- 7 Years of experience in IT industry with imperative concentration in Infrastructure automation, code migration, Configuration Management and system administration and a strong technical background in deploying and maintaining the AWS Cloud Platform. Expert in Devops tools such as Docker, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Maven, ANT, SVN, GIT etc., Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and CVS on UNIX and windows environment.
- Well versed with AWS Cloud services like EC2, VPC, IAM, RDS, ELB, EMR, ECS, Auto - Scaling, S3, Cloud Front, Glacier, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, Elastic Cache, Route53, Ops Works, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, RedShift, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, SES, Lambda, CognitoIAM. Design, installation, configuration, maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting of servers running on Red Hat enterprise Linux6.x/5.x, Solaris 10, 11 and IBM AIX 6.1/5.x
- Experienced in Provisioning AWS EC2 instances with Auto scaling groups, Load Balancers in a newly defined VPC
- Experience in changing over existing AWS infrastructure to Serverless architecture through the creation of a Serverless Architecture using Lambda& Kinesis, API gateway, Route53, S3 buckets.
- Expert in identifying and gathering requirements to define a solution to be build and operated on AWS
- Experienced in AWS services to deploy static websites and dynamic Webapps on EC2 using ElasticBeanstalk and Elastic Container Service- Docker.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control, and Bamboo for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in deploying services including Jenkins and Nexus on Docker using Terraform.
- Good knowledge in automating the release process of products using shell/Ruby scripts and build process using Ant/Maven, Jenkins/Bamboo, and Nexus.
- Experience in Chef modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services and well versed with creation of Chef profiles and role modules.
- Well versed with Ansible Playbooks, modules and roles and experienced in writing Ansible scripts and heavy Shell, Perl, Python, and JSON scripting.
- Expertise in writing Python scripts for continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) process implementation automate routine jobs to automate routine jobs and writing Python Scripts to automate services on AWS (Cloud formation as an example).
- Well versed with various Devops tools (Terraform, Vagrant, Packer, etc.) to assist in building Convergex's AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Proficient with container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes, worked with Terraform.
- Experience in creating Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Experienced with Docker container service And Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Dockerfile.
- Expert with Version Control Systems like Perforce, SVN (Subversion), GIT.
- Expertise in performing SVN to GIT/BitBucket migration and managed branching strategies using GIT flow workflow. Managed User access control, Triggers, workflows, hooks, security and repository control in BitBucket.
- Came across various defect tracking tools - JIRA, FogBUGZ, Clearquest, Bugzilla and have.
- Experience in Installing, Configuring, Managing the Monitoring Tools such as Splunk, Nagios for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Worked on various operating systems including Windows 98/XP/NT/2000/2003, UNIX, LINUX(RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS),RHEL 7, and MAC-OSX
Programming Languages: C, Shell, Python, Ruby,Java,C++
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP/2003/2000, LINUX, RHEL,Unix
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Web logic, Apache, Nginx, JBOSS, WSO2
Version control: GitHub, Subversion, Perforce
CI Tools: Jenkins, Perforce.
CM/Provisioning Tools: Chef, Maven
Database: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle DB 10g and 11g.
Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch, Log stash, Kibana, Splunk, Nagios
Virtualization Technologies: VMware, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Lambda.
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation AWS Config, S3, Autoscaling, Cloud Trail, VMWare, Riak, Terraform, CFT.
Application Servers: Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Worked with various teams to Setup and built AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Configured auto scaling in customized VPC, based on elastic load balancer (ELB) traffic and using ELB health check to trigger auto scaling actions. Used Terraform as Infrastructure as a code to build the infrastructure on AWS.
- Migrated present Linux environment to AWS by creating and executing a migration plan, deployed EC2 instances in VPC, configured security groups & NACL's, attached profiles and roles using AWS Cloud Formation templates and Ansible modules.
- Worked with various teams to support and optimize the AWS cloud infrastructure for production, staging and development environments, troubleshoot performance issues, and resolve production issues. Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/ Ubuntu) and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- This is a DevOps role to convert existing AWS infrastructure to Server-less architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Ansible.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB to perform basic database administration. Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins for deployment and build management system.
- Involved in container management using Docker by writing Docker files and enforced setting up the automated build on Docker HUB and worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes
- Used Jenkins pipelines to drive all micro services builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes, Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Extensively worked on GIT as a source code management and Configured GIT with Jenkins and scheduled jobs using Poll SCM option along with creating subversion/Git repositories and various branches in SVN/GIT, merged from development branch to release branch, also created tags for releases.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Involved in Architect, build and maintain Highly Available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure utilizing Chef with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Written some Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments and automated infrastructure provisioning occasionally with Terraform and Packer in place of Chef and even automated the image build process using Packer.
- Involved in the centralized logging and monitoring stack of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana to build real time monitoring dashboards to ensure high availability of the Cloud Control Plane
Environment: AWS(EC2, Route 53, S3, VPC, EBS, Autoscaling),Jenkins,Docker,Jira,GIT, Nagios,Ruby,Python,Shell Scripts, Unix/ Linux environment.
AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Worked with various teams to Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Involved in supporting cloud instances running Linux and Windows on AWS, experience with Elastic IP, Security Groups and Virtual Private Cloud in AWS.
- Used Bootstrap Script for launching large number of instances in AWS and utilized AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Experience in changing over existing AWS infrastructure to Serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) through the creation of a Serverless Architecture using Lambda, API gateway, Route53, S3 buckets.
- Used Ansible for configuration management of hosted Instances within AWS Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)and designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Handled setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ Centos Atomic Host, Docker images (Centos, RHEL and Ubuntu instances). Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Kubernetes. Used Docker Swarm and deployed spring boot applications.
- Deployed Java applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process. Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline. This primarily consists of a Jenkins and Vagrant for the infrastructure to run these packages and various supporting software components such as Maven, etc.
- Implemented Jenkins Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS and used to automate the build process and deploy the application to Tomcat server.
- Integrated JIRA with AtlassianConfluence and Ansible. Performed acceptance testing, if the software is good, archiving the files into clearcase and informing the software testing department.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud watch and Route 53),GIT, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Docker,Ansible, Splunk, Jira, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Ruby .
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3 based automation through Ansible, Python and Bash Scripts and Adopted new features as they were released by Amazon, including ELB & EBS.
- Responsible for Deployment Automation using multiple tools Ansible, Jenkins, GIT, Maven Scripts.
- Involved in migration of Artifactory from docker registry. Developed a python script that allows access tokens of artifactory to send images from docker registry and from ECS clusters.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and schedule jobs using POLL SCM option and integrated to automate the code checkout process.
- Scripting of administration tasks using CLI, Power Shell, Shell and Ruby and built upstream and downstream jobs in Jenkins to build and deploy onto different environments.
- Worked with Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages. Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Used Jenkins to automate everyday builds, testing and deployed in antifactory and tomcat servers and also built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies and responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules
- Involved in version controlling using GIT and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
Environment: Unix, Linux, Shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, AWS (IAM, EBS), Jira, Git, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Ansible, Agile, Scrum.
Build & Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Deployed Chef for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Implemented Chef modules for server housekeeping.
- Actively involved in architecting the Chef infrastructure to manage servers in different environments.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build and release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Maintained and modified build related scripts developed in ANT (build.xml files).
- Developed build and deployment scripts and used Maven tools in Bamboo to span from one environment to other.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Participated in execution of client meetings and internal Ruby development projects and codes for testing services on daily basis.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Stash and Jira. Managed Splunk search construction with ability to create well-structured search queries that minimize performance impact
- Worked on Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- User, Group creation, monitoring and maintaining log for system status/health using Linux commands and Nagios system monitor.
- Handled developing and testing enterprise products with the team, and with current focus on cloud based application and giving solution to challenges imposed by multi data center deployed SaaS products and their needs for DevOps tools and automation.
Environment: SVN, GIT, Chef, Maven, Bamboo, WebLogic, TOMCAT, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Ruby Scripts, XML, Unix,JIRA, Nagios.
- Administered, maintained Red Hat, OS Applications & Network problems, and performance issues.
- Deployed latest patches for, Linux and Application servers, performed Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
- Involved in installation, configuration, recovery,maintenance,Support of Red hat Linux &windows environments.
- Created and managed security, disk space and process monitoring in Red hat Linux
- Implemented installation and configuration of Apache HTTP Server and involved in configuration of Virtual Hosts for Apache HTTP Server.
- Handled the configuration of DNS, DHCP, NFS, FTP, remote access, Security management and Security trouble shooting skills. Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities Configured Sendmail.
- Creating LDOMs, installing Solaris, creating volumes, installing packages.
- Installed and Configured RedHat 3/4/5 on Intel and AMD hardware.
- Involved in installing and configuring Red Hat/Centos using Kick Start server and managed upgrading and migrating to newer versions.
- Implemented Linux Kernel tuning for web, database and application servers.
Environment: Red hat 3/4,Solaris,CentOS,Apache, Subversion (SVN), SCM, MAVEN, Shell (bash), Java/J2EE, Linux, SQL, Ruby.