- 10+ years of experience working in designing, deploying and integrating of complex applications on AWS.
- Strong Knowledge of working in DevOps, Linux, Build & Release, Kubernetes, Docker, Shell Scripting .
- Strong Knowledge of working within Clustered Environments and Cloud Computing Platforms Tools and Configuration Frameworks.
- Solid experience in Cable domain .
- Hands on Experience in maintaining the lab environments for development, QA, Staging and Prod environments.
- Strong Hands on Experience working with different relational and non - relational databases.
- Utilized configuration and automation tools such as Chef and Puppet.
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, and Asgard deployment, build and configuration management system.
- Expert in preparing the Method of Procedures (MOPS) for code deployments.
- Familiar with most popular programming, scripting, and markup languages: python.
- Experience in system and network administration, managing server infrastructure and data centers operations across multiple platforms.
- Understanding of all aspects of the SDLC, PMLC, Automation Processes & Frameworks, Manual & Automation Testing Processes, Deployment Processes & Methodologies.
- Highly organized and strong critical thinking, impact analysis and problem-solving skills combined with a positive self-motivated and willing to work with minimal supervision in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills.
Cloud Computing: IAM, Directory service, EC2, ELBS, IELBS, Route 53, SGs, Auto Scaling groups, S3, Glacier, VPC, Cloud Front, Lambda, SQS, SNS, Terraform, Cloud FormationConfiguration Management Tools Chef, Puppet, Dockers, Maven, Kubernetes, Deployinator, Ansible, vCenter
Source / Build Management Tools: Jenkins, Asgard, Nexus, Git, Bitbucket
Databases: MySQL, Cassandra (datastax), Mongo DB, Dynamo DB, Oracle DB, SQLite, Elastic Cache, Aurora DB
Programming and Scripting Languages: Java, Java Script, Shell Scripting, JSON, and Selenium
Networking and System Tools: Linux / Unix, Windows, MacOS, F5, vSphere
Monitoring Tools: App Dynamics, Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, ELK, Sensu, Victor Ops, CloudWatch
Applications / Application Server: Tomcat, ngnix, daemon, crons, Apache
Testing Tools: SOAPUI, Postman, Charles Proxy, Selenium, QTP, Emulators, Simulators
Defect Management Tools: Jira, Quality Center, Test Rail, BugZilla
Soft Skills: Project Management Manage the teams across the global location, Process Improvement, Change Management, Release Management, Client and Vendor Consulting, Team Building, Knowledge sharing across the board
Other: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Gliffy
- Manage multiple kubernetes cluster in lab environment.
- Create an image from the source code and upload in the Docker registry.
- Responsible for deploying vault for kubernetes cluster and update the config maps.
- Built Mongodb database in lab environment by using terraform.
- Delivered major releases of Spectrum Guide DOCSIS, QAM, Spectrum Guide on TWC.
- Provided technical guidance to deliver DVR environment for Dev team and built new headends: CC32 (DOCSIS), CC51(DOCSIS), A3H3(QAM), BC2, BC5, BC8(TWC head ends).
- Learnt and implemented EC2 container services to optimize the cost and reduce the complexity of the eco-system.
- Delivered major releases on time with the allocated resources.
- All the deliveries are done within the assigned SLA’s.
- Implemented S3cmd tool to replicate the data of S3 buckets between engprod and dev accounts.
- Implemented scripts to build new stacks and headends.
- Personally, trained other team members by giving knowledge of transfer sessions about various components of environment.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of AWS, deployment tools and monitoring tools to large audience where I played a crucial role in bridging the gap between various teams.
- Provided support to production team to build new head ends.
- Built four microservices stack to support different testing needs.
- Key contributor to move away from shared Cassandra to stack specific Cassandra instance.
- Worked on stack specific config-middle configurations.
- Extended my support to other teams like Dev, SST, SIT and CIA and coordinate with them to deliver the project within the required timeline.
- Reviewed the high level architectural documents to on-board Spectrum Guide in L-TWC / L -BHN Market.
- Provided technical expertise in developing and building execution environments to support business opportunities.
- Acted as lead in designing, developing and validating solution prototypes in variety of lab environments as well as certified accuracy and viability of designs and implementations.
- Participated as a key member in crucial deep dive meetings to review the integration status, milestones, issues, blockers, and dependencies with executives.
- Integrated fully functioning stacks with all the 3 rd party components to deploy the new micro services impacted by TWC plant.
- Sync S3 buckets across the accounts using CLI tool .
- Redesigned existing Amazon AWS infrastructure to provide support to Time Warner Head ends with Spectrum Guide.
- Build continuous integration stack for DEV testing to validate new L-TWC / L-BHN and L-CHTR integrated components.
- Provided support to development team to carry out integration efforts.
- Tuned the existing environment to accommodate the L-Time Warner Cable Networks.
- Redesign and re-implemented DNS /Route 53 infrastructure to reduce complexity, improve performance, simplify administration, and facilitate deployment automation.
- Maintained LINUX/UNIX server clusters.
- Generate and analyze metrics for site performance and availability.
- Maintained network stability through expedited response to identify issues.
- Managed and assisted all phases of project - scoping, design, deployment, testing, rollout, user support, and documentation.
- Design of end-to-end logical architectural diagram for Spectrum Guide.
- Reviewed the high level architectural documents to integrate new headends in L-CHTR lab.
- Designed, build, and integrated new headends for legacy Charter for multiple environments.
- Configured AMS, TSBroadcaster and Active Video components for individual headends.
- Configured Oracle DB to support Advance Messaging System (AMS).
- Configured Video On Demand headends for Arris and Cisco.
- Managed channel lineups for both DAC and DNCS.
- Supported on-boarding new channel lineups in datamart and in Content Lineup Management System (CLMS).
- Design, deployed and maintenance of data centers and application server clusters.
- Maintained distributed systems, software configurations, releases, debugging, troubleshooting, and monitoring.
- Build and configured development/ Integration/ SIT environments using Chef.
- Bootstrap multiple VMs using Chef.
- Created automated scripts to build new headends in a matter of hours instead of weeks or months.
- Prepared Method of Procedures (MOPS) for staging and production environments to guide through deployment process.
- Use Jenkins /Asgard to build and configure AWS micro-services to accommodate new headends.
- Configured new Zuul-routers in each micro services stack to provide authentication.
- Control and managed the source repositories using Bitbucket and Git.
- Set up and configured monitoring tools such as app dynamics, Splunk and VictorOps for new servers.
- Documented headends overall status report including channel lineup detailed information and VOD headends information such as Session Management, Management console, and CMM information.
- Prepared headends build out run book to document the end-to-end headends build and deployed process.
- Use of F5 to balance the load across the different Active video and AMS components.
- Set up the Cron services to clean up the old files for log rotation.
- Troubleshoot and fix the Emergency Break fix issues (EBFs).
- Attended joint working sessions with Development, Advance Engineering, 3rd Party Vendors and Testing teams to troubleshoot headends issues.
- Provided on call 24X7 support to troubleshoot environment issues in development and QA environment.
- Lead offshore and onsite team to execute the headends build out efforts.
- Build and configure AWS micro-services stacks to support QA/SIT and Performance testing team.
- Deployed new micro-services using deployment tools Asgard and deployinator.
- Scaled up the lab environments to simulate as performance testing environment.
- Installed tools Nagios, Grafana, CloudWatch to monitor new micro services stack.
- Designed and Implemented Continuous Integration deployment pipeline for DEV testing to reduce time and cost savings.
- Improved Cassandra DB, MySQL & Oracle DB and decommissioned web services for better performance and cost optimization on AWS.
- Troubleshoot and repair network, applications, operating system for development and testing operations.
- Improved application integration methods, emphasizing better utilization of configuration management tools to simplify procedures, promote uniformity, reduce errors and time required to deploy new applications.
- Install, set up, configured and deployed environments for supporting enhancement projects and new launches.
- Provided training to Production Environment Team to install, deploy and manage the application components and provided on call 24X7 supports to troubleshoot the deployment issues.
- Created Spectrum Guide architecture diagrams of application flow through Visio diagrams for Vendors and Internal Teams
- Created Documentation for server builds and installation as step-by-step process for on boarded new team members.
- Create custom logging, reporting, and graphing tools to analyze application component bottlenecks, enable problem notifications, enhance hardware, VM, database, and JVM tuning and prevent potential failures.
- Migrated service from a managed hosting environment to AWS including: service design, network layout, data migration, automation, monitoring, deployments and cutover, documentation, overall plan, cost analysis, and timeline.
- Worked on Spectrum Guide Documentation and attended design phase meetings.
- Prepared Architectural diagrams and data flow diagrams for Spectrum micro services.
- Interfaced with Development, Architecture, QA and Operations team to design, test, deploy, document, monitor and maintain applications and components
- Provided on call support and Ticket Support 24x7 to development team, QA team and Production Team.
- Attended defect triage calls for Spectrum Guide.
- Installed, Set up and configured Dev and QA Applications Servers to onboard new micro services.
- Documented MOPS for deploying new micro services in lab environment.
- Build and implemented Cassandra DataStax for supporting backend applications servers.
- Control and managed the source repositories using stash.
- Investigated and recovered lab server issues and monitored the production server health based on different parameters: System load, Physical Memory, Swap Memory, Hard disk etc.
- Created and enhanced shell scripts to customize the environment set up in lab.
- Working with defined SLA’s to take ownership and done escalations to resolve the issues.
- Resolved incidents/tickets faster using VictorOps tool to help minimize the impact of downtime and speed innovation.
- Reported Status to Executive Team Members on daily and weekly basis.
- Attended daily meetings or ongoing support calls and project.
- Understand the functional requirements of the projects and acted as a testing anchor for testing Mobile apps.
- Participated in comprehensive end to end testing on Mobile platforms at all the stages of software development and software testing life cycles
- Estimation and High level analysis of requirements for testing.
- Client Interaction for understanding and clarification of requirements, deliverables, adding new ideas.
- Validate business and technical requirements to suggest enhancements to the feature set.
- Determined test strategies based on requirements, developed test plans and test cases and executed test cases.
- Converted all the available business and technical documentation into structured test procedures.
- Provides clarification & support development team and ongoing technical support to business and users.
- Tested rest services using postman and Charles Proxy tool.
- Tested and analyzed web services and wrote the detailed reports analyzing requests and response HTTPs.
- Tested IP VOD and Video on Demand on both iOS and Android platform.
- Performed Video- On - Demand (VOD) Stream Testing for Symphony and Ovation to make sure Video Quality factors (Screen, Display and Picture), Resolution, Audio/Video/Subtitles Synchronization and sound distortion are proper.
- Performed companion capability testing on both iOS and android with Set Top Box.
- Participate in all the activities related to agile development model.
- Managed the defect tracking through bug reporting tool JIRA.
- Participate in regular QA Team meetings and discussions and daily scrum meetings.
- Coordinated with development team, Quality Assurance Team and different stakeholders to execute testing.
- Updated the higher management with testing status reports.
- Managed Onsite and Offshore resources.
- Acted as a test lead for testing the web-based applications.
- Understand the business requirements and prepared test cases to execute end-to-end testing.
- Attended defect triage calls.
- Tested Rest services on multiple browsers using SOAPUI tool.
- Logged defects using defect management tool using Jira.
- Coordinated with Onsite and Offshore team members to execute the test cases.
Senior QA Analyst Tester
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases based on business requirements of the Application.
- Performed automated testing for Web Applications.
- Involved in White Box and Black Box testing.
- Performed Functional Testing and Manual Testing.
- Extensively used Quick Test Pro (QTP) for functional and regression testing for automation of multiple modules in the environment.
- Tested the Time Shift Buffer for each of the set-top boxes.
- Validated UNIX file and analyzed the results to measure the performance of the application. Worked with various Analysis Graphs and Generated Reports for the same purpose.
- Extensively done Backend Manual testing using SQL and constraint validations.
- Created test scripts for various testing stages like Functional testing, Integration testing and Regression Testing.
- Developing test plans and test cases for load, stress and performance testing.
- Tested various links of Home Page, text-hyperlinks, image-hyperlinks and Web based applications.
- Very good in writing Unix Shell Scripts and Database validation scripts for testing.
- Executed Unix shell scripts to analyze log files and reports.
- Involved in meetings along with developers to resolve identified issues.
- Created User Defined functions for web-based scenarios.
- Rerun of test cases and test scripts for Regression testing after fixing bugs in the software.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database-using TOAD.
- Used Test Director for defect tracking.
- Report defect found during test cycles and Track the defects and retest fixed programs.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Functional Specifications and developed Test Plan detailed Test Scenarios, Test Strategies and Test cases.
- Developed and maintained the Traceability matrix between requirements and test cases.
- Involved in testing the full functionality of POS (Point Of Sale system) from end to end.
- Used Agile-testing methodology for achieving deadlines in UAT.
- Performed Manual Testing for the entire application.
- Assisted Quality Center Admin in creating Users and their access levels
- Identify, log and follow-ups on all defects found during testing.
- Involved in the Development of Plan and Test Cases for Integration, Functional, System and Regression Testing.
- Attended daily scrum meetings (Agile Methodology) to give the daily testing status and discussing about the roadblocks.