For over 11 years I have provided consulting and engineering with a broad range of technology including 9 years of leadership and senior technical experience in Cloud, Data Center, and IT environments. Result - driven, I can lead organizations and IT teams to success.
Cloud: Amazon Web Services
Operating Systems: Windows Server ( )
Operating Systems: Windows (XP,7,8,10)
Operating Systems: Linux (Ubuntu, RHEL 6-7, CentOS)
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Integrate with DevOps teams to help them transform into DevSecOps teams.
- Develop re-usable Ansible, Terraform, and CloudFormation cloud security-based templates
- Ensured that security requirements and considerations are woven into the development of each system
- Review and interpret Systems Security Plans
- Review cloud services and provide recommendations on agency approval
- Identify gaps in system compliance against NIST controls
- Provide recommendations to achieve security compliance
- Conduct security engineering reviews of systems that are preparing for ATO assessment
Confidential, Leesburg, VA
- Daily management of an AWS Data Center Migration for a federal client.
- Responsible for design and technical changes within AWS
- Manage and change AWS infrastructure as code through Terraform
- Automation of infrastructure using Ansible/Jenkins
- Assist developer team with custom requests
Senior Cloud Engineer
Confidential, Waldorf, MD
- Daily Overall Management of AWS Environment for a Federal Client.
- Responsible for Overall Design and Technical Changes within AWS
- Launch/Size New EC2 Instances
- Manage Route 53 DNS Entries
- Manage AutoScaling of Web Tier
- Create Lambda Functions for automation
- Assist the Developer Team with custom requests
- Daily Windows System Administration
- Citrix XenApp/Desktop System Administration
- Documentation and Drawings to Support FISMA/Design/Good IT Practice
- Client Billing Reporting and Review
- Responsible for RFP Designs including Migrations to Cloud and Cloud-Native Designs
Data Center/Technical Manager
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Provided Hybrid Management and Technical Leadership responsible for engineering client solutions and handing off completed solutions/programs to junior level staff.
- Designed and managed a federal government agency's disaster recovery program and data center.
- Designing Proof of Concepts and replicating client issues in VM's and AWS.
- Engineered and Maintained an Exchange Conversion to Google Apps
- Serve as overall Technical Engineer and final escalation point.
- Organize and negotiate contacts with outside vendors and relationships.
- Hold meetings with direct reports on a routine basis regarding project planning, personal performance, and training.
- Meet directly with federal agency POC's and review project performance, KPI's, SLA Reports.
- Managing a government agency's FISMA Compliant Security Program.
- Writing Operational and IT Program Documentation.