- Cybersecurity Disaster Recovery Continuous Process Improvement Solution Focused
- Accomplished and integrity - driven IT Professional with over 13+ years of experience in IT management, IT infrastructure and help desk administration.
- Recognized as a leader with strengths in reengineering IT processes, defining continuous improvement processes, building consensus, managing high profile IT projects, and providing solutions for integral parts of administration.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly adept at facilitating discussions and negotiations with key stakeholders.
- Focus on system administration and DoD cyber security.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & HIGHLIGHTS:
Security Tools: Assured Compliance Assessment Solution Certified (ACAS) - Nessus, Retina Scanning Application, Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Vulnerator Reporting Tool, Tripwire IP360 & CCM, Tenable Security Center, Websense (IDS), FireEye(IPS), IBM Appscan, HP WebInspect
Other: VMware ESXi 6.5, MS Office suite, MS Windows workstation and Server Suite, GP\AD environment SME, MS SharePoint Foundations, MS Search Server, MS Communicator, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT 2012) Webroot Anti-Spyware, Shavlik NetChk, Spiceworks network monitor, Familiar with wireless technologies, Televantage Phone Software, Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Ghost, Acronis Backup & Recovery, Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Remedy Familiar with Dell and HP Hardware, Working knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu)
- Information Assurance Support
- Conceptual Development
- Interpersonal Skills
- Complex Problem Resolver
- Technical Documentation
- Performance Development
- Multi-Task/Prioritize Effectively
- Process Improvement
- Disaster Recovery
- Compliance Management
Confidential, Bethesda, MD
- Provide security oversight for Confidential and subordinate commands. Coordinating Confidential security measures including analysis, periodic testing, evaluation, verification, accreditation, and review of information system installations.
- Provide oversight of Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) compliance- POA&M management, mitigation statement formulation, interfacing with system administrators to resolve open findings of high and at-risk systems.
- Ensure information ownership responsibilities are established for each Confidential information system, to include accountability, access approvals, and special handling requirements.
- Coordinate security measures to include analysis, periodic testing, evaluation, verification, incident response/incident handler and review of information system installation at the appropriate classification level within the command or organizational network structure.
- Provides oversight and compliance reporting for the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) program.
- Develop and maintain the necessary technical documentation and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Senior System Engineer - Data Center
- Walter Reed’s highest tier of troubleshooting - applications, web, Group Policy, Active Directory, Servers and workstations for all ITD and Medical staff.
- Managed virtual server environment using VMware version 6.5
- Utilized HP One View to maintain the health and integrity of HP blade systems
- Assisted with the implantation of EM7 monitoring and dashboard software.
- Managed day to day tasking including - data center maintenance, cabling, server relocations and physical server installations, DNS request, Certificate installs, NTFS share\security management, Active Directory management.
- Produced weekly security reports for Data Center and SCCM team for Server\workstation mitigation
- Attend weekly security briefs as liaison to Data Center staff
- Weekly patching of IAVMs and STIGS on Windows Servers and workstations.
Confidential, New Carlton, MD
Information Systems Security Specialist
- Managed and updated Tripwire IP360 and (Vulnerability Management).
- IBM Appscan system administrator.
- IBM Guardium analyst of Database scans results.
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Information Systems Security Eng.
- Managed Tripwire IP360 and Tenable Security Center vulnerability scans (Vulnerability Management).
- Web Application Security Scanning using IBM Appscan and WebInspect
- Responsible to updating IDS and IPS solutions daily from CSIRT and web alerts.
- Incident response to viruses and phishing attempts.
- Responsible for providing weekly dashboards to HRSA Chief Information Officer.
- Provided oversight of vulnerability and patch management and anti-virus health anomalies.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Cyber Security Analyst
- Managed database assets (inventory) and vulnerability management scans utilizing Tripwire Compliance Configuration Manager (CCM), IP360 and Nessus.
- Responsible for the planning and deployment of Nessus within the organization.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA A
Cyber Security\Systems Engineer
- Tier 4 administrator responsible for the resolution of all hardware and software troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Responsible for the planning and deployment of 100 SCCM distributions points across the nation.
- Recommended, planed and implemented a process improvement strategy that made deploying workstations and servers across the nation more efficient by utilizing Microsoft Deployment Kit.
- Aid security team in mitigations of all Coast Guard systems to obtain ATOs (Authority to Operate).
Confidential, Aberdeen, MD
Cyber Security Analyst /System Administrator Engineer
- Assess current policies, add, update, and remove GPOs\GPs as needed or requested using Confidential (Group Policy Management Console) and GPedit.
- Manage the evolutionary upgrade plan to upgrade all 2003 domain controllers to Microsoft 2008R2, which includes suggesting new hardware with an approved industry best practices plan that will migrate the current AD environment without downtime or loss of users, objects and policies at all military Operation Centers.
- Migrating Global Catalog, FSMO Roles, Replication, DNS, DHCP, Permissions, Shares Group Polices, GP Objects, GP Groups and Users
- Head in place domain migrations, Forest trust, and DNS forwarding projects
- Provide the information assurance support for our AD environment.
- Design and implement a full redundant virtual environment using VMware ESXI 5.5 using Dell servers and ISCSI devices, utilizing a VLAN
- Monitor network utilization and error statistics to develop design solutions.
- Create and implement disaster recovery procedures.
- Support Microsoft SQL Database Developers.
- Evaluate user and system needs, and new technologies to recommend and implement network plans or changes.
- Perform vulnerability assessment of generated scan results and create working VR (Vulnerability Report).
- Download all necessary updates/patches and determine all STIG’s required to harden Operating System to desired security level.
- Utilize NSIS scripting language to create software package that will be deployed to the warfighter.
- Develop, test, and distribute standard operating guidelines for installation and build procedures.
- Create and maintain standard images for the workstations and servers.
- Develop network installation and management plans to include determining appropriate network architecture, topology, and transmission media.
- DIACAP-required information assurance standards and configuration management practices while maintaining the security posture.
Confidential, Linthicum, MD
- Acted as the IT Manager in the absence of upper management.
- Planned, developed, and implemented virtualization for 12 servers using Citrix Xenserver.
- Devised and implemented a full migration plan of current 2003 Domain infrastructure to be migrated to 2008R2 with new hardware on site and at other satellite offices.
- Managed software licenses, and insured 100% software compliance according to EULA.
- Absorbed user problems and security concerns; to evaluate and recommend solutions and appropriate counter measures to effectively implement in a corporate environment.
- Addressed data security concern while keeping the data safe and usable to end users.
- Headed company project to extend LAN capabilities to a remote location.
- Developed and incorporated company IT polices.
- Maintained backup routine and maintenance.
- Ensured ASIT is compliant with parent companies.
- Scheduled and executed regular system management activities: upgrades, updates, reboots, backups, restores and virus scans.
- Evaluated and recommended hardware and software for company and program use.
- Administered critical IT systems: Symantec AV, Webroot Anti-Spyware, SharePoint 3.0, Windows Updates Server, License Server, Security cameras, Phones Server and File Server.
- Effectively managed Active Directory environment: Organizational Units, Permissions, Security groups and group policies.
- Maintained Confidential wireless accounts: New lines of service, terminating lines, ordering new equipment and warranty replacements.