Operating Systems: Solaris (11, 10, 9, 8,) Sun OS (5.6), AIX (7.1, 6.1, 5.2) RHEL 6, 5 and 4, Linux CentOS 6, 5, 4 (SUSE Linux 11)
Hardware: Sparc M - Series M3000,M4000 Sun Fire E-25k, T4-4, T4-1 Regatta/HMC, 740,595,6H1, 7012
Scripting Languages: Korn Shell & PERL
High Availability: Confidential HACMP, PowerHA, GPFS 3.5,Veritas Cluster, Volume manager
Virtualization: AIX LPAR, VIO, Solaris Zones, LDOMS,VMWARE 5.0, Vmware\ ESXi
Programming/Tools: GNU, SSH, TSM 5.5, SUDO, Powerbroker, Confidential, EMC powerpath Oracle Enterprise Manager Ops Center 12c,Deep working knowledge of High Availability and Cluster solutions.
Proficient in: LPAR configuration, VIO Server, NPIV.
Confidential, Monroe, LAUnix Administrator
- Installed Configured and maintained Confidential Server, created Spot, LPP source and resource on Confidential Server, done many migration, upgrades and installed software using Confidential .
- Used Alt disk migration to migrate server from 6.1 to 7.1 TL5 and also to AIX 7.2, did Alt Disk Clone for rootvg.
- Upgraded firmware and Microcode on AIX servers, Advance management module of Blade Center, upgraded HMC from v7 to v9 and to latest version, critical console data backup and also Save update data.
- Installed and configured Sudo on all server, also SDD driver SDDPCM
- Provided support on weekends and after office hours, submitted change request form and worked on approved change. Completed TL update and migration on nearly 40 servers.
- Performance tuning and hardening of Aix servers, Implemented secondary logging.
- Continuous compliance account comprised of monthly patching and manual passord changs on systems on the account.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Responsible for Production support and administration of AIX 7.1, 6.1, 5.3 physical, virtual, database and application servers.
- Participated in large scale data center migration project during 2012 and 2013. With over 113 TB of data migrated.
- Worked Unix Trouble tickets via Remedy
- System Tuning and implementation of custom Korn Shell scripts
- Provided LUN mapping and EMC SAN provisioning.
- Worked with Change control and writing technical procedures and runbooks.
- Create Runbook Procedures and documents for Unix Team WIKI
- VIO Client and server configuration on AIX Power 7 Systems running GPFS.
- Worked with PowerVM Logical partition management
- High Availability: Power HA 6.1 and VCS cluster configurations.
- Server OS level upgrades and Patching and creation of procedures for team use.
- Configure nmon and topas for performance analysis.
- Installed and configured various tools and Enterprise level Monitoring and Management agents for all AIX and several Linux servers.
- Installed ITM, Parity, Fusion, SRM, LCF, SSH, LDAP Client, Confidential Systems Director.
Confidential, Burbank, CA
- Production Unix support of AIX 6.1, 5.3 Power systems
- Member of Confidential Server Build team located onsite at Disney/ABC Datacenter Burbank
- Confidential server implementation for AIX environment
- Installed and configured High Availability clustered systems utilizing Power HA 5.4.1
- Steady State Production support within SLA environment. Worked On - site at Datacenter location. End user support of Developers and DBA’s in relation to Unix environment and manually running various scripts for application team such as automated file transfers and log file analysis.
- Initiated MKSYSB Backups on AIX servers.
- Involved with change control (CRM)and scheduling outages for production systems.
- Worked on several projects involving enterprise server patching and server remediation.
- Installed and configured the following agent grouping for all AIX servers. ITM, Parity, Fusion, SRM, LCF, SSH, LDAP Client, Confidential Systems Director.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Enterprise Unix server environment composed of +350 SUN Solaris, TRU-64 and AIX servers
- Administration of jumpstart network for system builds.
- Primary Unix operations team across 2 Enterprise Datacenters located in California
- Participated in multiple projects involving servers deployed across Development, pre-production and production servers
- Involved in Data migration between 2 different SAN environments.
- Documented procedures for Unix team and DBA team.
- HMC upgrades and document procedures for team use.
Confidential, Ventura, CA
Unix Systems Engineer
- Unix Project deployment and Tier 2 Administration within a Clustered Solaris 10,9 and Oracle RAC environment using Veritas Foundation Suite
- Server builds on Linux and Sun Solaris platforms including server imaging, capacity planning and implementing disaster recovery policy.
- Implementation of LDAP for user authentication on Solaris Servers, client and server.
- Shared storage environment composed of EMC CX300 CX500
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Unix Systems Administrator
- Administration and monitoring of production Enterprise Sun Solaris and Confidential AIX nodes.
- Extensively Used SMIT and CLI to configure AIX systems
- Worked with jumpstart and Confidential servers to deploy system images via flash archive.
- Frontline systems support and administration for application developers within the Unix environment
- Deployment of Production Systems within Datacenter
- Applied APARS to all AIX systems as well as HMC upgrades to production Confidential systems
Confidential, Northridge, CA
Unix Systems Administrator
- Tier 2 UNIX support of 220 SUN Solaris and Confidential AIX Clustered servers within the Southwest Region.
- Configuration and testing of SAN (EMC), tasks included installation of required patches for each server, installation of software drivers for HBA and, collection of WWN s
- Installation, fine - tuning of Solaris OS on Sun Servers (6800, 4800, 4500, 450)
- Responsible for management of 7x24 HA clusters that provide critical Oracle 9, Apache Web Server, NFS and other applications.
- Software deployed: Veritas Cluster Server, Veritas VxVM, Veritas Netbackup, Power Path v4.2
- SAN Fabric components included an EMC Symmetrix frame, an EMC Clariion frame, Brocade 3800 SAN edge switches, and Brocade Silkworm 12000 SAN core switches.
- Performing patch research, patches installation, bug fixing, firmware upgrades and package installation
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
Unix Systems Deployment/Administration
- Host Configuration and deployment of Sun Solaris 8, 9 Confidential P - Series 690 and HP Unix servers.
- Configuration of two Sun fire Enterprise 15000 domains via system controller.
- Server Environment included several hundred Sun fire V480 & 280R servers as well as 4 HP Superdomes.
- Configure of ALOM on all Standalone servers
- Implemented custom Jumpstart server for rapid install of Solaris operating system.
- Deployment/configuration of hosts for RSC (remote system console) connectivity in addition to applying patches and firmware updates.
- Coordination of on-site vendors such as Sun,HP and Confidential for field support of production systems. 1 year contract position completed
Confidential, Mountainview, CA
Senior Unix Systems Engineer
- International Internet access and content provider: West coast Data center and Netcenter Operations.
- Enterprise network consisting of hundreds of E-4500,420R,Ultra 2,Ultra 5 Servers running Solaris 8.
- I was responsible for the operational support and server administration of the Webmail project which was comprised of a group of 15 E-4500’s.
- Installed, and maintained Veritas Volume Manager. Perl scripting and debugging of scripts, monitoring production servers.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Provided frontline support and daily administrative tasks to multiple Unix production servers running on Confidential AIX 4.2,4.3 RS6000 and SUN Solaris 7 Enterprise Servers.
- Responsible for maintaining all production servers, which included troubleshooting software/hardware problems, defining appropriate corrective actions, implementing corrective actions and documenting actions. Implementation of Confidential
- “High Availability Cluster Multi-Processing”: high availability solution for mission critical applications.