- A results oriented Netcool OSS architect with 15+ years of solid technical, pre - sales and product management experience.
- Designed, developed and deployed service assurance OSS projects involving IBM Tivoli Netcool Omnibus and GFP-Mobility.
- Took ownership and responsibility for entire product life cycle from conceptualization to end-of-life.
- Hands on Network Management architecture and development experience.
- Developed and tested rules file for various SNMP and TL1 Probes related to Cisco, Fujitsu, Tellabs, Ericsson and Alcatel SAM 5620 EMS.
- Strong experience with SNMP, TL1 socket programming for various probes.
- Strong experience working on LTE network architecture and cell site backhaul implementation using microwave and small cells.
- AGILE/SCRUM and Waterfall SDLC background.
- Experience using ReqPro and JIRA for requirements management lifecycle management.
- Architected and upgraded Netcool Object servers, Process Agent configuration files and Impact policies.
- Developed solutions strategy and implemented testing of new features and enhancements.
- Experience with software applications focused on network services and connectivity such as network management platforms (FCAPS), provisioning systems, performance/SLA software, network management applications.
- Responsible for optimizing, upgrading, installing and maintaining fault management . infrastructure - Impact, Omnibus, Gateways and Probes.
- Experience in implementation and integration with third party applications.
- Installed and configured oracle gateway to archive historical alerts and setup reporting for internal and external teams.
- Participated in estimating proposals and preparing SOWs based on requirements analysis.
- Experience working on Confidential & Confidential service assurance projects related to rollout of LTE in national markets
- Excellent team player with positive attitude, ability to lead, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Developed solutions strategy.
- Experience in database using Oracle SQL and relational database schemas
- Serve as a technical resource for business teams to help define, estimate, and propose solutions for business opportunities.
Netcool Engineer - NOC Operations Support
Tools: /Products: IBM Tivoli Netcool Omnibus 8.1, Probes, Gateways, JAZZ/WebGUI, Netcool/Impact
- Involved with Logical design document for object server design, gateway design and probe design.
- Created custom temporal triggers that in effect replaced the critical infrastructure poller policies in Impact to clear alarms from event viewer based on ticket status of closed, resolved or cancelled in Remedy thereby performing the same closeout actions for events.
- Involved with Production Infrastructure deployment related to builds for Object server, Impact cluster, WebGUI cluster and Gateway cluster .
- Validated connectivity testing between probe servers and collection object servers and aggregation object servers.
- Fine tuned database queries in Impact to update alerts status and made enhancements in Impact for XinY Event enrichment policies.
- AEL configuration, creating filters, WebGUI, Views, Event Lists, Ticketing - Remedy
- Made updates to triggers for Netcool events Purging policy for Global reaper and Cleared problem events.
- Delivered requirements analysis and solutions using Agile environment in JIRA and Confluence.
- Updated code base for rules using GitHub and Subversion.
Sr Netcool Developer
Tools: /Products: IBM Tivoli Netcool Omnibus 8.1, Probes, Gateways, Proxy Servers, JAZZ/WebGUI, Netcool/Impact, 5ESS, TL1, EagleSTP, Nortel EAI, STDIN, Socket Probe, Ping Probe, Nortel PDS, Nortel DMS 100 Probes.
- Managed team of engineers Confidential both onsite and offshore for migration of 23K devices from legacy UGEV network into Netcool.
- Netcool developer and subject matter expert responsible for overall deliverable of high level design (HLD) and system requirements (SRD) for UGEV-Netcool migration project.
- Defined end-to-end architecture, gave high level presentation and consulted with Windstream stakeholders.
- Conducted workshops to close the gaps in requirement and business processes.
- Conducted technical reviews and steered direction from technical perspective.
- Analyzed, configured, customized and coded rules files for MTTrapd probe and included in NCKL.
- Installed and configured Netcool Knowledge library (NcKL) on primary and secondary collection object servers.
- Installed and configured Netcool Omnibus Object server, Probes, Gateways, Process Agent and Impact.
- Developed and configured process agent for Tekelec Eagle STP, Ping probe, 5ESS, Nortel DMS 100 and Nortel PDS Snyder probe.
- Assisted UAT users with user acceptance testing for delivered solutions and handed off LLD documents for implementation.
- Provided technical and operational support to customers related to production issues.
- AEL configuration, creating filters, WebGUI, Views, Event Lists, Ticketing - Remedy
- Delivered solutions in fast paced Agile environment using JIRA.
- Collected technical details about integration tools and utilities required for development.
- Understood and collected customer’s infrastructure details.
Sr. Software Engineer - Netcool
Tools: /Products: IBM Tivoli Netcool Omnibus 7.4, Probes, Gateways, Proxy Servers, Impact, WebGUI TL1, MTTrapd probe, Ping Probe, NCKL 2.0
- Developed and tested rules file for TL1 probe supporting alarms from Lucent 5ESS, Cisco 15454, Tellabs Titan 5500, Confidential Metro DWDM.
- Assisted in overall migration effo for California, Texas and Florida markets for supporting monitoring using SNMP, TL1 and vendor probes.
- Alarms load management using automation triggers for generic clear and deduplication functionality
- Alarm correlation and enrichment using Impact 5.1 and 6.1.
- Responsible for optimizing, upgrading, installing and maintaining Netcool infrastructure - Impact 5.1 and 6.1, IBM Tivoli Netcool Omnibus 7.4 and 8.1, Gateways and Probes.
- Created process to automate probe rules file creation, syntax checking, deployment and version control.
- Fault alarms management requirement analysis, solution design, implementation, configuration and customization, patching and fix.
- Overall development and management of Netcool Omnibus and implementing necessary changes in Object Server, Probes, Rules files, Gateways.
- Enriching the events with information from inventory databases.
- Experience working on Perl and Python scripts to extract unique IPs and nodes from probe.
- AEL configuration, creating filters, WebGUI, Views, Event Lists, Ticketing - Remedy.
- Developed reports using IBM Cognos based on alarms from various Agents and Manager fields in Netcool.
Netcool/GFP-M OSS Developer and Architect
- Implemented inventory and service assurance business processes related to mobility network elements on 4G LTE network for GFP-Mobility and IBM Tivoli Netcool product suite within Confidential &T.
- Analyzed HLD, SR and BR documents related to OSS Planning and Engineering for LTE Service Assurance projects related to GFP-Mobility.
- Created custom enrichment policies and forward alarm policies related to alarm forwarding and correlation.
- Responsible for optimizing, upgrading, installing and maintaining Omnibus, Gateways and Probes.
- Created process to automate probe rules file creation, syntax checking, deployment and version control
- Collect/receive LTE NE alarms and Display alarms with key attributes, provide viewer capabilities to customize and/or filter specific alarms/attributes spanning across selective users.
- Did data modeling and data architecture of various lookup tables for event enrichment based on equipment type, location, service type.
- Identified necessary changes on Netcool probe rules.
- Created custom Correlation and Enrichment policies using Impact Operator views.
- Created Equipment-In-Maintenance (EIM) policies using Impact.
- Implemented various automations and triggers for deduplication and delete clears.
- Installed and maintained rules files for various probes including MTTRAPD, Alcatel, Ericsson OSS RC
- Shell programming for alarm replay scripts.
- Implemented fault management and performance management solutions for LTE Network with deep understanding of interfaces between inventory, fault management and ticketing systems.
- Performed location and network topology-based alarm correlations for eNodeB, MME’s, HSS’s, SIAD, MSN, PCRF and SGW’s for S1c-MME, S1u-MME, S5, S6a and S11 logical connections.
- Well versed with LTE architecture and protocol structure for S1c and X2 interface for inter-cell and intra-cell handover.
- Performed additional duties such as writing and developing test plans, test strategies and process flows and performed software installations for code drops.
- Reported defects using HP Quality Center and performed configuration and maintenance of the test environments.
- Involved in end-to-end integration of mobility service assurance projects and assessing impacts with downstream systems related to rules based processes and trouble ticketing
- Created, documented and executed test strategy and functioned as end-to-end coordinator for high priority LTE Program.
- Experience working on microwave backhaul and Ethernet virtual backhaul circuits on LTE architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of wireless technologies and protocols and provided Industry standard best practices solutions.
Sr. Systems Test Engineer
- Worked as an Integration Engineer, Solutions Architect with Project Management responsibilities on a major FTTP (Fiber-to-the-Premise) project involving the Confidential iVAPP (Integrated Confidential Advanced Provisioning Platform) software for delivery of triple play services for voice, video and data.
- Integrated various enhancements and change controls (CCs) into iVAPP provisioning system
- Completed Requirements and Integration Testing for BAAIS Video Next Generation Inter-office Provisioning platform for the Long Haul and Medium Haul Video FTTP Network
- Hands on involvement related to Cisco 15454, Tellabs 7100 and Fujitsu 9500 transport network elements for ROADM functionality
- Developed test plans and scripts from functional and business specifications for each release
- Planned tests, and reported the results of manual and automated testing
- Identified and documented software faults and interacted with development team to isolate and resolve testing issues
- Installed and configured Netcool products and components to integrate them with the customer's Network Management, Operations Support, and Business Support Systems
- Served as a technology expert in Fault, Performance, Repair and Trouble Management Software
- Planned stages of implementation
- Well versed with SOAP XML and performed design and XML validation on various OSSs
- Performed software release steps, including migration of code and specification of database change procedures.
- Opened IR’s for various issues found and validated submitted patches for IR’s created
Confidential - NJ
Sr Systems Engineer
- Evaluated various technology roadmaps, analysis of specific requirements, prepared estimates and proposals, architecture and standards. Instrumental with technology evaluation, conceptual design and network application profiling.
- Hands-on involvement with systems integration of various types of network elements mainly Cisco 15454 Hybrid DWDM, Cisco 15600, Cisco 15310, Tellabs 7100 dense wave division multiplexing systems (DWDMs), Reconfigurable optical add drop multiplexers (ROADMs),digital loop carriers (DLCs), digital cross connect systems (DCS), with the Network Monitoring and Analysis (NMA) software.
- Managed and coordinated various Systems Engineering activities with a team of engineers Confidential .
- Performed analysis of telecommunications operations that manage workflows for service order provisioning, inventory, and trouble ticketing and dispatch activities on NMA System.
- Wrote system test plans, system test reports, executed TL1 commands for non-conformance per GR-833-CORE with network elements, operations support impact analysis (OSIA) reports for interoperability issues with NMA software and methods and procedures (M&P) documents for modeling of the NE with NMA.
- Functional knowledge of various EMS/NMS Systems.
- Strong domain knowledge of transport networks, OSSs in ordering, inventory, circuit provisioning, service assurance and fault management areas.
- Strong background in TMN/Operations architecture and principles.
- Provided technical and engineering support and consulting to Qwest, Confidential, Confidential &T SMEs.
- Gathered business requirements, analyze data / workflows. Defined the scope, financial projections and Cost/benefit analysis. Progressed from problem statement to well-documented designs.
- Understanding and validating customer needs and supporting integration solutions specific to customer’s business environments.
- Analyzing Use Cases and User Interface specifications
- Prepared and executed test cases as per requirements
- Involved in developing techniques for requirement gathering including interviews, brainstorms and meetings with stakeholders and all SMEs.
- Conducted interviews and meetings with users and SME’s for GAP analysis, updated the Project Manager on the timeline of the project on an ongoing basis and during regular conference calls.
- All baselining of deliverable documents was completed in a timely manner based on the contract.
- Created and used SQL scripts and commands for executing the database queries and checks
- Demonstrated the new functionalities of the application to the users