- Service Delivery Manager with 30+ years of experience in leading IT operations and projects with different organizations. Posses an extensive breadth of knowledge of various IT products and technologies.
- Developed and led transformation projects, strategy sessions, gathering business & technical requirements, design, architecture, planning and full global implementation experience.
- Developed & defined standards around the use of various technologies, mentored and worked with teammates to help them outline a clear and concise career paths, engaged with team to help them deploy, developed and implemented enterprise monitoring tools, DR strategies, IT productivity enhancements and cost improvements in line with organizational objectives.
- Experienced Service Delivery Manager with all aspects of ITSM including but not limited to change & configuration management, and technical project manager leading teams of engineers to successful project completion within established timelines. Capturing all documentation including as built, configuration management, test plans & results, process changes as required, lessons learned and other project artifacts.
- Manage Department budgets, always focused on reducing CAPEX and OPEX on steady - state technologies & projects.
- Deliver results on time, provide clear communication to senior management on operational and situational events that impact the business.
- Worked on debugging tools and process changes.
- Held roles of operations support, implementor, PMO Support, Implementation support of Layers 1-7, bid team, sales support.
- Documented SLA & KPI for the performance of POC work & operations.
- Supported for both internal and external customers .
- Often a member of DR team first responders and critical operational staff.
ROLES OR EXPERIENCE HELD OVER MY CAREER:
- IT Architecture & Management
- Project Management
- Metrics/Performance Monitoring
- Solution Planning & Execution
- IT incident management
- Change/Configuration Management
- Management of Staff and Contractors
- Server Support (Wintel, Linux)
- Patch Management
- Network Infrastructure Design
- ITIL / Agile Experience
- KPI/SLA monitoring and reporting
- Azure & AWS
- Router management
- Next-Gen Firewalls
- Database Management
- Router & Switch Tools
- CI/CD experience
- Problem Analysis/Resolution
- Software Distribution
- Image Creation / Management
- Domain Expertise & Solutions
- Datacenter Management
- Configuration/Asset management
Network Services Manager
- Manager of the Networking Services team reporting directly to the CIO.
- Provide focused leadership to the Engineering and Confidential staff.
- Supervise work for the managed services provided to the colleges.
- Expertly direct the work of the information technology staff, contractors and interns on network driven work.
- Develop and enforce networking standards for staff and contracted vendors.
- Develop solution documents for the service desk to improve first call resolution.
- Responsible for the recruitment, interviewing, and the supervision of Confidential networking services team members.
- Provide feedback and guidance to ensure that team members are meeting their yearly performance and growth objectives for Confidential .
- Bridge the gap between technical resources and colleges under the Confidential umbrella where requests would often go unanswered.
- Review, prioritize and manage all projects where networking services were required to ensure project success and campus cohesion.
- Provide project guidance based on metrics and procured data for the basis of senior management decisions.
- Establish methodologies to measure the performance of the Confidential network and infrastructure with a focus on identifying operating costs or productivity improvements.
- Review and supervise Confidential network projects impacting the department budget for a CAPEX & OPEX investment recovery.
- Developed a more concise chargeback model for the CIO.
- Work directly with the CIO and the other enterprise Management teams to create and maintain Confidential IT Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Develop a roadmap for the networking infrastructure and how these changes could impact Confidential ’s ten-year plan.
Senior Network Engineer
- Proven ability to keep work streams moving along for fast resolution of issues, calm voice amongst the chaos, providing senior management with incident status as we progressed towards resolution — gatekeeper for business processes for ITIL and federal compliance.
- Worked closely with peers to develop a new business process around the tools Capital One uses to manage and alert teams of incident escalations and communications.
- Worked several high severity incidents, where past incidents helped me guide the team to a timely resolution resulting in cost saving in the tens of thousands of dollars or additional cost avoidance.
Information Technology Manager
- Oversaw and delivered the information technology transformation project .
- Worked directly with the vendors to migrate server and network infrastructure to common platforms across five different geographical locations including the small regional airport.
- Projects included: Microsoft 2012 Datacenter upgrade leveraging a newly built HP server farm and Microsoft Azure.
- Upgrade to the Cisco Network Infrastructure both wired and wireless, Microsoft Windows 7 to 10 including new workstations, VOIP transformation, upgrade to the companies virtual and physical security solutions.
- Worked directly with CEO and CFO on all IT related projects across all business units. Directed teams to achieve corporate objectives while lowering costs. Drive all towers to deliver consistent solutions and better end-user experience.
- Responsible for financial tracking of projects ensuring no cost overruns .
- Transformation of aging server and network infrastructure to the highly reliable and redundant environment to support the manufacturing and business offices environment.
- Defined IT SOPs, reporting, and defined hardware profiles to ensure consistency across all environments/locations.
Technical SME/Service Delivery Manager
- Managed the desktop services team tasked managing the entire Confidential environment.
- Duties included desktop management, software delivery, application packaging, patch management, desktop image creation, with Microsoft SCCM 2012.
- Responsible for providing solutions to the 3 rd level support team for better first call resolution for all desktop related services .
- Coordinated meetings with American Red Cross management as well as Confidential management.
- Held meeting with my team to review and address any open or closed incidents for the previous two weeks.
- Discussed lessons learned, and updated processes as needed for desktop management.
- Maintained a SharePoint portal for metrics reporting for Confidential and Confidential, updated our problem management documentation and strategy to drive down cost and better customer experience.
- Attended weekly meetings with senior management to review metrics, report any significant changes that could impact our ability to deliver and meet our SLA’s and KPI’s.
- Drives team performance for customer SLA & KPIs . Managed team of eight engineers supporting this customer. Had a team of remote engineers who provided application life cycle management and we develop a CI/CD methodology which allowed us to greatly reduce the time to have in house applications delivered to the end users.
- Responsible for financial tracking for my team tasked with ensuring no cost overruns, low performance of engineers to keep our costs on this account. Worked within the HP-ITSM framework to identify any requests from the customer which was out of scope and result in a change orders provided to the customer. Customer approval was required and change order signed before any work being performed .
- Successfully reduced operational costs for this account by reducing scope creep. Delivered a majority of projects on time and at the estimated costs .