- Over 9+ years of extensive experience in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on cloud environments and Data centers. Experience in the areas of Devops with AWS, CI/CD Pipeline, Build and release management and Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, SNS, SQS, ELB, Autoscaling, CloudFront, CloudFormation, ElacticCache, CloudWatch.
- Self - starter with an in-depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS cloud-specific and OpenStack technologies.
- Implemented multiple CI/CD pipelines as part of DevOps role for on-premises and cloud-based software using Jenkins, Chef, Docker and AWS.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning and good knowledge of AWS services like EC2, S3, Route 53, CloudFormation, Elastic Bean Stalk, VPC, EBS etc., Knowledge of application deployment and data migration on AWS.
- Proficient in writing AWS Cloud Formation templates (CFT) to create custom VPC'S, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB's and Security groups using JSON templates.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization. Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Kubernetes is being used to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Have a good experience in writing many ad-hoc scripts using different languages like Python, Ruby and Shell based scripting.
- Experience working with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installing Workstation, Bootstrapping Nodes.
- Written Recipes and Cookbooks and uploading them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Experience writing Ansible playbooks to deploy automated tasks to multiple servers using Python, Managing Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and written Ansible Scripts to assist Dev servers.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war and ear) from source code.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using Source Code Management tools like SVN, GIT and CVS.
- Experience on monitoring tools such as Splunk and Nagios, used Cloud Watch to monitor AWS infrastructure, and used to analyze and monitor the data.
- Extensively worked with change tracking tools like Remedy, JIRA and used these for tracking, reporting and managing bugs.
- Worked with Build and Release automation framework designing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Build and Release Planning, Procedures, scripting and automation.
- Executed a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI’s, results in generating of new Docker container whenever a new GitHub branch get started.
- Expert in deploying the code through web application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
- Complete knowledge of GCP standards and regulations.
- Linux System Administrator working on server-based operating system kernel configurations on RedHat, Centos7, Ubuntu, kernel Parameter & Tuning, Trouble Shooting System & Performance Issues.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have the ability to work either independently with a little supervision or as a member of a team.
- Create clusters in Google Cloud and manage the clusters using Kubernetes(k8s). Using Jenkins to deploy code to Google Cloud, create new namespaces, creating docker images and pushing them to container registry of Google Cloud.
- Experience in installation and management of network related services like TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, LOAD BALANCING, VPN, FIREWALL, SUBNETS, SMTP.
Operating Systems: Puppet 3.x,4.x, Chef v12,v11, Ansible, GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, Docker, DC/OS, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, NetApp Data ONTAP 7x-8x 7-mode, NetApp Data ONTAP 8.1 CDOT, Windows Server 2003/2008, VMware - vSphere, Linux (RHCE), Cisco MDS 9513/09/06/9216 , Linux (Red Hat4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, CentOS, SUSE),IBM-AIX 5.1/5.2/5.3/6.1 , Ubuntu 14.x, Sun Solaris2.6/7/8 Windows 2000/NT4.0, Windows 95/98/ME/XP/2003
Cloud Platform: AWS, Confidential Azure, and Open stack
Configuration Management tools: Chef, puppet, Maven, Ansible, Docker
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Code Deploy.
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub
Code deploy: Web Servers Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere.
Languages/Scripts: Java, Shell, PHP, Python, Ruby.
Public cloud: AWS
Scripting languages: PowerShell, bash, Scala, python.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect: NetApp Certified Data Administrator Clustered Data ONTAP (NCDA)
Netapp Cluster Data ONTAP Administrator: Netapp Custer Data ONTAP Data Protection Administrator EMC VMAX, VNX, Isilon Red hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Cloud / Devops Service specialist
Confidential, Redmond, WA
- Designed, built, and deployed a multitude application utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, and IAM), by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Defined and managed a well-defined project management process, scheduling and ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management.
- Implemented Migration from VMWARE to AWS using VMDK Import tools.
- Responsible for building AWS infrastructure VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Auto scaling and RDS in cloud formation using JSON templates.
- Collaborating continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Configuring CI/CD tools using Blue - Green deployment methodology.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker Machine, Docker Swarm and Docker Registry.
- Designed and developed Power BI graphical and visualization solutions with business requirement documents and plans for creating interactive dashboards.
- Utilized Power BI (Power View) to create various analytical dashboards that depicts critical KPIs such as legal case matter, billing hours and case proceedings along with slicers and dicers enabling end-user to make filters.
- Utilized Kubernetes to integrate with docker container for creating pods, configmaps, deployments.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Involved experience working AWS command line client and management console to interact with AWS resources and APIs.
- Involved in configuring and integrating the servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and creating new machines using Chef.
- Setup Alerting and monitoring using Stackdriver in GCP.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Implemented Chef best-practices and introduced Test Kitchen to facilitate a more natural cookbook development work flow.
- Configured Jenkins pipeline jobs and templatized workflows to improve reusability for building pipelines.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Chef.
- Automated deployments of various Java/J2EE web application on QA and PROD environments for different applications
- Responsible for supporting and troubleshooting AWS Pipeline deployments
- Experience in administering Webserver Apache and Application server JBoss
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant's build.xml.
- Installing the applications on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets using Bootstrap Scripts.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring server’s performance, CPU utilization and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS CloudWatch.
- Experience working with SonarQube for code quality control tool.
- Configured cloud bees Jenkins plugins for pushing Artifact, Log parser, build timeout plugins and Implemented groove-based templates for Jenkins jobs.
- Made automated python script to run every quarterly to update the Ami security patches.
- Supports weekly on call for troubleshooting application after hour issues.
- Designed AWS cloud formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of web applications and database templates.
- Developed Splunk queries and Splunk dashboards target for understanding applications performance and capacity analysis.
- Installed, tested and deployed monitoring solutions with Splunk for log analyzing and improving the performance of servers.
Environment: AWS, EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, IAM, VPC, EBS, VMWare, Auto scaling, GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Apache, JBoss, ANT, Shell, Json, CloudWatch, SonarQube, JUnit, Python, NAT, Splunk.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in development and implementation one of the complicated and vast on-premises data warehouse project to Amazon Web Services.
- Implemented a continuous deployment (CD) pipeline involving Jenkins, Chef to complete the automation from commit to deployment.
- Used to write an install script in Ruby using all of the extra helper functions from Chef.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process using Maven.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Used Chef Cookbooks, recipes, roles, data bags, run list to deploy web applications, applications server and vendor applications.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration, converting production support scripts to Chef Recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Worked with various components of Chef including Chef Server, workstations, Nodes, configurations of chef-client and writing recipes for Chef and assigning roles to nodes.
- Worked on Chef for IaaS configuration by writing cookbooks and recipes to automate the actions for virtual and remote resources and nodes.
- Designing and implementing Continuous Integration system: configuring Jenkins servers, nodes, creating required Python scripts as well as bash scripts to create/configure Linux VMs.
- Implementing a Continuous delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Converted numerous existing Java projects to a single deployment method using ECS Docker Containers.
- Experience in mitigating the configuration requirements in future by adopting Docker and modern Chef based concepts and allowing operations to function like PAAS (Platform as a Service).
- Implemented Docker containers and created clients respective Docker images and leveraged Apache Mesos to manage Cluster hosts for Applications
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for various applications
- Integrated the Docker containerized applications to get them functional and working.
- Utilize EBS to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots.
- Configured the Chef-Client to run automatically and monitored the continuous integration flow.
- Wrote Lambda functions in python for AWS’s Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins. Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto updates.
- Implemented the alert setup system for system/application performance using the Splunk.
- Dealt with various merging conflicts and pushes appropriate code into GitHub repository.
- Administered Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration to automate application packaging and deployments.
- Performed application server builds in EC2 environment and monitoring them using CloudWatch.
- Creating VPC and bringing instances within based on the requirement.
- Creating public and private subnets within the VPC and attaching them to the EC2 instances based on the requirement.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate them with the networks.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Chef, Puppet. Familiar with build server orchestration.
- Experience in working with Modules, Classes, and Manifests in Puppet.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
- Extensively worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Shell and Python.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
Environment: Chef, ChefDk, Chef v12, Puppet3.x,4.x, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, GIT, GITHUB, SVN, Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Splunk 6.x, Red Hat Linux 6.x, 7.x, CentOS, AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, GIT, version Control, Kubernetes, EBS, IAM, MYSQL, SQL, No SQL, ELB, Cloud watch, JIRA, Web servers (Apache, WebLogic, WebShpere), Bamboo, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Python, Ruby, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Redshift.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Technical specialist providing support for Netapp 7 Mode, Cluster mode filer & EMC VNX, Isilon storage.
- Working on P1 and escalated user incident to meet the SLA’s.
- Planning and Performing upgrades from 7 mode 32-bit Ontap versions to 8 .0 64-bit Ontap.
- Configuring and installing Cluster mode 9.X Ontapp on the filers
- Creating aggregate and raid groups to utilize the max disk capacity and best performance.
- Working with the network team to get the IPs, vlan details to configure the interface groups, VLANs, Lifs, IPspace.
- Creating routes tables and configuring the protocols NFS, Cifs, FC and ISCSI for SVMs.
- Provided on C-mode, VNx and Isilon for the L1 resources to support daily activities.
- Designing the data protection polices based on RTO, RPO of the customer and accordingly configuring the snapshot, snapmirror policies.
- Performed Disaster recovery activity and successfully restored storage resources required to bring the various application back online from DR site.
- Configured command performance manager 7.1, unified managed 7.3, worked on NetApp OnCommand Insight (OCI) 7.2 Suite for reporting and Business Intelligence.
- Automated daily health check and snapshot reports on netapp cluster using PowerShell
- Worked on WFA to automate the volume, qtree provision for Esxi hosts.
- Created SOP for standardizing the name convention of volume, qtree and luns
- Worked on user restore request for files and folder from snapshots.
- Worked on performance issue and identifying various bottleneck cause the issue.
- Performing Disaster recovery activity and configuring snapmirror & scheduling replication for DR.
- Very good understanding of Isilon and NetApp hardware architecture and its different tools from various vendors EMC Isilon - SmartConnect, Smart Fail, SmartPools/Zones, SyncIQ, SmartQuota, SnapShotIQ, SmartLock, InsightIQ and NetApp - SnapMirror, SnapVault, Oncommand Manager, OnCommand Insight.
- Knowledge on SyncIQ, SnapshotIQ, SmartQuota, SmartLock, SmartConnect, Subnets and pool configuration.
- Accurately diagnoses and resolves SMB and Windows client/customer issues involving EMC Isilon NAS Enterprise Storage.
- Performed Isilon upgrade from Onefs 7.1 to 8.1 and troubleshooting hardware issues.
- Working knowledge on Isilon S, NL and X Series Nodes, OneFS, SyncIQ, SnapshotIQ and SmartQuotas
- Worked on reclaiming storage space and troubleshooting space related issues.
- Implementation and administration of de-duplication (SIS) to achieve space savings
- Installation, configuration, Administration Virtual Center Server, VMware View, Disaster, vMotion, P2V, P2P, V2V.
- Creating and Deploying of Virtual Machines from Templates and creating Snapshots and Cloning of Virtual Machines.
- Extensively worked on Cisco zoning, port-channel in Cisco MDS switches.
- Configure and manage Virtual Data Mover (VDM) and creating CIFS share and NFS mounts in VNX file
- Experienced in implementing FAST-DP and FAST-VP in VMAX 20k/10k and FAST in VNX and configuring Fast Cache on VNX
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Used IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Design EC2 instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters.
- Setting up Auto scaling of the instance group using AWS command line tools and AWS cloud environment for Dev/QA environments.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS.
- Created, deleted and managed user accounts used to interact with AWS and setup their ACLs with Amazon IAM.
- Coordinate with other departments to setup health checks and monitors for high availability of cloud services.
- Defined security group rules for control plane services to secure the control plane network.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Skilled in creating alarms in Cloud watch, service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. and in other AWS features such as EBS, AMI, Cloud Front, IAM, and S3.
Environment: Ontap, C-mode,7-mode Isilon, WFA, NFS, CIFS, FC, SAN, VNX, Vmax, Cisco MDS, AWS.
- Performed installation, configuration, upgrades, Package administration and support for Linux Systems on client side using Red hat satellite network server.
- Worked on RedHat Linux installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment. Performed automated installations of Operating Systems using kickstart for Linux.
- Package management using RPM, YUM and Update in RedHat Linux Installation and configuration from scratch and regular monitoring.
- Expertise in administration of VMware Workstation, ESX/ESXi servers, VMware vSphere and Windows Servers 2008/ 2008R R2. Worked on Windows Server Backup Tool, OS migration for DB, Migrated OS 2008 to Windows Server 2012.
- Experience in Storage provisioning, monitoring and troubleshooting EMC VNX, Isilon & Dell MD3.
- Disaster Recovery Planning and Implementation - configured and implemented a disaster recovery solution between multiple data centers utilizing NetApp SAN and NAS for both 7-mode and Cluster Mode.
- Experience with Cisco enterprise director switches like MDS 9513/9509/9506.
- Scheduled users to perform High Performance Computing activities on the Linux cluster.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User and File system quota on Linux servers.
- Worked on Kernel tuning and Kernel patching.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts.
- Managed Disk using LVM, resized disk space when required. Managed disk space from NetApp filers
- Setup NTP server and synchronized clients with NTP server.
- Troubleshoot application problems by diagnosing issues.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems, Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities.
- Monitored overall system performance, performed user management, system updates and disk & storage management.
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
- Setup SSH password less login in Open SSH.
- Network installation via centralized yum server for client package update.
- Experience in using various network protocols like HTTP, UDP, FTP, and TCP/IP.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Experienced in RedHat Linux package administration using YUM configuration like assigning IP addresses.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Shell-Scripting, LVM, Windows, RPM, YUM, NFS, LVM, HTTP, FTP.