and deployment tasks using various automation frameworks including Chef, Ruby, Bash and others.
- Replaced ELK (Elastic Search, Log stash, and Kibana) Stack with Splunk logging and analytics increasing data capture capacity and complexity for Application Logging.
- Used Chef to Setup/teardown of ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Log stash, Kibana) and troubleshoot the build issues with ELK and work towards the solution.
- Created Regular Expressions for Field Extractions and Field Transformations in Splunk
- Created Dashboards and Reports to show Login count of each application, to show which app resources being accessed more, Number of failed logins, statistics on High hitting applications
Environment: Nagios, Chef DK, ELK, Splunk, SVN, Linux, Shell, Python
Jr. Software Developer
- Involved in the analysis, design, and development and testing phases of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Designed and implemented the J2EE with MySQL in Eclipse IDE.
- Implemented the web-based application following the Spring MVC architecture using Spring Framework.
- Providing a framework for mapping object-oriented domain model to a traditional relational database using JDBC template framework.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule builds.
- Deployed and tested the application on Tomcat 7 and WebLogic application server.
Environment: Java/J2EE (JSP, Servlet), Spring MVC, MySQL, JDBC, Tomcat 7, WebLogic, Jenkins