- Over 11+ years of IT experience specialized in UNIX System Administration and cloud computing design and architect.
- Expert in build, installation, configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Confidential AIX, Linux and Solaris, Vmware ESXi 4.5, 5.5,6.0 and 6.5 6.0, AWS Cloud Computing and Configuration Management Tools ( Puppet, Ansible etc).
- Good hands - on experience of managing all aspects of system administration functions from initial provisioning to application deployments to performance tuning and troubleshooting to production support.
- Experience in Planning, Design, Road maps, and POC implementations for AWS Cloud technologies.
- Experience in migrating and managing multiple applications from on premise to cloud using AWS services like S3, Glacier, EC2,, SNS, SQS, Lambda Functions, Cloud Formation, VPC etc.
- Created EC2 instances in AWS clouds for Dev, QA and Production environment.
- Experience in version control tool GIT and GITHUB implementation and setup from scratch.
- Experience in creating Jenkins CI pipelines.
- Worked on configuration management and software automation deployment tools like Jenkins, Ansible and Puppet.
- Installed and managed several Confidential AIX systems which include disk management, user management, network management, performance management, test and development projects running on AIX 7.1/6.1/5.3.
- Installation, configuration and administration of RedHat Linux, centOS, Ubantu and and SuSe servers.
- Hands on experience with the patch management on Linux systems YUM for Red Hat systems.
- Managing LVM, VVM, File systems, SRC and swap space management, restore and availability on UNIX systems.
- Installation and configuration of LPAR’s with AIX 5.3, 6.1 and 7.1 on p5, p7 and Blade servers.
- Installation and configuration of VIO 2.1 and 2.2 Servers on 570,590,750, 785, 795 and Blade servers.
- Administering and troubleshooting of Power HA, GPFS and Veritas Storage Foundation, SRDF and VCS clustered systems.
- Experience in setting up of password less authentication for sftp, scp and ftp file transfers.
- Extensive experience working with Linux and AIX Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating Physical volumes, logical volumes, creating and resizing file systems.
- Installation of patches, security fixes, e-fixes, packages on AIX, Sun Solaris, Linux Servers.
- Experienced in configuration and administration of NFS and handling automount.
- Installed and Configured Web Sphere Application Servers, SAP, DB2, Oracle etc. on Linux and AIX.
- Research/investigating potential solutions, testing potential solutions, providing recommended solution and Implementing approved solution.
- Security Hardening and Maintaining Systems Audit Compliant.
- Adding network printers and conducting day-to-day system administration, including backup/recovery in NAS environments.
- Experience in handling annual DR test.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Tiered Network, CSS load balancers, Global Switch Selector (GSS), Firewalls, network switches, NAT and troubleshooting issues related to Load balancer and Firewalls.
- Experienced in SAN management and migration.
- Experienced in Hardware management on UNIX systems
- Experienced in writing scripts Korn Shell (ksh) and python.
- Strong Technical Background, efficient in debugging TSM Hardware and Software problems.
- Experience in Netbackup and TSM backup and recovery.
- Excellent client relation skills and the drive to complete tasks effectively and efficiently where customer services and technical skills are demanded as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and the client community.
Servers: Confidential POWER5 (p550, p570), POWER6 (p575, p595), POWER 7 (p740, p770,p795) and Confidential Blade servers (HS21 and JS21), HP BladeSystem C700,Dell,R910,720.
Cloud: AWS and Microsoft Azure
Operating Systems: Confidential AIX (5L, 6.1 and 7.1), Linux (RHEL 5,6 and 7), centOS, ubantu and Solaris 10
Virtualization: POWERVM ( VIOS 1.5, 2.1, 2.2), Micro-partitioning, Shared Processor Pools, Virtual adapters, Shared Ethernet Adapters (SEA), Virtual SCSI, NPIV, Live Partition Mobility, Active Memory Sharing, Active Memory Expansion.
Clustering Software: HACMP/POWER HA, General Parallel File System (GPFS), SRDF, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0 and 6.0 and Veritas Storage Foundation.
Storage: Disk Storage Subsystems, Confidential DS4800, Confidential DS5100, EXP810, EXP5000, Confidential XIV, Hitachi and EMC SAN arrays (VMax and VNX)
Backup and Recovery Software: Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM 5.5, 6.3), Tivoli Data Protection (TDP) for RMAN using TSM, Cristie Bare Metal Recovery (CBMR)
Problem and Change Management tools: Manage Now, Service Now, Infoman, IMPACT, HP-Service Desk and Remedy.
DevOps Tools: Puppet 3.x,4.x, Chef v12,v11, Ansible, GIT, GITHUB and Jenkins.
Confidential, Irving, TX.
Sr. Unix/Cloud System Administrator
- Worked as a solution architect along with Application for building and improving current and new servers as per various business requirements.
- Working on various AWS services like S3, EC2, ECS, Cloud trail, VPC, RDS, Route 53, SNS, SQS and Lambda functions.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, EFS, ECS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation using JSON templates.
- Created AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, Subnets, EC2 instances and ELB
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Worked on Amazon AWS IAM Service: IAM Policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS Access Keys and Multi factor Authentication (MFA).
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, cloud front CDN, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Defined AWS Security Groups that control the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Automate infrastructure provisioning on AWS using Ansible and Puppet.
- Tracing build problems, release issues and Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using CI Tools like GIT, GITHUB, Jenkins and Maven.
- Involved in writing Playbook and YAML file for Ansible Deployment purpose.
- Worked in setting up project baselines, branching, merging and taking regular backups of the source in GIT and GitHub.
- Implementing a Continuous delivery pipeline with Jenkins, Maven and GitHub.
- Worked on Continuous Integration tools to perform software build, run shell scripts, archive the build results, Cron jobs, monitors execution steps using Jenkins.
- Worked on different merging conflicts and pushes appropriate code into GitHub repository.
- Set up Git repositories and SSH Keys application teams.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux and AIX machines.
- Deploying Linux VMs using Templates, clones, snapshot and export/Import.
- Automated Linux installation using kickstart scripts.
- Installed and configured Red Hat Servers on Vsphere, Installed VMware ESXi 5, VM Templates, cloning, resource management and managing Snapshots.
- Performed installation, configuration, administration and support of Linux servers running Red Hat enterprise Linux 5.x, 6.x, SuSE 9, 10, 11 both Virtual as VMware clients and Bare Metal installation on physical hardware.
- Deploying Linux VMs using Templates, clones, snapshot and export/Import.
- Configured network bonding on Linux machines.
- Installing and updating packages using YUM (custom YUM servers/repositories) and Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Responsible for installation of new packages and patching of Linux servers on regular basis using online and local RHN repositories using yum update tool.
- Installed, configured and managed Veritas Storage Foundation, VCS and GPFS clusters.
- Responsible for Confidential power system life cycle management including procurement, racking, cabling, building virtualized environments, migrating current LPAR's and building new LPAR's.
- Built and installed Dual VIO Servers on p8, p7 and p770,750,795 servers.
- Created Virtual SCSI NPIV and SEA adapters with Failover and Shared Modes.
- Migrated to Aix 6.1, 7.1 from 5.3 and VIO Servers to VIO 2.2 from older versions.
- Worked on setting up Live Partition Mobility across systems.
- Extensively used Active Memory Expansion and Active memory sharing.
- Created Virtual SCSI, NPIV server and client adapters.
- Mapped the disks from the SAN using vscsi and NPIV.
- Adding and Deleting Dynamic resources allocation for LPAR using HMC.
- Installing and configuring new HMC to 7.7 to hook up p7 servers.
- Hardware trouble shooting including replacing failed hardware on Power systems.
- Installation and configuration of LDAP agent on all AIX and Linux servers
- Managing and creating functional users and groups on all AIX and Linux servers.
- Troubleshooting and resolving all kind of System, Network and Apps Incidents.
- Configured volume groups and file systems using SRDF on production and DR site.
- Dynamically added removed resource groups in a HA cluster
- Configuring and administration of NIM server and NIM clients.
- Experience in installing new software, fixes/patches on AIX
- Planned and setup Disaster Recovery for business critical application.
- Installed, configure and supported multipath software on Linux systems connected to SAN via Fiber Channel adapters, configured and supported iSCSI storage blocks, NFS and Centera.
- Executed Project-Plans involving several server deployments and decommissions.
- Worked for annual Disaster Recovery exercises and involved in Pre-DR meetings.
- Installed and upgraded multipath sddpcm, EMC odm and Powerpath drivers.
- Installed and configured oracle RAC.
- Keeping the servers in Sox Compliance.
- Performed regular security hardening on AIX, Solaris and Linux servers.
- Developed and implemented complex Shell Scripts for automation.
- Coordinate with Websphere, DBA’s, users, developers and vendors.
- Installation Technological Level, Service packs and security fixes on servers.
- Performance tuning of I/O, Network for UNIX systems running Applications like SAP, Oracle, Websphere.
- Database Monitoring for usage capacity and performance.
- Worked Closely with Confidential, Red Hat, Symantec and Other vendors to resolve Hardware and Software Issue’s.
- Installed Configured freeware and third party software’s upon approved requests from application teams.
- Actively involved in use of ITIL processes such as Change Management, Incident management and reporting.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools like Tivoli ITM, ESM etc.
- Installed daily monitoring scripts along with process specific monitoring for key events such as application latency. Studied the resources performance issues using various utilities like TOP, NMON, SAR, vmstat, iostat, setup the alerts and notification via SNMP.
- Configured and managed NDM file transfers.
- Worked with team on maintaining ISO standards and meeting various SOX and ICFR Compliances.
- Worked actively on the following projects.
- SAN Migration (VMAX and VNX Migration)
- Migrating on premises applications to AWS cloud
- Yearly Server/Hardware Replenishment.
- P7 and Physical to Virtual Migrations
- Hardware Decommissioning.
- Load Shifting and disaster recovery.
- Provide 24x7 on call support on weekly rotation basis.
Confidential, Greenville, SC.
UNIX Systems Administrator
- Installation, maintenance and administration of AIX 5.1, 5.2, 5.3 and 6.1. On pSeries servers.
- Responsible for all aspects of AIX System Administration and support for all RS-6000 servers and pSeries servers like p570, p590, p595 etc. Which includes OS installation and upgrade, OS problem resolution, application of OS fixes installation of application.
- System administration including user, system & group management, system updates, performance monitoring, backup/recovery, disk & storage management.
- Software, administration of user accounts, system configuration, troubleshooting, system monitoring, system tuning, security updates, hardware maintenance, disk usage maintenance etc.
- Disk Management including migrating partitions, replacing disk, mirroring, unmirroring the disk etc.
- File systems management including file system corruption check in maintenance mode.
- Installation and configuration of LPAR’s.
- LPAR planning and virtualization.
- Created lppsource and spot from the AIX media.
- Included upgrading NIM server, creating the SPOT, lppsource & mksysb NIM resources.
- Installed and configured VIO server via HMC.
- Administering and troubleshooting of AIX HACMP Cluster.
- Migration of HACMP 5.3, 6.1 and 7.1
- Extensive use of LVM, creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes.
- Made use of the NIM utilities to push out software maintenance and program fixes to the entire fleet of systems keeping the System software releases current and also applied Microcode/ Firmware upgrade.
- Confidential RS/6000 SP System Software Maintenance, AIX System Dump Generation and sending System Dump to AIX System Support Center.
- Predefined and Customized Volume Group management on AIX.
- Installation and Administration of TIVOLI Service Desk.
- Disk Replacement Strategy on AIX.
- Installing and configuring Websphere application server and maintain documentation
- Performance Management & Tuning of AIX UNIX Kernel.
- Installation/administration of AIX, Linux and NT/2000 Servers on a LAN, setting up optimal RAID levels (fault tolerance) for protected data storage in NAS environments.
- Install and configure DHCP, DNS (BIND, MS), web (Apache, IIS), mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP3), and file servers.
- Defined and setup network printers, and install client/server applications. Define/setup network protocols, Network File Services (NFS), and Network Information Services (NIS).
- Security, users, groups administration and daily backup and restore operations.
- Network trouble shooting, performance, and resource monitoring.
- Maintaining updated documentation of all the Servers and the installed applications.