- 13+ years of inherent technical experience with Infrastructure and datacenter technologies.
- Seasoned Linux and virtualization engineer, supporting IT Operation of financial/Banking clients in a production environment. Specialize in RedHat Linux and IBM AIX systems administration and automation.
- DevOps and Agile methodologies in a continuous integration/continuous delivery and deployment model.
- Skilled with Server (HP, Dell, IBM) Hypervisor (VMware, Hyper - V, IBM PowerVM, KVM), OS (UNIX, Windows), SAN (HP, IBM, EMC, DELL), NAS (NetApp), Fabric (Cisco and Brocade), familiarity with design & architecture of public and Private Cloud and Network Administration, Backup/Recovery, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Virtualization, Security, Strategy, Database and Risk Management.
- Pursue an opportunity to utilize skills and expertise in a professional capacity, employing comprehensive knowledge and vast professional experience with a proven record of:
- Delivering exceptional service to development, storage, quality assurance, database, networking and customer support teams to meet business and technical demands
- Proven ability in Installing, Upgrading, Configuring, Performance tuning, and Troubleshooting in Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ubuntu systems
- Building extremely scalable systems with high up-times
- Independent problem solving, good team player with strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Linux/Unix Servers - RHEL, OEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, Solaris, SLES
- Scripting - Bash Shell, and ability to read other languages such as ruby, python.
- Installation - Kickstart, HTTP, FTP, NFS, PowerShell etc
- Cloud - AWS, VMware vCloud, Red Hat OpenStack
- VMware - ESX, ESXi
- IBM PowerVM, Power System Mirror aka HACMP
- Xen, KVM, VirtualBox
- Web - Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat
- DNS and Directory Services - BIND, LDAP, LDAP-S, NIS, NFS, SAMBA, Winbind, Centrify, PBIS
- Email - SMTP, POP, IMAP, Postfix, qmail, sendmail
- Storage - SAN
- Application - ORACLE, MySQL, Websphere, Tomcat, JBOSS EAP
- Remote - VNC, X11, SSH, NFS, FTP, Telnet, SFTP
- Cloud - AWS, RedHat OpenStack
- Monitoring - Nagios, Icinga, OpManager, Nmon, ADC, Dynatrace, Grafana, Runscope
- Automation Tools - Puppet, Ansible, Shell Scripting, Cron, Tidal Enterprise Scheduler
- Troubleshooting - ping, telnet, netstat, netcat, nmap, tcpdump, traceroute
- High Availability - VCS, Linux-HA, GPFS, PowerHA
- Load Balancing - Barracuda, F5
- Network - firewalls, IPsec, iptables, tcpwrappers,
- File System - SELinux, ACLs, Apparmor
- Application - SSL, SSH, sudo, LDAP-S, HTTPS, TLS
- Backup - tar, zip, cpio, scp, rsync, NetBackup
- x86 hardware ranging from Dell, IBM, HP, to Cisco
- Sun SPARC servers, Blade servers, and workstations
- SAN hardware mostly from EMC and Dell
- Fiber cabling, Emulex & QLogic HBAs along with dm-multipath and PowerPath
Confidential - Dallas,TX
Infrastructure Sr. Systems Engineer
- As a L3 Citi Cloud Infrastructure Team member, supporting of UNIX servers for NAM/LATAM/APAC/EMEA Regions.
- Responsible for working on infrastructure issues, incidents, and Sev1/2 incidents.
- Working with Vendors HP, Veritas, IBM and Redhat to get the issue resolved.
- Administration of Red Hat Linux /AIX Servers. Monitoring Linux server's performance, Logs analysis for trouble shooting, applying patches, software installations working with LVM, Accounting, NFS Administration, SSH, Active Directory, Netbackup and restorations.
- As Linux Administrator/Network Engineer, provide client support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems, VMware virtual systems, and network infrastructure.
- Install upgrades and manages packages via RPM and YUM package management Installs Firmware Upgrades, kernel patches, systems configuration, performance tuning on Unix/Linux systems.
- Maintained and monitored all servers' operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on daily basis, administration on RHEL systems. Using top, sar, iostat, netstat, vmstat etc. monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting issues on vSphere Client, ESXi 4.0/5.Moderate knowledge of VMware SRM, vRealize Operations Manager, Configuration and Update Manage.
- Performing day-to-day administration of virtual environment using Citi Automation Services (CAS), Chef, Ansible, Splunk tools.
- Participate in on call rotation to ensure server/application uptime and documented well for all the steps towards RCA/fix
- Built RHEL6&7 App VMs hosted on VMware ESXi Hosts.
- Built physical Oracle RAC DB servers on Cisco hardware
- Configured DB servers up to the point where DBAs install Oracle DB
- Added and configured new LUNs into Oracle ASM disk group
- Installed, configured, and upgraded Symantec Netbackup on Linux servers
- Tuned performance of All Linux servers and JVM containers
- Installed WM applications in all Linux environments
- Configured and integrated WMS, MIP, MDA, Dashboard, and other WM applications
- Cloned existing applications to other new environments
- Secured the whole environments with SSL and LDAP-S for authentications
- Administered Tidal Enterprise Scheduler to run jobs automatically across Linux and Windows environments
- Was responsible for Start/stop/restart WM applications and troubleshot any issues that arise
- Updated kernel, ulimit, cpu, processors, vmfs, and JVM parameters, and Built Perl Modules
- Installed Oracle DB agents across Linux servers
- Updated SQL tables; delete/add Oracle DB raws/columns/values
- Supported Distribution Centers (DCs) across America
- Managed Slotting applications on Linux and Windows servers
- Deployed, configured, troubleshot and managed IBM Cognos and SCI applications
- Configured IBM Cognos and SCI applications so that users can authenticate as SSO (single sign on) using SAML within the Oracle database systems.
- Installed network printers and configured to print label formats
- Created, configured, monitored, and managed NFS shares on Linux servers
- Managed sudoers file and gave sudo accesses to users as required
- Developed shell scripts for automatic application restarts, send email alerts, delete logs, and etc
- Analyzed java and cpp logs, found out root causes of issues, suggested resolutions, and implemented changes as appropriate
- Installed Service Delivery Notice (SDNs) to WMS and Slotting applications
- Interacted with many other teams and completed tasks as a team
- Supported production environments on a 24/7 basis and participated on a weekly on-call support
- Worked with vendors on issue resolutions whether it be application, DB, server or hardware
Confidential - Dallas, TX
IBM PowerSystems Engineer (AIX/LINUX)
- Member of the AIX / UNIX team providing UNIX, HACMP, VIO support where the project involves support for managing p5,p6,p7,p8 server operations.
- Performed new server builds, migration and patch installation of AIX servers. Such as technology level, service pack, interim fixes and upgraded firmware, HBA drivers install.
- Ordered, downloaded and applied critical APAR, PTF, filesets and efixes for system constancy using NIM Servers, Clients& Alternate Disk Migration.
- Handled Security, users, groups’ administration and daily backup and restore operations, networking service, gathered performance data, resource monitoring.
- Monitored system performance on slow servers and checked the errpt and also status of the system using utilities such as TOPAS, SAR, NMON, VMSTAT, IOSTAT and Maintenance of NFS.
- Management of network solution such as routing, subnets, TCP/IP, NFS and DNS.
- Worked with PowerHA system mirror cluster Migration version 5.5, 6.1, 7.1, 713, and 7.2 using Rolling, Snapshot, offline and concurrent without downtime.
- Performed troubleshooting CAA, cluster repository disk failure causes and how to recover and prevent in future using syslog.caa. Adding, increasing the file system space in HACMP environment. Very familiar with CSPOC operation.
- Implemented, Configured and managed, Virtual I/O servers, Virtual Client on IBM pSeries servers. Experienced with PowerVM (virtualization) under VSCSI, NPIV. Configured and managed path priority to storage SAN in dual /single vios environment for better load balancing.
- Created server / lpar profile using cpu, memory, IO adapter, dedicated processor, micro partitions and Capacity on Demand. COD / CUoD.
- Configured shared storage pool /Active Memory Sharing on vio server and allocating luns to VIOS and VIOC using PowerVM hypervisor. Managed thin provisioning clients. Worked with SEA fallover.
- Installed, configured and supported Logical Partitions (LPAR/DLPAR), via HMC (Hardware Management Console). Installing and configured HMC code upgrade.
- LPM migration using LPM validation wizard and pre requirements under active and inactive LPM migration. Handled LPM in PowerHA.
- Managed and good understanding of storage related technologies such as disk and adapter attributes setup as per PowerVM/ OS /SAN requirements such as no reserve, queue depth, fast fail, dyntrk, load balancing, fallover, round robin etc.
- Configured connectivity of power path (EMC), hdlm for (Hitachi), and HP with Fiber Switches and HBA configuration connectivity to storage on VIO /VIOC / stand alone server perspective.
- Installed and worked with SDD, SDDPCM, MPIO driver and DS4000/FAStT RDAC path management software as well as storage manager client. Installed HBA /multipathing drivers.
- Configured and Managed IBM Hardware RAID units such as SSA, SAS and PCI-X SCSI Disk Arrays. Managed all supported Raid levels.
- Developed Working knowledge in IBM GPFS 3.4, 3.5 shared file systems which are running on 16 nodes AIX GPFS cluster
Confidential - Dallas, TX
Unix Systems Administrator
- Worked daily in UNIX /AIX / LINUX environment supporting Oracle RAC cluster in DB2 environment with PROD, UAT and COB servers.
- Administered and maintained internal and external servers to ensure maximum availability in a production/DR (COB) for AIX and Linux servers.
- Assisted in configuring system high availability utilizing HACMP Cluster V 5.5, V6.1 on AIX 6.1 & 7.1. Monitored Tivoli alerts and worked towards resolution.
- Worked with HACMP Cluster in DB2 Oracle RAC Environment using EMC ASM disks in Oracle RAC 11g.With LDAP requirement.
- Implemented, configured and Managed PowerVM (VIOS), Creating LPAR profile working with LPM (Live Partition Mobility) as per Citi’s CATE engineering team.
- Worked with Network installations and anaconda-ks.cfg kick start scripts for automated RedHat installations and NFS configurations.
- Worked with fdisk, sfdisk etc. file system management ext3 file system & utilities (mke2fs, e2fsck, tune2fs) physical volumes, logical volumes & volume groups extending file systems. Worked with /etc/fstab mount options and disk quota.
- Familiar with Veritas cluster server 5, Veritas Volume manager and VMware ESXi 5.
- Working knowledge of NIC bonding to provide and maintain load balancing, satellite 5.5 and VMware ESXi 5.
- Worked with system storage /HBA requirements, adding and changing physical and logical storage with mapping WWPN and Zoning.
- Participated in migration project and DR Test in change management window.
- Deployment of RHEL, OEL, and Win2K8R2 both 32 bit and 64 bit systems on VMware ESXi Hosts.
- Configuration of network services such as DNS, Samba-Winbind, Centrify, AD, SSH, and FTP
- Integration of Linux environment with Windows Active Directory using Winbind
- Integration of Linux environment with Windows Active Directory using Centrify
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and manage Centrify across Linux and Windows networks
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and manage Samba-Winbind across Linux and Windows networks
- Update kernel parameters, ulimit, cpu, processors, vmfs, and nic cards
- Creation and configuration of LVMs including PVs, VGs, and LVs
- Creation of required system users and groups for required applications such as MW, DB, and others
- Manage sudoers file and give sudo accesses to users as required
- Develop shell scripts for automatic application installations, file system management, and etc
- Troubleshoot and fix issues raised by users and programs
- Create status reports and attend team meetings to coordinate activities.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Installed, upgraded, locally and remotely using NIM, alt disk install, mksysb and applied latest fixes for AIX 5.3, 5.2 on various IBM pSeries such as p595, p570.
- Determined hardware or software issue by analyzing system with utilities and LED codes. Collected software and hardware errors from error report and system dumps for unexpected system hang halt or hardware failure.
- Coordinated with developers for software related defects and applied alternative fixes. Installs software, new hardware and user utilities for modifications and upgrades of OS patches.
- Managed remote and local users with their LVM, Kernel, system boot, ODM, BOS, audit system security, communication and configuration.
- Verified and Synchronized the HACMP cluster, configured HACMP to monitor, detect and react to failure events, making systems available.
- Configured and managed, Virtual I/O servers, Virtual Client on IBM pSeries servers. Worked with PowerVM (virtualization) under VSCSI and NPIV environment.
- Configured connectivity and multipathing software for SAN EMC, Hitachi, and HP with Fiber Switches and HBA configuration connectivity to storage on VIO /VIOC.
- Created Automated Kickstart environment for RHEL builds.
- Performed standard system administration tasks, such as troubleshooting and problem resolution, patching, installing packages using rpm and yum and up2date, drivers, software and hardware upgrades.
- Configured services such as DNS, DHCP, NFS, Sendmail, Apache Web Server, Tomcat, LAMP (Linux+Apache+Mysql+PHP), Samba, SSH, Telnet, http, RPM and YUM
- Extensively interacted with the WEB, DBA and APP teams in the process of installation, configuration and administration of new Fault Tolerant Cluster Linux servers (mostly RedHat) and VMware ESX servers on IBM, HP and Dell hardware
- Participated in server consolidation, better hardware utilization and overall utility cost reduction programs by focusing on virtualization technologies
- Storage configuration in SAN environment with DM multipath and PowerPath
- Wrote shell scripts for various system tasks such as back-ups, collecting and sorting logs, installation and monitoring, and email alerts.
- Monitor and maintain the disk space, backup systems and tape libraries and implement change controls, capacity planning and growth projections on the systems.
- Troubleshooting and isolation of problems, common symptoms, faults in a systematic manner
- Upgrading and configuring hardware including network cards, SCSI cards, HBA cards, copper and fiber cables, memory, HDD’s, CPU’s, backplanes
- Involve in Daily incident management and resolve the day to day problems raised by the users and incidents which are logged by event monitoring system.
- Consistently involved with IBM AIX escalation process based on customers’ support line contracts. Supported 24x7 mission-critical environments in rotation.