- Around 6+years of professional IT experience in Software Development, involved in DevOps, Testing, Configuration Management, Build and Deployment Automation, Source Code Repository and Environment Management, Implementation and Maintenance of application software in Web and Cloud/Server Environment, and Amazon Web Services.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Post - production Developing, Testing and implementing analysis of the projects.
- Worked on configuring and managing cloud Infrastructure using Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Auto Scaling, EBS, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Route 53, Elastic Load Balancer, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, SNS, IAM.
- Worked on creating Amazon machine images (AMIs) and snapshots of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Experience in deployment, configuration and support of Platform as a Service (PAAS) provider solutions like "Pivotal Cloud Foundry"
- Experienced in Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, and Automation utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, Git, GitHub, Clear Case and Tomcat .
- Worked on Deployment, Encryption, Configuration, and Management with AWS RDS.
- Experienced in Optimizing volumes and EC2 instances & Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Experienced in creating Amazon EC2 instances and setting up security groups.
- Experienced with Data Center operations and Cloud Computing (AWS).
- Experienced in managing and evolving build and deployment platform including source control, build system, artifact repository, container orchestration etc.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Evaluated and designed the software and the infrastructure for the company-wide private container cloud solution based on Kubernetes, Swarm, Dockers, and Python.
- Ability in execution of XML, Ant Scripts, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, PowerShell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Experienced in developing new methods of automation that reduce delivery timelines, improve repeatability and predictability, and enable improved quality of delivery.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Experienced in creation and maintenance of automation scripts allowing for provision of systems through AWS in single and multi-node configuration.
- Certified Pivotal Cloud Foundry Developer and IBM's Solution Architect
- Experienced in designing and distribution of Data across all the nodes and Clusters on different availability zones in AWS Redshift.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform Azure Virtual Machines instances using Puppet Configuration Management.
- Created Puppet manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations.
- Proficient in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, Azure SQL, Azure Storage, Azure Active Directory (AD), Office 365) and Provisioning of IAAS&PAAS Virtual Machines and troubleshooting issues on Azure VMs.
- Experienced in Installing, Configuring and Administration of Windows, Red Hat Linux, Centos and VMware Environments.
- Extensive experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Sufficient knowledge of the Azure platform to research, design, and implement solutions using other Azure offerings Experienced in setting up CI/CD pipelines for automation of agile process using tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Team City, Visual Studio Team Services.
- Developed auto container to automate containerization of new and existing applications as well as deployment and management of complex run time environment
- Administered and Implemented Jenkins CI tool for Automated Builds on Linux machines.
- Knowledge of Puppet as Configuration Management tool to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications and proactively manage change.
- Skilled in Configuration management and source code repository management using tools like GIT and Subversion.
- Experience in developing J2EE Web Applications, Enterprise Applications, Distributed Applications and Client/Server Applications using Java 7/8, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, JMS, Struts 2.0, spring, Hibernate 4.0, XML, and SQL&PL/SQL.
- Experience in to Design and developing LAN/WAN and remote infrastructure
- Strong expertise in the implementation of Containerization techniques using tools like Dockers.
- Have working knowledge on Arti factory - Dependency resolving tool for Maven based projects.
- Experience in installing, configuring, modifying, testing and deploying applications on Apache Web server, Web logic, IBM web sphere.
- Worked on building robust, sustainable and reusable automation frameworks.
- Experienced with software deployment in a large-scale environment.
- Manage deployment, maintenance, support and upgrade of servers, hardware, software, operating systems in server environment.
- Good knowledge on virtual environments such as VMWare ESXi, Hyper-V, Virtual Box, Xen.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, and intuitive and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Good working knowledge of Agile Methodology (Scrum, extreme programming and Unified Process) to deliver an end to end continuous integration/delivery in an open source environment using tools like Jenkins, Chef.
Operating Systems: RHEL, RH Linux Centos, Ubuntu, Apache Mesas, Unix, Windows
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT, Team Foundation Server, scrum, Bit bucket
Languages: C++, Java, SQL, SHELL, PowerShell, Bash, JSON, PYTHON, Power Shell
Application Server: Web Logic 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 2.0.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Red Hat, Web Sphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, IIS and JBoss, OpenStack.
Automation Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, Build Forge, TeamCity, IBM deploy, ANT, Dockers, Ansible, Chef, Maven, Hudson, Puppet, Kafka, Waterfall, Kubernetes.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Rally, Bug zilla, Confluence and IBM Clear Quest
Network Protocols: DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, Ethernet, Net stat, VPN, NFS, NIS, RDP, TCP/IP, TOTP, FTP, TFTP, HTTP & HTTPS
Virtual/Cloud Environment: Amazon AWS Cloud.
Repository managers: Frog, Nexus RPM, YUM, Git Hub, Dockers Hub.
Database Technologies: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Dynamo DB, Couch base, RDBMS, IBM DB2, Open shift.
Hardware Server: Mac, Dell Servers
Data Streaming: Netflix Agar, MPEG
Database Frameworks: Influx DB, Hibernate, Mongo DB
Frameworks: Flask, Jingo, Boto3, Collective
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Grade, SBT, Nunit, Spring Boot and MS Build
Repository Manager: Frog, Nexus
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Foreman, UCS Director and Terraforming
Messaging Services: Amazon SNS
DevOps / AWS Engineer
Confidential, St. Louis, MO
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configured auto scaling in customized VPC, based on elastic load balancer (ELB) traffic and using ELB health check to trigger auto scaling actions.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and End-to-End automation of Build and Deployment process using Jenkins.
- Involved in POC's with Kubernetes and Docker for Container Orchestration and implemented Docker to deploy multiple Microservices.
- Deployed JAVA/J2EE applications through Tomcat Application servers.
- Responsible for large-scale Chef Implementation and maintenance, Chef Cookbook’s creation, testing and implementation. Responsible to maintain RFC\'s and make sure the processes adhere to Change/Release management standards
- Worked on deployment and configuration of Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Google Cloud Platform
- Created several use cases (based on ITIL v3.0 best practices) outlining the different phases of the release process which were further utilized for customizing HP Service Manager to support enterprise wide Release Management.
- Troubleshooting of LAN/WAN and user technical problem
- Worked with development team to deploy the application code on to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Creating pods and maintaining the pods using Kubernetes with different images
- Worked on integration of Stack Driver and Dynatrace with Pivotal Cloud Foundry for management of application syslog and different component metrics logs
- Worked on team members on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and educating them on architecture and working of Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Using Shell scripting languages including BASH for Linux and PowerShell for Windows systems.
- Supporting configuration of Jenkins Build pipeline jobs, plugins installation with team for configuration Maven multi module jobs, free style jobs.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks ensuring the successful completion of tasks in sprint.
- Implementing infrastructure on new AWS systems and migration of existing Linux and Windows based Infrastructure to AWS and Azure Cloud plat forms and automated using Terraform, CloudFormation Templates.
- Azure server provisioning using Chef Recipes and Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Maintained Jenkins servers and Bamboo to deploy into production and non-production environment
- Developed and maintained Cloud Formation Templates for infrastructure & application deployments.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Setting up VPN-VPN connection between Client data center and Azure cloud. Built domain controller including active directory, managing all Window servers.
- Migrating servers with the required configurations changes and testing and deploying the machines using Ansible commands
- Support current migration of Data Center to Amazon Cloud.
- Converting production support scripts to chef recipes and AWS server provisioning using Chef Recipes.
- Managing the multi-tier and multi-region architecture using AWS Cloud Formation.
- Participated in daily SCRUM product/project meetings.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: TFS, SVN, Git Hub.
- Built Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins, Yum and puppet.
- Responsible for the Continuous Delivery pipeline given to all application teams as they on-board to Jenkins as a part of migration
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Hudson.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using Poll SCM option.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Deployed the java application into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Deployed web applications over cloud services (web and worker roles) on Azure, using VS and PowerShell.
- Used Bit bucket to manage repositories, maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT and Bit bucket.
- Hands on with Git/GitHub for code check-ins/checkouts and branching etc.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
- Virtualized the servers using the Dockers for the test environments and development environments need.
- Had built a Docker image by writing a Docker file, which provides the necessary environment required for generic job.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, IAM, S3, EBS, AWS SDK, Cloud Watch, GitHub, Cloud Formation, Nix, ANT, Maven, Tortoise SVN, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernate, Dockers, Agile, Apache Tomcat, Azure, Power Shell, Waterfall, GitHub, Apache, Jenkins, Bit Bucket, RDB, JSon.
Confidential, Miami, FL
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using DevOps Technologies like Puppet.
- Created and modified automation frameworks.
- Responsible for setting up ITIL v3.0 based processes in the Release Management space
- Created several artifacts for the Release Management processes
- Worked closely with the development and infrastructure teams to analyze and design scalable solutions with high availability, globally distributed, clustered, and supporting database replication, disaster recovery, and data resiliency.
- Configured Fiber optical LAN with Proper Topology for up to 300 systems. We used all Manageable switches (L2, L3 switches) with VLAN concepts and Total Redundant Network
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/GIT, Stash Repositories, views and the access control strategies.
- Worked on creation of purge applications script to automate the deletion of stopped/unused applications on Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Supported multiple releases and baselines in parallel and troubleshoot issues raised by developers and other CM analysts.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Git and AWS AMI's.
- Designed and built Docker Container-as-a-Service (CaaS).
- Integration of Docker with Jenkins.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef.
- Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Worked on integration of Splunk, Sumo Logic with Pivotal Cloud Foundry for management of application syslog and different component metrics logs
- Created Puppet manifests, profiles and roles module to automate system operations.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN.
- Assisted in the support and maintenance of the GIT Software.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform Azure Virtual Machines instances using Puppet Configuration Management. Created Puppet manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations.
- Resolved complex problems with Merging, Branching and Configuration Management of SCM system.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance.
- Working with GITHUB to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks
- Automated SQL Scripts, Batch Scripts Deployment to staging and production Databases with TFS.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Maintained database uptime and performance by implementing new releases; completed maintenance requirements; evaluated computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Monitored database performance, implemented changes and applied new patches and versions when required.
- Deployed web applications over cloud services (web and worker roles) on Azure, using VS and PowerShell.
- Cloud technologies expertise, Azure / AWS.
- Sufficient knowledge of the Azure platform to research, design, and implement solutions using other Azure offerings
- Built scripts using ANT and MAVEN and have also build tools in Jenkins in moving from one environment to another.
- Worked on installation and configuration of Concourse CI to create pipelines and setup automated workflows for CI/CD with Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Build scripts using ANT and MAVEN build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Owner of Jenkins, GitHub, Puppet, Artifactory, and all internal build systems for the core development team on an enterprise-level Java-based cloud orchestration/automation tool.
- Designed and deployed, in an Agile (Scrum) environment, assets and code that will help, deploy, test, monitor and maintain components and services for next generation service platforms.
- Good scripting skills - PowerShell experienced.
- Performed 24/7 assistance and on call deployments of application codes to production environments.
Environment: J2EE, Linux, Maven/Ant, Nexus, Puppet, Jenkins, Tomcat, Jira, Git, Shell Scripts, Unix/Linux, GitHub, Azure, Maven, Docker, Aws.
- Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues; Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, Performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Experience in implementing and configuring network services such as HTTP, DHCP, and TFTP.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers on Linux servers.
- Experienced working with Preload Assist and PICS projects.
- Installing and setting up Oracle9i on Linux for the development team.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Linux kernel, memory upgrades and swaps area. Red hat Linux Kickstart Installation.
- Capacity Planning, Infrastructure design and ordering systems.
- Created users, manage user permissions; maintain User & File System quota on Red hat Linux.
- Attended team meetings, change control meetings to update installation progress, and for upcoming changes in environment.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems and provided solution to them.
- Updated data in inventory management package for Software and Hardware products.
- Worked with DBAs on installation of RDBMS database, restoration and log generation.
- Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
- Monitored trouble ticket queue to attend user and system calls.
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Tomcat, Apache, Red hat, Oracle 11g, Shell Scripting, Ubuntu, Windows, Cent OS, Samba, FTP, VMware, mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3).