- Leader of the eCommerce Digital DevOps pipeline, a best in class DevOps environment designed for optimal development and rapid speed to market of digital applications.
- Expert in cost optimization, strategic planning, application performance, software deployment and security.
- Corporate Linchpin, running point for Senior Management, Division Business Partners.
- Emergency Response Team leader for all customer facing applications, resolving issues 24/7 with minimal revenue loss.
- Recognized as a leader and mentor, consistently providing positive experiences while still challenging team members toward excellence.
IBM UrbanCode Deploy, Anthill Pro, Jenkins, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, Akamai, Incapsula, AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, IBM Cloud Private (ICP), Dynatrace AppMon, Dynatrace One Agent, Splunk, Fortify, White Hat SAST / DAST Tool, JIRA, Agile, ITIL, SDLC, Java, J2EE, Servlet, EJB, JDBC, Junit, REST/SOAP UI - Web services, Apache Tomcat 6+, DB2, Rational Rose, IBM WebSphere 6.1, IBM WebSphere 8.5
Confidential, Park Ridge, NJ
Sr. Director DevOps Digital
- Managed 14 customer facing applications (.java and .net) in 38 languages, serving 241 countries and over 300,000 unique visitors daily generating $3 billion in revenue.
- Migrated 90 domains from Akamai to Incapsula CDN and saving the company $1 million yearly.
- Assessed and spearheaded the cost optimization for eCommerce team and reduced monthly cost by 30%.
- Created Web DevOps team to drive improvements in user experience, performance, monitoring and security for our digital application.
- Took steps to embrace DevSecOps by integrating WhiteHat s static application security testing (SAST) and dynamic application security testing (DAST) throughout software lifecycle. Achieved goals of reducing risks due to application vulnerabilities, while keeping budgets in check and meeting project schedules.
- Operationally managed Global Content Management Systems (AEM and Interwoven) for the customer facing applications.
- Engaged in a constant dialogue with my peers, advisers, consultants, team members, and partners.
Director Operations eCommerce
- Successfully led and directed the work of the Release/Operations team on and off - shore to ensure quality and productive contribution to the team.
- Maintained a high level of service availability. Performed quality reviews, managed operations, and operational issues.
- Identified opportunities for automation and optimization and led the incremental adoption into the delivery to improve productivity, quality, and innovation.
- Planned, scheduled, and managed software upgrades/patches for eCommerce applications/systems without impacting releases.
- Oversaw any new project tasks needed to support deployment timelines and methods.
- Facilitated yearly goal-level creation for the broader function to ensure the goals cascade to the team.
- Improved Operational efficiency by streamlining communications to key stakeholders and providing necessary training for the team members.
Manager eCommerce Releases
- Created dedicated Release team function within eCommerce, the first in Confidential .
- Led the effort of moving Releases toward a more continuous automation with eCommerce as the company s first adopters.
- Reduced Build/Deployment time to QA environment by 50%.
- Developed the Hertz standard Deployment governance, process tools and templates for application deployment plans.
- Established and facilitated release meetings with key stakeholders (Project Managers, Architects, BAs, QAs, DBAs, Infrastructure team members).
- Tracked each Release from the time it was created until completed.
- Validated release notes are updated for all projects and summarized and communicated to business, senior management, and web support desk.
- Ensured readiness of IT Operations for the support of Go - live events and Post-Go live support along with the application teams.
- Trained team members on deployment automation software called Anthill Pro.
- Ensured that the Hertz's release controls are documented and well understood by development Teams and Application Support Teams.
- Ensured that the architecture and infrastructure on which the application will be deployed are robust and stable.
- Worked with application leaders and process owners to define the best methods and practices to improve application release cycle time.
Associate Manager Java Architect/Releases
- Created Ant Scripts in RAD (rational application developer) to export the EARs and properties file to a specific folder for releases.
- Conducted a release retrospective with all the development team members that participated in the program to improve the release process and increase program productivity and product quality.
- Imported and Deployed Artifacts (EARs, properties.zip) in Interwoven to Qual, Staging and Production environments.
- Coordinated with the necessary teams to validate that the applications have been correctly packaged before deployment and ensure that all release controls have been satisfied.
- Launched eCommerce website www.hertz.com on Websphere.
Sr. Java Architect
- Developed requirements and specifications on the path to implementing a CRM system into the organization.
- Prepared technical artifacts including UML Class diagrams, Sequence diagrams using Rational Rose
- Involved in analysis and development of a fully globalized website to replace individually maintained local language websites.
- Worked closely with infrastructure team to understand and ensure the correct software and tools are in place to manage the infrastructure.
- Responsible for enhancement and automation of the Formulary department s Internal projects by analyzing existing database using Access and Excel.
- Updated formulary files on AS400 mainframe using Rumba application.
- Developed servlet code for JDBC - ODBC Bridge connection.
- Performed complex data analysis and demonstrated logical and creative thinking for departmental projects.