- Seeking a challenging and responsible position in Information Technology with an organization that values excellent technical knowledge combined with outstanding customer service experience and that encourages .
- 18+ years of Customer Service Experience, both face - to-face & via phone.
- Able to explain & resolve highly technical concepts and processes in non-technical terms.
- Build, troubleshoot, repair and upgrade PCs, laptops, printers and other peripherals
- Proven communication and problem solving skills & ability to handle multiple tasks & deadlines.
- Independent and original thinker and worker.
- Continued with classes in Team Leadership and Dealing With Difficult People.
Operating System Proficiencies: Active Directory, Windows Server (2008, 2012), Windows 7, 10
Call Tracking: HEAT; Remedy; JIRA.
Applications/Utilities: SCCM. SolarWinds, Systems Management Server, NetDeploy, Security Center/Nessus, Ghost, Lumension Endpoint Management & Security Suite, WSUS, McAfee ePo & Anti-virus, WebSense, MS-Office Suite (2010, 2016), Adobe Acrobat, WinZip, Tripwire, McAfee Firewall, SQL Server, Tivoli Endpoint Manager
Mail services: Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Sr. System Administrator/Service Desk Team Lead
- Oversaw all functions and operations of service desk providing 1st and 2nd tier services to over 300 users nationwide.
- Monitored daily activities and performance to ensure service level goals were met. Administered AD infrastructure, several servers (physical & virtual, running MS Server 2008 & 2012), 300+ workstations and 30+ printers in a Confidential (Active Directory) environment.
- Oversaw implementation of migration of all computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10, completing project 1 month ahead of schedule.
- Implemented new service desk policies that led to enhanced trouble ticket management & increased customer satisfaction.
- Provided third tier phone & desk-side support for technical issues surrounding AD, Windows 7 & 10, MS Office, & network connections.
- Compiled monthly reports on service desk activities and tickets
Confidential, Ft. Washington, MD
- Administered 60+ servers (MS Server 2003, 2008), 800+ workstations and 30+ printers in a Confidential (Active Directory) environment.
- Successfully led effort to deploy Confidential -12 requirements to all workstations, laptops & servers.
- Implemented Center for Internet Security (CiS) security baselines to all servers.
- Updated & managed Domain Policies from Confidential requirements to Confidential
- Coordinated the move of 100+ computers, printers, and servers between two facilitiesincluding arranging for network & system configuration at the new site.
- Researched and implemented new systems to increase capability to monitor and administer systems, including WebSense & Management & Security Suite (LEMSS).
- Maintained and updated servers and workstations via WSUS, SMS & LEMSS.
- Primary administrator for McAfee ePO & Anti-virus, WebSense, and HEAT call tracking software.
- Provided initial investigation into security alerts registered by Cisco IDS and determined if additional followup was required.
- Monitored and maintained internet usage restrictions via WebSense.
- Backed up servers on regular schedule using BackupExec (12.5 & 2012).
- Provided third tier phone & desk-side support for technical issues surrounding Windows 7, MS Office, network & Internet connections.
- Prepared and updated documentation for projects, monthly reports, problem reports and Configuration Change Requests (CCR).
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Created, maintained, & updated all desktop and laptop baseline images in a Confidential environment.
- Successfully implemented Confidential settings across all agency facilities, including all Federal Record Centers and Presidential Libraries.
- Led project to develop and implement new baseline image creation and maintenance process that reduced number of images by more than half.
- Assisted with deployment of updates via ZenWorks.
- Provided third tier phone & desk-side support for technical issues surrounding Windows XP, MS Office, e-mail, network (Novell) & Internet connections.
- Prepared and updated documentation for all projects and baselines.
- Assisted with setting up servers in NT 4, Windows 2000 & 2003.
- Provided first & second tier phone & desk-side support for resolution of hardware & software-related problems in a Confidential environment.
- Troubleshoot, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows XP, MS Office, e-mail, network (Novell) & Internet connections, hardware & peripherals.
- Served as initial point of contact for support staff regarding hardware repairs and fiber optic port repairs.
- Prepared workstations for deployment throughout the agency.
- Created weekly status documents reporting issues for managements attention as well as the status of my projects and tickets.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Technical Support Analyst
- Provided first tier phone support for resolution of laptop/software-related problems in a 3000-user environment.
- Troubleshoot, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows 2000 Professional, Active Directory, MS Office, e-mail, Internet connections, hardware/peripherals, and proprietary software.
- Trained new analysts on general help-desk programs including Vantive, SAP, as well as on two of the 14 proprietary programs currently in use.
- Wrote and updated materials and resolutions for same applications.
- Coordinated trainers, schedules & materials for new analysts.
- Assisted in maintaining the Intranet for the Service Desk, keeping analysts up to date with regard to changes in policy, procedure and documentation.
- Assisted in reviewing and grading written casework of other analysts.