- I’m a dedicated technical professional in the computer industry utilizing my experience and expertise.
- Drawing upon my experience and expertise my approach to administering a particular network system or problem solving is analytical and innovative.
- I’m one who enjoys sharing counsel with users and management to develop network procedures as well as finding solutions to problems.
- I have a solid understanding with a working knowledge of current technologies.
Networking: DHCP, Cisco VPN, TCP/IP, ARP, DNS, L2TP, IPSec, PPTP, SMTP, SNMP
VOIP:: Interactive Intelligence 2.4 and 3.0, Mediant 1000, MP - 124 FXS, Cisco Unity, Cisco Call Manager, 2600hz
Switches: Cisco 4506E Catalyst, Cisco SG300
Wireless Access Points: Cisco Aironet 1130AG, Cisco 1602
Monitoring:: Confidential Pathview Cloud Microappliances M20, M22, Solarwinds, WhatsUp Gold, Heroix
Security Appliance:: Cisco ASA 5520 and 5505 Security Appliances
Software:: OS: Apple OS X Yosemite, Mavericks, Apple Server, VMware ESXi 5.5 and ESX 3.5, Windows 2008 server R2, Enterprise and Standard, 32 and 64 bit, Windows 2003 server, Enterprise and Standard, 32 and 64 bit, Red Hat Linux 5, Enterprise 32 and 64 bit, VMware Fusion Pro, Virtual Center 2.5, Sun OS 5.8, EMC Networker 7.3 and 7.6, WhatsUp Gold version 11, Titan FTP 8, SecureCopy, Confidential Pathview Cloud Network Performance Monitoring Tools, Citrix XenApp and Citrix XenDesktop.
Systems Engineer (Consultant)
- IT support for major Pharmaceutical\Biotech clients in Boston/Cambridge MA area.
- Support and network configuration for biotech lab devices e.g., Azure Biosystems C600, AzureSpot client software, NanoDrop One/One, Keyence BZ-X710 Fluorescence Microscope.
- Datacenter support for major pharma (Markley Data Center, Boston, MA)
- Active Directory support including security group creation and implementation, service account creation and implementation, creation of new network folder shares and implementation, re-permissioning of network shares.
- Avamar 7.1.2-21 administration and support.
- VMware VM support using vSphere 5.1.0 including vMotion, snapshots.
- Re-sizing Windows servers 2012 R2 drives in VMware 5.1.0.
- DNS Split Zone and Alias CNAME creation and implementation, DNS Zone name modification.
- Network server and devices monitoring with Solarwinds.
- Ticket management with Service Now.
- Published Citrix XenApp 6.0 support.
- Assist Network team with configure Agentless User-ID so that Palo Alto captured logs could identify users.
- Support for server SFTP application Pragma FortressSSH client configuration.
- EMC Unisphere Storage Management to troubleshoot VNX… storage issues and open support tickets with EMC.
- HP iLO 4 HP Proliant DL360 and DL380 servers
- Support the implementation of wireless connectivity for office users through cabling in data closet and configuration of end user devices.
Systems Engineer/End User Support
- Upgrade involved coordinating and managing the installation of 1 Gb fiber connect, 2 T1’s, 3 POTS lines, Cisco phone system, Cisco WLAN and multifunction network printers.
- Google Apps Administration.
- Confidential Softlayer account support.
- Confidential Notes and Verse support.
- Migration of Google Gmail email to Confidential Notes.
- Support for Confidential VPN EAP digital installation.
- Support for Confidential Wireless digital installation.
- Deliver service and support to end-users in %100 Apple, Mac environment, (MacBook Pro and MacBook Air)
- Email configuration Support for Mobile devices both iOS and Android using Maas360 Mobile Device Management (MDM).
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries and concerns
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving Internet connectivity, email clients (Notes), VOIP and more;
- Identified and escalated priority issues per client specifications
- Stay current with system information, changes and update;
- Configured and provisioned both Mac OS X Yosemite and Maverick MacBooks Pros and Airs to meet Confidential security compliance standards.
- Supported Cisco Aironet 1131AG Series Access Point
- Supported Cisco 1602 Wireless Access Point.
- Supported Cisco ASA5520 security applicance;
- Supported Cisco 4506E Catalyst switch;
- Supported LifeSize video conferencing;
- Supported VOIP provisioning of IP phones;
Enterprise Systems Administrator/Supervisor IT Operations
- Software, Server, Storage and Application Support of the following:
- Application backend support on Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 R2 servers.
- Windows 2003 and 2008 R2 resource i.e., CPU usage, disk space utilization, server processes monitoring through Solarwinds and Vsphere.
- NetApp SAN monitoring (IOPS, LUN allocation) with NetApp Operations Manager.
- Monitor network servers, storage and databases at colocation NaviSite in Andover, MA. Opened tickets and worked with support engineers at colocation to resolve any technical issues.
- Windows 2003 and 2008 R2 monthly patching both physical and virtual, including VM server templates.
- Application support for Citrix Xendesktop 4.0.
- Application support for Citrix Presentation Server/Xenapp
- VMware 5.0 support, administering Citrix virtual desktops, monitoring their performance within VSphere. Assuring that users were in correct security groups to access network resources and applications installed on virtual desktops and XenApp servers. Conversion of VM server templates to servers for patching and converting back to templates. As part of the Operations team it was also my responsibility to monitor the VM environment daily.
- Avatar/Cache database support, patch and customization pack installation, database refresh, daily Avatar database monitoring and documentation. Both Linux Red Hat 5 enterprise and Windows 2008 platforms.
- Creation and support of AD Group Policy.
- SQL 2005 and 2008 monitoring.
- Active Directory support using Active Directory Manager, major reorganization of OU structure involving moving users to new OU structure, template creation, bulk import of new user accounts. Also working with AD users and computers and Hyena systems tools.
- Support for Oracle/Hyperion 11.1.2, Windows 2008, R2, 64bit.
- Support for Biscom Fax Server application.
- KBace support.
- Symantec Netbackup PureDisk secondary support.
- Responsible for team of 4 supporting ZL Email Archiving, Avamar Backup and Exchange support.
- Mentored Tier 1 level support for remediation of trouble tickets.
Windows/Linux/Mac Systems Administrator
- Support of 70 plus IP phones and Shoretel VOIP administration and infrastructure.
- Support for Ruckus Wireless Access Point.
- Network infrastructure support including HP switches, Cisco router, servers, cabling.
- Provides first-rate internal support and excellent customer service to all departments within the organization.
- Support employees with Windows / Mac notebooks and desktops.
- Support end-user desktop applications including Outlook, MS Office, IP Telephony, Salesforce.com, GoTo Meeting and Office 365.
- Administer and maintain Active Directory infrastructure, including user account maintenance.
- Perform daily data backup and recovery procedures using Backup Exec.
- Design, install, administer, and troubleshoot core architecture technologies including Windows and Ubuntu servers.
- Member of the PathView Cloud operations team to assist in maintaining the software service in the Amazon Web Services environment.
- Ensure strong network security is in place at all times, including the installation of security patches and anti-virus updates, as well as secure configurations of firewalls, web and applications servers.
- Ensure that detailed documentation for servers and network infrastructure including procedural documentation for general maintenance and network diagrams are kept current and up-to-date.
- Active Directory administration, new user account creation, account disables, folder share access, mailbox right access, account modification, email distribution group modification, security group modification.
- Exchange 2003 and 2007.
- Server and Domain Controller build, configuration and implementation.
- VOIP servers, gateways (Meidant 1000, MP-124 FXS), auto attendant, dial plans and phone management on Interactive Intelligence 2.4 and 3.0 phone systems. Creation of new user phone accounts with provisioning of phone. IP phone configuration modification, call appearances and other features. Gateway routing table configuration (Tel to IP phone). Troubleshoot analog phone connectivity issues on gateway as well as all internal VOIP calls, examining packet traffic on switch ports and understanding of SIP, UDP, RTP and IP in relation to VOIP traffic.
- Network backups using Networker 7.6, Symantec Backup Exec 11d, Arcserve 9.
- Active Directory support, security group creation, permissions, folder share creation, account modification, employee ID etc.
- I am also working extensively with Symantec NetBackup PureDisk and Backup Exec 2010.
- Worked on various independent contracts that involved the design and implementation of SOHO networks including Windows 2008, network backup and wireless access points.
Data Center Engineer
- New server builds, RAID configurations, OS installation, configuration and support including Windows 2008, Windows 2003, RH Linux 5, Enterprise and Standard 32 and 64 bit. Some support of Sun OS 5.8.
- Troubleshot connectivity issues to all servers (Windows and ESX) servers in the Data Center or at our co-location center. Troubleshooting involved VM or physical server connectivity issues that might involve IP address configuration, port tagging, packet errors, VLAN assignment. The core switch and switches connected to the core are Cisco 4700, 3750’s and the router is 2800 series.
- Upgraded VMware-vCenter from 2.0 to 2.5. Created VM clones and templates for Windows XP, 2003, 2008 R2 32 and 64 bit. Installed and configured ESX 3.5 servers
- Assigned switch port configuration for production servers by providing port speed, VLAN ID, port tagged or untagged.
- Network monitoring of servers and bandwidth usage using WhatsUp Gold, Heroix and Solarwinds.
- Performed Data Migration of Terabytes of data from file servers in Data Center while maintaining NTFS permissions and file shares. The data was migrated to servers with greater storage capacity and processing power.
- Used Active Directory Domain services to create and allocate network resources using DFS and Active Directory Users and Computer to create network shares, distribution groups, security groups, folder permissions and add servers to domains.
- Installation and configuration of SQL 2005 and 2007 on specific servers based on specifications.
- Installed and configured Terminal Services Manager to manage terminal services sessions for Confidential Helpdesk.
- EMC Networker 7.6 enterprise backup of Confidential Systems Administration for Production, Development and Cloud servers.
- On a daily basis check nightly network backups and quarterly check with clients to make sure that correct data is being backed up or still valid. Performed client and schedule migration from UNIX to Windows 2008 platform, including completely rebuilding all production backup schedules.
- Adherence to HIPPA encryption and SOX compliance.
- Make sure that all servers in the Data Center per rack are balancing power requirements in terms of amperage usage to avoid electrical power issues.
- Maintained proper Data Center infrastructure including cable management and rack placement.
- Maintain documentation pertaining what servers are currently active in the Data Center and Co-Lo.
- Maintain documentation of static IP address assignment.
- Troubleshoot all server issues that may arise either hardware or on the OS level.
- Support of VMware environment including the building of ESX 3.5 servers and Virtual Center 2.5 servers.
- Build and maintain all VM client machines and templates.
- Apply Windows updates to specific servers according to patching schedule.
- Built and administrator for Company FTP server which ran on a Windows 2008 platform using IIS with .NET and ASP.
- Cisco IP telephony phone support, including Call Manager and Cisco Unity.
- BES 4.1, SP5 server administration and Blackberry handheld device support.
- Good Server administration for non-RIM devices.
- Lotus Domino 7.02 server administration and Lotus Notes 7.02 client support.
- Lotus Sametime 7.5 server administration and client support.
- Ironport appliance for spam control.
- Postini Email security systems administration.
- McAfee Total Protection for Small Businesses installation on all workstations and laptops.
- CA ArcServe Network Backup Enterprise server administration.
- Windows 2003 server and AD administration.
- Reviewing and generating T-Mobile I-Billing usage reports for Yankee Group users both domestic and international.
- Application support for end users.
LAN Administrator II/Desktop Support Engineer
- Implemented and documented the rollout and migration process of Standish Confidential computers for different departments within the company.
- Provided Level 1 technical support for the Bond Traders, trading floor.
- Installed, configured and supported financial applications such as:
- Bloomberg Professional
- Reuters Kobra
- Charles River Development
- Datastream Advanced
- Worked in back office with directly with Portfolio Managers and analysts.
- Provided level 1 technical support for the users within BNY/ Confidential departments such as the Accounting Department, Application Developers, Finance and Marketing.
- Documentation of the software application installation process.
- My primary responsibilities as one of the AD Domain administrators and IT specialists for the Boston District Office include assisting Examiners and Attorneys with using software applications such Concordance, iConect and Forensic Toolkit for viewing and examining forensic evidence, i.e., scanned documents, transcripts etc., that are used for cases in litigation. Other responsibilities include resolving desktop support issues and assisting in computer deployments rollouts and software upgrades, printer installation and support, tape backups and data restores, video conference support, Blackberry support and general network support related issues involving servers, switches and all data and voice related equipment within compliance of the defined S.E.C. procedures and policies.
- Tape Backups (Backup Exec 8.60).
- Virus Scan (Network Associates)
- Video Conferencing Support (Polycom iPower 970 Series).
- Wireless Technology (ATT Blackberry devices).
- Voice support (Comdial, VMMI Software).
- LAN/WAN support resolving any network related issues along with the remote D.C. office for O.I.T. support.
- Projects (Deployment of 50 new Dell laptops to S.E.C. users. Rollout of Windows XP Pro on all desktop computers. Supervised the replacement of desktop system boards on all desktop computers due to multiple system board failures. Worked specifically with Examiners in interpreting and reading forensic data evidence used in litigation.)