- AWS and DevOps Engineer with over 8 + years of experience as a hand - on Build Release engineer, infrastructure integrator and System administrator.
- Has to experience in bash and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS Cloud Architecture and hands-on Engineering.
- Has experience in installation, administration, patches, up gradation, configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting various Linux and Windows-based servers like RedHat Linux 4/5/6, Amazon Linux, CentOS5/6, Sun Solaris 8/9/10.
- In-depth experience in AWS using EC2, Volume and Snapshot management, AWS Dynamo DB, A WS S3, AWS RDS, AWS VPC, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk and IAM services.
- Good Knowledge and working experience in cloud Migration.
- Provided Cloud Migration Solutions and Architecture using AWS.
- Cloud Migration Support and Maintanence.
- Experience in Linux administration.
- Proficient with Python and scripting languages.
- Good problem-solving skills. Deep knowledge of SQL/PLSQL. Good understanding of Java.
- Expertise in automation tools like Git, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Subversion, Nagios andDocker.
- Used Docker for Ship, Run, virtualization, and deploy the application with securely for fastening the Release/ Build Engineering.
- Experienced with building deploying and troubleshooting web services.
- Experience with an understanding of AWS Has experience in working on cloud AWS cloud EC2, S3, RDS, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling with AWS command line interface and AWS python SDK.
- Worked on AWS EBS Volumes, Cloud Formation,and Cloud Watch services.
- Documenting, system utilization, configurations, instances, OS, and AMI build practices and backup procedures.
- Experience in messaging services Simple Notification Service (SNS), Simple Queue Service (SQS).
- Diverse knowledge on AWS Developer Tools like AWS Code Commit, AWS Code Deploy, AWS Code Pipeline.
- Miscellaneous Devops task - On-call support, troubleshooting issues coming from Microsoft etc.
- Maintaining Code Components in the Version control tool TFS, Setting up Cloud Servers for different Environments like production and Non- Productions in Cloud Azure.
- Has experience in version control using SVN, GIT, TFS and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Has to experience in setting up Baselines, branching strategies, Patches and merging with various version control systems.
- Has experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers for deployment and for hosting tools.
- Has to experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Patches, Merging and Automation processes using Shell/bash and Batch Scripts.
- Proficient in Installation, configuration, maintenance of open LDAP server and application integrated with Apache Web server and Postfix mail server for user authentication.
- Has to experience in Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xml and pom.xml files.
- Used Agile practices (iterative development & sprints) for various user stories during the project execution.
- Worked with different Tools like Confluence, Jira, Bugzilla, and Remedy.
- Has experience in various configuration and automation management tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible.
- Has experience in DNS, NIS, NFS, Lookup, SnoopFTP, NIS, Samba Server, LDAP, remote access, security management, and system troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching,and software deployment.
- Hands-on experience in the creation and management of cloud VM's.
- Has experience in developing and delivering content on the web using JAVA/J2EE.
- Collaborating with the development team and a broad range of users/customers in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Has to experience in Oracle and My SQL Database servers DB tasks.
- Strong analytical, diagnostics, troubleshooting skills to consistently deliver productive technological solutions.
Versioning Tools: Git, Bit Bucket, Git lab, CVS, Subversion, Clear case.
Languages: Java/J2EE, Python
CI/CD/CM Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, Cruise Control, Ansible, SaltStack, CodeDeploy, Code Build, CodePipeline.
Build/Bug Tracking Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Make file, Sonar, Build Forge, Nexus, JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Remedy,and IBM Clear Quest, Nagios, Ganglia.
Database: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MySQL, DynamoDB, Mongo DB, Postgresql, JBOSS.
Virtualization: TC server, Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache HTTP server, Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss.
Scripting Tools: Shell, Batch, Python, Power Shell.
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, JSP.
Operating Systems: Windows, AIX, UNIX, LINUX,and MAC.
Confidential, Houston, TX
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Maintained and Developed a production-level cloud-based architecture in AWS, including creating machine images like AMI and helped migrating and managing multiple applications from on-premise to cloud using AWS services like S3, Glacier, VPC, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, SES, IAM, EBS, ELB, SES, Security Group, Auto Scaling, Elastic Cache, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Used Identity and Access Management (IAM) to assign roles and to create and manage AWS users, groups and use permissions to AWS resources.
- Configured, supported and maintained all network, firewall, storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2 and created detailed AWS Security groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Used AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Python,and Docker.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespaces.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Involved in authoring Terraform scripts to automate and deploy AWS cloud services.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson 3.3.3 /Jenkins2.0 Continuous Integration Tools.
- Proposed, Implemented and maintained New Branching strategies for development teams to support trunk, development baseline codes along with several feature branches.
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, check-in policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Check-ins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Used Maven 3.3.9 as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Monitored the metrics such as response times and server resources such as Total Processor Time, Available Bytes and Process Bytes by using Performance Center Monitors, monitoring tool Dynamic and Dyna Trace.
- Actively monitored cloud best practices using Cloud Checker.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk 6.6, Nagios 4.2.0 for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Autoscaling groups, Optimized volumes,and EC2 instances.
- Written pre &post-commit hook scripts to accommodate various development requests.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Jenkins, Ansible and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Jboss10.1.
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Trend Micro Deep security.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on the highly scalable environment, used Docker 1.12.1 coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx1.11.8.
- Ability to build automated scripts and coordinate with the software development team Comprehensive knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Worked on Apache2.2.34 and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Deployed and configured Atlassian JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking.
- Workflow collaboration and tool-chain automation.
Environment: Java, RHEL, Amazon Linux AMI, Jenkins, SOAP, SOA, Ansible, Hudson, Maven, Kubernetes, Nagios, SQL, AWS, Terraform, Python, Subversion, Docker, Bash, NT Command Shell, Dyna Trace, Java/J2EE, Git, JIRA, XML, Cloudcheckr.
Confidential, Tampa, Florida.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Provided Configuration Management and Build support for more than 5 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environments.
- Defined and Implemented Configuration Management and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Created Development Environments in Amazon Web Services using services like VPC, ELB, EC2 and RDS instances.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON 10.0 templates.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss3.0 including installation, configuration, management,and troubleshooting.
- Configured Chef Server Enterpriseon-premise/workstation /bootstrapped the nodes using a knife and automated by testing Chef Recipes/Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Created Chef Cookbooks manifests and modules to automate system operations for managing complex infrastructure in a transparent way.
- Created the Chef Repository and worked on developing cookbooks. Manage the configuration of Web App and deploy AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified the sameChef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Roll out Chef to all servers used Chef Node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, backups and used Chef and other configuration tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Installs, configures and supports Apache on Linux production servers and manages Patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problem, manages systems routine backup, scheduling jobs and enabling cron jobs.
- Worked on Nagios4.1.1 Monitoring tool, and configuration with Chef, AWS cloud management.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion source control.
- Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Kubernetes which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Integrated Ant 1.9.6 and maven 2.x with TFS source control to automatically trigger Builds and publish results back to TFS.
- Developed build and deployment script using ANT, Shell4.2.2 to Setup development and QA environments.
- Worked app dynamics, Splunk, Service now, and Dyna trace Tools to debug the issues.
- Troubleshoot the automation of installing and configuring Java applications in the testing and production environments.
- Used Deploy as Continuous Deployment tool and to setup automated and scheduled deployments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant build.xml.
- Created multi-level Make file environment for product object creation.
- Deployed code on WebSphere8.5 application servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Performance tuning of Web Sphere application server including JVM7.0, Garbage Collection, JDBC along with its server logs.
- Involved in sprints and planned releases with the team using JIRA7.0 and Confluence.
- Used JIRA 7.0 tool to track all the defects and changes related to build and Release Team.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Terraform, Splunk, Dynatrace SDK, Chef, Cloud Formation, Vagrant, VPN, Scrum, Nagios, Subversion (SVN), ANT, UDeploy, DB2, JIRA, RESTful API, Confluence, Shell Scripts, WebSphere Server.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Technical leader to align processes and tools, such as branching, source control structure, dependency management, Linux\Windows hybrid build infrastructure, code review, and check-in policies, that are developed and instrumented by DevOps teams across projects globally.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS amis.
- Managing GIT for legacy products also automated the weekly deployments with Jenkins.
- Maintaining Git repos and Jenkins for builds.
- Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful amis to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers by using Puppet.
- Experienced with working on Puppet Master and Puppet Agents. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Deployed Puppet 2015.3.0, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for automated management of machine configurations.
- Expertise in using various Puppet features such as Resource management like Package, Service, File. User Management, Modules, Class, Definition, Templates, Factor and external commands.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Up gradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Using Puppet Enterprise to Manage Application configurations and utilizing BASH Scripts and Right scale to do initial server provisioning and puppet to deploy and update applications including Apache Tomcat and other proprietary applications.
- Hands on experience in Creating Dashboards in Splunk as administrator and other monitoring tools.
- Experienced in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Maven.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances & Created multi-AZ VPC instances.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles,and groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured S3 to host static web content.
- Deployed cloud stack using AWS OpWorks.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Autoscaling groups.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Supported 2000+ AWS Cloud instance's and also familiar with Amazon Cloud command line management.
- Experience in developing ETL and Data Models using an ETL tool such as SAP Data Services, Informatics.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios and Tivoli.
- Encrypted EBS volumes via KMS service.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud watch.
- Set up Elastic ache using me cached.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Experience in implementing Cloud-based Data Warehousing solutions.
Environment: EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Splunk, EBS, IAM, AWS OpWorks, VPC instances, Amazon CLI's, Puppet, Ansible, RunDeck, EBS, RDS, S3, VPC instances, Glacier, Nagios, Tivoli, Auto scaling, Cloud Watch.
Build & Release Engineer
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Proficient with Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for application build and deployments.
- Developed the build CI/CD pipeline script using different programming languages like Groovy, Shell,and Python and secure them with Apache Kafka, Apache Nifi and Agile methodologies.
- Implemented VPC peering connection to access the entire CIDR block of the peer VPC without any restriction.
- Implemented AWS client API to interact with different services as Console configuration for AWS EC2.
- Used AWS Lambda to manage the servers and run the code in the AWS.
- Installed, configured and managed Puppet Master and Agent.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests to automate the configuration of a broad range of services.
- Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppetmaster, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source control management systems such as Subversion, Git / GitHub / Gerrit, Clear Case.
- Designed, created and maintained a complete build-release environment for C, C++ compilers.
- Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT. Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Created multiple Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Wrote batch scripts for compiling sprog files and creating Solution files and WSP files for deploying ASP.NET and Share point application.
- Maintained build management by modifying Nant and MS Build for all.Net applications to include new components and changes.
- Deployed .NET applications on IIS 7.5 and IIS 8.0 server.
- Deployed Asp.net (MVC) and Java applications to application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Manage 30+ Salesforce Organizations.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, and ClearCase.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Apache MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Expertise in troubleshooting techniques of JVM using Thread, heap dumps and analysis using Eclipse MAT.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Responsible for Change Management activities, to include new business planning, leading regular change control meetings, prevention,and detection of unauthorized migration to production environments.
- Used XL Release Orchestration tools for continuous integration and management of several tasks in the deployment process.
- Performed workload analysis on the prod system based on APM/RUM tools and come up with the workload to be simulated in a pre-production environment.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Led design and implementation of Monitoring and Alerting for Cloud with vCenter Operations (vCOPs) as a "single pane of glass" solution for FlexPod. Installed vCOPS adapters to monitor NetApp storage, Cisco Nexus 5000 switches.
Environment: SVN, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Hudson, SQL, Chef, vCenter Operations (vCOPs), Apache Tomcat, shell, Kafka, Cloud Foundry, Puppet, JIRA, Microsoft .NET, ASP.NET, Windows, Python, Linux, Unix, Git, ClearCase.
- Installation, configuration & administration of Red Hat Linux, RHEL 4.0/ RHEL 5.0 Installed and configured of hardware and OS on servers, workstations and I/O devices on E4500 environment.
- Used VERITAS Net backup tool for Backup and recovery.
- Responsible for DNS and Configured DNS Servers and Clients and troubleshooting system and DNS issues.
- Implemented Server consolidation and virtualization using UML Linux, XEN and VMware virtual infrastructure, VMware ESX, VMware venter Allocated resources to the Virtual Machines based on the requirements from the Users.
- The package, Patches management, Migration, Integration & distribution in development, Testing, QA, Training, Production environment. (Testing: UAT, SIT, OAT, Performance testing).
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of High Availability VERITAS Cluster Servers for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Monitoring of servers using SCOM and Nations.
- Created Korn Shell Scripts to automate cron jobs and system maintenance. Scheduled cron jobs for job automation.
- For the dynamic datacentre performance worked with different virtualization techniques on Solaris-10.
- Deploy and manage Data store for all VMware Six hosts Monitoring a Fictitious Network Using Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and Python.
- Responding to User requests via ticketing system related to system access, login issues, home directory quota, file system repairs, directory permissions, disk failures, hardware,and software related issues.
- Involved with Applications & middleware teams in writing the Program Scripting for automating the data transfer and file transfer tasks using JAVA and Python.
- Installation and configuration of AIX v5.3/6.1 on IBM pSeries Hardware.
- Perl Application and Perl Module Development in Object Oriented Perl on Solaris, RHEL Linux, Informix, Bash.
- Involved in the preparation of functional and system specifications. Estimated Storage requirements for applications.
- Installed of all the required Software, patches, documentation, licensing troubleshooting.
- Setup various user profiles, environment variables/security to ensure smooth operation.
- Used Smutty (AIX) tool for Printers, Applications, Processes, Services, Software License Management, Software Installation, Users and Security Management.
- Involved in working in the AIX environment and was responsible for installing & Configuration of HACMP: High Availability Cluster Multi-Processing.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, RHEL 4.0/ RHEL 5.0UML Linux, XEN AIX v5.3/6.1 on IBMUAT, SIT, OAT.
Unix/Linux System Administrator
- Set up and configuring of Linux (RedHat& SUSE) and Solaris servers/workstations for clients.
- Configuring the NFS servers, setting up servers in a network environment and configuring FTP/NTP/NIS servers, clients for various departments and clients.
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data centre systems,and hybrid cloud environments.
- Handling the scheduling tasks (cron jobs and task scheduler) for the scripts for various purposes.
- Troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Daily execution of build ops in an automated and continuous process.
- Involved in support databases and performed MS SQL upgrades running on Windows servers.
- Compiling code to move into test environments via automated processes.
- Installation, configuration,and administration of Linux (RedHat/SUSE, Centos).
- Troubleshoot build and deploy failures, and facilitate resolution.
- Configuring network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/Linux Servers.
- Improve speed, efficiency,and scalability of the continuous integration environment.
- Logged all events to log files.
- Knowledge of web servers, security, DNS, file systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills, along with outstanding customer service skills.
- Create, deploy, and manage virtual hosts using VMware.
- Troubleshoot performance issues within the application, web and database tiers.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Windows based systems including hardware, software,and applications.
- Creating a change requests, work orders and problem tickets using BMC Remedy tool and getting approvals from higher officials.
- Experience in development with Perl, Python, PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- On-call support for 24/7 for troubleshooting production issues.
- Project Management for various UNIX/Linux/Windows system integration projects.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, AIX and Windows, ShelliPlanet4.1, Python, BMC Remedy, SunOne 6.1, IIS 6.0, Windows 2008, Linux, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i.