- Cybersecurity Professional with 15+ years demonstrated progressive experience in enterprise network operations and customer support. Information System vulnerability assessment, controlled exploitation, remediation planning, penetration testing as well as other exploitation techniques and methods for securing Wi - Fi Networks. Includes knowledge of system hacking and malware threats and comprehensive security planning for cloud computing.
- Amazon Web Services Solutions Architecture, Cloud Deployment, AWS Migration, Legacy Enterprise Cloud Transformations, and Implementation of AWS solutions best practices. Information Assurance & security testing, vulnerability assessments; cyber security baseline assessments, security controls, implementation of information security best practices. Working knowledge of NIST 800-53, NIST 800-37, NIST RMF, HIPAA, AWS, Cloud Vendor Management, Amazon Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2), Amazon Simple Storage Services (S3), AWS Identity and Access Management(IAM), EBS, RDS, Route53, VPC, Auto Scaling, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, Lambda, SNS, Security Groups, AWS Trusted Advisor, Amazon Inspector, GCE, AWS Key Management Service.
Work Environments: Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM), Network assessments, Computer Network Defense and Forensics, Vulnerability Assessment, Network Operations, Splunk, Global Enterprise Data Voice, Development Lifecycles/Environments, Secure Engineering Architecture, Security Infrastructure Continuous Monitoring, Cloud Computing, Cloud Security Integration Services, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Systems/ Software/Tools: Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, NESSUS, Nmap, Kali Linux, AppDetective, WebInspect, Palo Alto Firewall, Nexpose, Secunia, Nipper Studio, Algosec Firewall Analyzer, CA Netflow Analysis, CA Performance Center, Arbor Networks PRAVAIL IDS/IPS Security Monitoring Tool, IBM QRadar, Splunk, Cisco Sourcefire, HP ArcSight, Zscaler, Qualys Vulnerability Management, Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
Senior Cybersecurity Consultant
- Implementation of AWS (Amazon Web Services) Cloud architecture and deployment
- Design, coordinate and fully implement comprehensive lifecycle vulnerability management programs for existing clients
- Develop and execute vulnerability scans, reports and dashboards, identify applicable security controls and analyze assessment procedures.
- Subject matter expert for all cybersecurity and information assurance for current and potential Confidential & Confidential clients
Senior Cyber Risk Analyst
- Review, interpret and provide guidance related to security frameworks
- Identify security risks associated with IT and business initiatives impacting Confidential IT networks, information assets and business operations.
- Provide security consultation, direction, guidance and requirements to IT application leaders, business sponsors and 3rd party business partners that meet security policy requirements, standards, best practices and reduced risk.
- Work with Security leadership and stakeholders to gain risk acceptance on information security risk matters when needed.
- Ensure application, technical and business teams are informed and educated on security policies, risks and threats.
- Develop and analyze cyber assurance initiatives based upon industry standard cybersecurity frameworks and Confidential cybersecurity policies. Function as an information security liaison with business unit teams and provide clear guidance related to control implementation.
- Architect, implement, and optimize security technologies to manage visibility, access, identification, and control over sensitive data and systems.
- CIS) and Legal. Based upon analysis, develop recommendations on security controls to address gaps.
- Evaluate business unit implementation of key security frameworks and provide recommendations to address alignment.
- Work with architecture teams to understand enterprise solutions and impacts on security controls.
- Provide general guidance, interpretation and education on specific security policies (primarily CPI - 810) across requesting organizations related to their assigned projects / applications.
- Contribute to executive level awareness in building and migrating applications, software and services to AWS platform.
- Assess cloud security vulnerabilities
- Review setup of instances, VPC s and security groups.
- Manage cloud vendor continuous monitoring to ensure delivery, based on needs of the business.
- Determine if security or privacy risk factors exist and help associated teams understand the risk factors based on data classification, technology, and functional purpose. Use this risk to help prioritize remediation.
- Identify initiatives with risk areas that need specialized security expertise.
- Broker meetings as needed between project team members and specialized security experts when additional details are required or circumstances are unique or private.
- Act as Information Security resource during corporate security campaign to provide Security Awareness information to employees, including user education on Phishing scams, social media, password security and Cybercrime Recognition using the Stop.Think.Connect. methodology
- Collaborate and build relationships with IT colleague s core business partners for continued security education and awareness.
- Contribute to the development of Third Party Risk Management programs, as well as Corporate Privacy Programs, including policies, procedures and training.
Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Responsible for the analysis of Confidential Enterprise System Vulnerability Assessments.
- Involved in the reclassification of system risk categorization in collaboration with system owners and Secunia advisories via Nessus Security Center.
- Coordinate remediation planning with system administrators, architecture groups and IDS teams.
- Contribute to Risk Assessment review meetings, management briefings, and system owner updates regarding overall enterprise cybersecurity posture.
- Ensure adherence to established Information Security procedures and policies to meet compliance targets.
- Manage the vulnerability exception management reporting process by tracking exceptions to information security policies and standards.
- Evaluate associated risks by working with the other information security staff, validate mitigation procedures and coordinate communication with the risk owner.
- Generate metrics to demonstrate process effectiveness and remediation across the enterprise
Senior Information Security Engineer
Confidential, Windsor, CT
- Provide support on DDoS mitigation and attack prevention awareness utilizing multiple security monitoring tools
- Conduct network discovery and vulnerability scans for system scope validation, identification of operating systems, applications and network devices
- Perform onsite evaluations of IT configurations and documenting assessment steps, results, and risks.
- Participate in integrated teams and working groups supporting A&A activities.
- Perform vulnerability management and secure systems and application validation by confirming all system components and software are protected from known vulnerabilities by application of latest vendor supplied security patches
- Review change control processes and procedures for all changes to system components
- Implement security policies that define information security awareness and responsibilities for all personnel
- Lead the scheduling, planning, auditing and reporting services on client applications, systems, networks and data centers.
- Review, assess and document vulnerabilities as a means to improve security posture of Information Systems & Computer Networks (IS&CNs).
- Plan, conduct, document and interpret cybersecurity vulnerability scans /penetration tests against traditional IT assets utilizing standardized methodology.
- Coordinate Network monitoring and management tools, diagnose problems, restore service for network and/or systems and provide customer professional support.
- Responsible for the Continuous monitoring of all Information Security, Data and Voice networks and taking appropriate action.
- Manage over 350 routers, 1100 switches, 450 hubs, and more than 2000 voice and data circuits.
- Participate in corporate monthly Vulnerability and Threat Advisory Council meetings, comprising of Senior Leadership and direct reports to discuss current open risks and remediation plans to reduce the overall Cyber-Security risk to the organization.
- Contribute to providing executive level awareness of internal and external Cyber-Security risks and associated risk mitigation plans.
Snr Solutions Engineer
Confidential, Shelton, CT
- Managed business network team in India and UK on Voice, Security and network related changes including new technologies.
- Responsible for coordinating troubleshooting and implementation of LAN and WAN and Voice connectivity issues, primarily on global pharmaceutical customer voice and data network, specifically with regards to any IPT user configuration.
- Collaborate with clients and vendors to facilitate the selection, ordering and installation of replacement hardware.
- Assist in Problem Management root cause analysis and resolution with Problem Management team.
- Provide clarification on any IPT/WAN/LAN related Change Requests to Change Activity Board as requested.
- Assess, monitor and perform bi-weekly health and status checks on assigned pharmaceutical customer’s Global IPT infrastructure spanning 45 sites, 12,000 users with 5 regionally dispersed Cisco Unified Communications Manager Servers, Cisco Unity Connection Voice Mail and Cisco Unified Contact Center clusters in Europe, USA, South East Asia, South America and South Africa, to ensure compliance with Global customer contract.
- Primary support of Customer - (Unilever)Network and Data Center housing all backbone routers and core switches used to interconnect global network, with regards to any new technologies and maintenance required to enhance the network architecture of the LAN and WAN environment.
- Led Project Management responsibilities for Customer - (Unilever) Global LAN/WAN Network, consisting of MPLS circuit upgrades, new office VPN implementations, site closures and circuit decommission.
- Assisted in Service Introduction and Operational Readiness Testing (ORT) for new BT customers.
- Engaged in multiple operations support activities and disciplines, including infrastructure operations, monitoring and control, escalation and incident management, application support, change control and various interfacing and coordinating activities for multiple BT clients.