- Solutions focused proactive and industrious DevOps Engineer and offering 6 years of diverse experience poised to transition solid background in Information Technology major focus on Release Management, Software Development, Configuration, Build and Release Engineering, DevOps and Automating Infrastructure.
- Experience in building, scaling and orchestrating environment, handling deployment and automation.
- Experience on working with Docker containers infrastructure and Continuous Integration for building and deploying Docker containers.
- Administered Jenkins continuous integration, server installation and configuration, to automate application packaging and deployments.
- Implemented Puppet Master, Puppet Console, and Puppet Agents. Created Puppet modules and Classes.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, BugZilla and ServiceNow for handling incidents and change tasks.
- Good experience on Amazon AWS IAM Service: IAM Policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS Access Keys and MFA.
- Hands on experience in AWS provisioning of AWS services like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, RDS, Autoscaling groups, Cloud Formation, SNS, and SQS.
- Experience working on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Implemented rapid - provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2, Chef, Gerrit and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Extensively worked on Bamboo and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all Build and deployments.
- Created Cloud Formation templates to automate EC2 instances. Design user's credentials and profiles using AWS IAM and Secrets like pem files and application license keys were handled by Secrets Manager in Amazon.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems such Git, GitHub.
- Server, and WebSphere Application Server on Red Hat Linux
- Good Knowledge of using different protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS
- Excellent knowledge of Client/Server architecture, OSI layers, TCP/IP networks
- Good understanding of Network Topology (LAN/WAN/Subnets/VPN/Firewalls)
- Building, Automating, Deploying, and Release of Code and expertise in AWS Cloud platform with hands on EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, Mongo DB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, and Route53.
- Experience in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs) and Deploying and Working on web application with Apache Tomcat Server on Amazon EC2.
- Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms.
- Creating CloudWatch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Experience on monitoring tools like Nagios and NewRelic.
- Implementing and setting up Route 53 for AWS Web Instances & ELB &CloudFront on AWS Environment.
- Configuring and maintaining web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web.
- TCP/IP networking, Network zoning, switching, routing, Network latency/Buffer Tuning.
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, Centos, RedHat) and Windows and Amazon Linux 2
Web and Middleware: Tomcat, F5 Load Balancers, WebSphere
CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Maven, GIT, ANT, Docker, Vagrant and Nagios, NewRelic
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgre SQL, DynamoDB
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SOAP, SNMP, DNS, TELNET, HTTP and HTTPS.
Configure Management: Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
Test and Build tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Bamboo
Version control: GitHub and BitBucket
AWS Cloud: Compute, Storage, Networking, Database, Networking & Content Delivery and Management Tools.
Other Cloud: Open Stack and GCP
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Involved in setting up the new environment for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) in agile software methodology.
- Used Amazon Elastic Beanstalk, automatically handling the deployment, from capacity provisioning, load balancing and auto-scaling along with SQS, SNS, SWF services to application health monitoring.
- Installing/Configuring/Administering/Monitoring of Subversion/GitHub Enterprise, WAS (WebSphere Application Server) and Jenkins on RHEL Linux 7.0 environment.
- Creating Docker images from scratch and customizing them as per the requirement, along with that working on Docker containers, directory structure and removing Docker images.
- Setting up Continuous Integration environment using Jenkins and set the new Jenkins server and slave machines to support machines to support.
- Worked with build pipeline set up for Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment using Jenkins/Jenkins Enterprise.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker and integration of Jenkins with Jira/GitHub.
- Implementation of Mongo DB security mechanisms with various authentications and well versed with Software Development Lifecycle process and integrating with DevOps Tool Chain.
- Worked on the MongoDB data base Modelling along with the API technical design.
- Implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Ansible.
- Working with Development Team Leads and Testing team to establish a build schedule, execute the builds and troubleshoot build failures, if any. Also, worked closely with them in Merging after each release
Environment: RedHat Linux, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker, Chef, Ant, Jira, AWS- EC2, S3, Mongo DB, Dynamo DB, EBS, ELB, VPC, Cloud Watch, IAM, SNS, SQS, Route53, AWS CLI, Auto Scaling, Shell Scripting, Redshift, Apache servers, Linux servers
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
DevOps - Release Engineer
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (e.g. JBoss, WebSphere, Tomcat)
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and lifecycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Amazon EC2 and custom Bash scripts .
- Auto scaling groups, CloudWatch, CloudFront , IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon Images.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers, Route 53, SES and SNS in the defined virtual private connection.
- Creating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Installed, Setup and configure various Jenkins jobs for application deployments, test cases execution.
- Maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, SES and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and creating security groups and access control lists to associate with the networks
Environment: Jenkins, Puppet, Maven, Docker, Git, AWS - EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, VPC, Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, IAM, Route53, SQS, SNS, Agile, Apache servers, Linux servers
Confidential, Peachtree City, GA
- Worked on designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB) and auto scaling groups.
- Used EC2 container service to implement Dockers to build and deploy files.
- Worked with optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Worked with IAM in order to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) including EC2, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS.
- Administrator and Architect of Cloud platforms (AWS) .
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Oracle DB cluster.
- Wrote scripts in Bash.
- Experience in managing virtual instances and disks using Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used the Docker files to build, ship and run distributed containers as a part of Cloud Build.
- Used Jenkins for continuous deployment and integration of the build and release process.
- Worked on powerDNS on the AWS cloud and maintained it with MYSQL database
Environment : Puppet, Docker, Web server, Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Glacier, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM, SNS