Leadership position with a technical team supporting mid to large networks.
- With over 30 years experience in the digital electronics field, I have demonstrated an ability to Identify and correct problems in today’s computer systems and networks.
- Enjoy the challenge of problem resolution in the modern IT environment.
- While traveling worldwide, have developed ability to plan and work independently.
- Expertise in remote access and remote administration of critical client systems.
- With many years working with the Confidential and Confidential, I understand the Federal Governments policies and practices for secure systems.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Systems Administrator - Data Backup and Recovery Specialist
- Manage/Support Large Air Force AFNCR network with over 400 servers and 12,000 users.
- Provide Active Directory management. User, Group, Security Policy, Print devices.
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 Support, mailbox creation, Organizational Mailboxes. BB Support.
- Automated scripting, server and workstation patching, Security compliance w/ Confidential
- Enterprise Backups and disaster recovery utilizing CommVault and EMC AVAMAR Software tools.
- Blackberry Enterprise server management.
- Microsoft Office Communicator (OCS) server support.
- Manage Microsoft Clustered file servers, SQL servers and IIS servers.
- Symantec & McAfee Antivirus Enterprise management.
- Support the Air force 844CG Communications and Medical groups at JBAB and JBA AFB, MD.
- Support Helpdesk DSA’s and Military CSA’s as needed.
- Server health monitoring with Microsoft SCOM (System Center Operations Manager).
- Patch management using MS SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager).
- Print server management with the new Windows 2008/20012 Print manager.
- Server builds from OS load, Confidential Security STIGS, Application install.
- VMware virtualization servers.
- DHCP IP subnet management.
- Batch file, Visual Basic Script, and PowerShell, scripting experience
- Experience with Remedy Ticket systems and metrics.
Confidential, Arlington, Virginia
Remote Access Network Engineer
- Provide the client secure remote access to sensitive data through public web access.
- Implement encryption system for tracking, control, and integrity of secure devices.
- Provide training and documentation to client on remote access principles and procedures.
- Using remote software (Dameware), connected to client systems for remote help sessions.
- Managed VTC (Video-Tele-Conference) schedule, setup, and test for secure links for the Confidential Joint Staff and Comptroller.
- Provide network administration support including account creation, Access control, and tape backup. Document in a SoP, Statement of Purpose format.
- Provide support to Tier I analysts for escalated client issues.
Sr. Systems Support Analyst
- Provide configuration control and support to the Confidential Comptroller network at the Pentagon.
- Experience using “REMEDY” call tracking systems.
- Automate S/W installation using utilities such as Microsoft SMS, Symantec Ghost, Windows Group Policies and other custom designed programs to guarantee quality.
Confidential, Falls Church, Virginia
Sr. Systems Trainer/Analyst
- Assembly, installation, configuration, networking, troubleshooting, and testing of all hardware and software components of a worldwide Confidential LAN, which includes NT servers and workstations running Oracle client/server products.
- Provide database conversions from older legacy systems to an ORACLE based database format. Consulted with State Deparment Officers to correct data integrity issues.
- Coordinate and conduct system administration and end-user training for Embassy staff, (ranging from 2 to 25 personnel), on Windows NT Administration, Microsoft Office, and Modernized Consular Affairs applications.
- Worked with Database developers to implement client change requests (CCRs) by assisting in the design of the PowerBuilder interface and testing of modified application.
- Provide both on-site and remote user support following training.
- Provide on-site support, and system and course evaluation after the training phase.
- Perform Y2K upgrades and training.
Confidential, Chantilly, Virginia
- Responsible for ensuring orders are correctly integrated. Performed quality control checks on orders in sales order processing system.
- Acted as POC for sales to the service integration department. Assisted technicians in resolving hardware/software problems. 4 years.
- Developed automated software distribution system using Visual Basic and Borland C++.
Technical Support Representative
- Provided 24-hour hardware/software support to customers.
- Resolved compatibility issues involving CPU BIOS’s, hardware resource setting, and software conflicts.
- Applied troubleshooting skills to isolate hardware failures.
- Answered questions regarding operating systems and applications, including DOS 6.22, Windows 3.1, WFWG, Win95, NT 4.0/3.51also many applications including the MS Office suite.
- Gained experience in interacting with customers directly.
- Sharpened phone skills. 2 years.
- Resolved failures in PC's and peripherals. Gained hands-on experience in identifying and correcting problems.
- Acquired many hardware certifications from leading manufactures.
Confidential, Greenbelt, MD
Communications Equipment Analyst
- Part of a customer support team responsible for repair and maintenance of computer equipment.
- Provided software/hardware support and systems administration training for UNIX based Intel 310/320 systems and DOS based PC's and compatibles.
- Also provided software development in CP/M, MS-DOS, SCO UNIX using applications such as Lotus 123, Dbase III+, Enable, WordPerfect, MultiMate, iDis and XENIX products.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Duties included repairing and maintaining all digital and computer equipment in the plant.
- Initially performed integration of new systems to troubleshooting and correcting problems with online diagnostics and test equipment.
- Learned techniques for repairing circuit boards, aligning disk drive heads, and preventive maintenance.