Strong understanding of how systems work. Strong knowledge of cloud computing and virtualization. Skilled at scripting. Even when working as a technician performed system administrator functions. Often go above and beyond the call to maintain uptime.
- Windows Server 2008/2012r2
- Confidential OS
- Active directory
- Hyper - V
- PowerShell scripting
Computer Systems Architect
- Deployed a Production environment of Microsoft's Online Directory Service.
- Deployed over 350 physical and virtual servers from the ground up.
- Created PowerShell scripts to automate deployment.
- Designed server configuration to provide high redundancy for each role.
- Took ownership of the project leading my team.
- Created new Active directory domain in a multi domain forest.
- Deployed and managed WSUS, WDS, DFS, and AD.
- Maintained a system uptime of 99.99%.
- Managed several Hitachi SANs with Brocade switches.
- Participated in on call rotation for 24x7 support.
Instructional Support Technician
- Responsible for maintaining all computers and software for a high school. Duties include setting up new computers, reimaging old computers, installing software packages using scripted installs.
- Manage Active Directory accounts.
- Use Confidential Workgroup Manager to manage computer groups.
- Troubleshoot network problems. Research and implement group policies in Active directory.
MIS Operations Technician
- Responsible for end user support.
- I was the technician in charge of Confidential Computers; however, I worked just as much on windows.
- I established a four-year rollout plan for all Confidential computers.
- I set up and managed an Confidential server to deliver software packages, run as an LDAP server and Image Confidential Computers.
- I worked on both Harris and Cisco VoIP PBX systems.
- I assisted in managing user accounts in active directory.
- I regularly covered the help desk, to troubleshoot and fix user problems using remote control management software.
- Managed Cisco catalyst switches.
- I was responsible for driving to customers and repairing any computer problems they had.
- I installed and repaired windows daily.
- I worked directly with customers.
- I did a lot of hardware diagnosis and repair.
- I was also responsible for doing over the phone troubleshooting.
- I was primarily responsible for maintaining the network, and monitoring network traffic to keep the students safe.
- I was also responsible for setting up all the audio visual equipment in the school.
- Set up and managed OS 10 on all computers in the school.
- Managed Smoothwall firewall and content filter.
- Managed student schedules using the state of Utah’s SIS database.