- I'm a senior extra - net security engineer with experience in technical support roles from PC hardware support to global network security solutions and a member of the Confidential ’s Infragard security group.
- I have worked on 7 global network design changes, 2 data center moves to the cloud, 3 successful large scale software roll outs to a 6000+ customer base and managed 125 firewalls while exceeding customer satisfaction goals. s available on my Linkedin page.
Software: Wireshark ADAM / LDAP RADIUS/TACACS+, HP OpenView WEP WPA WPA2 Juniper NSM, Junos Screen OS Fortinet 5.4
Hardware: Cisco 1700/1800/2600 routers Juniper SSG/SRX firewalls Network Printers, Cisco PIX /ASA firewalls TCP/IP WAN / LAN, Cisco Catalyst Switches Fortinet Firewalls 60/90/1500D NAS, Blue Coat Proxy 910/930 FortiManager / Analyzer Pulse Connect
Senior Network Security Engineer
- Called back to handle VPN moves and Firewall / Proxy changes during the handover.
Senior Network Security Engineer
- Assess, design, configure and maintain Public Internet/Extra-net and remote site firewall services.
- Administered global HA proxy configuration.
- Administered global remote SSL VPN access.
- Perform change implementation activity of customer initiated firewall service requests
- Perform firewall troubleshooting / resolution of customer reported incidents.
- Creation and version control of related documentation and network (firewall) diagrams.
- Creation of operational reports related to PI Extra-net infrastructure performance, availability, capacity, and faults.
- Build and maintain 100+ VPN’s.
- Engineer for 4 major network changes.
- Moved 3 data centers to the cloud.
- Firmware updates for 125+ security devices.
- Maintain ENX/JNX connections
- Perform 24x7 (on-call) Level 2 & 3 support functions for the implemented infrastructure.
- Providing primary support for network tunnels for the Fordsecure Dealer NOC.
- Conduct troubleshooting and maintenance of Cisco routers and switches.
- Monitor and maintain Ford's dealer network’s availability.
- Worked with 3rd level engineers to resolve issues.
- Taking Classes for Confidential (Certified Ethical Hacker) and Project Management.
Network Security / Firewall Administrator
- Installed and configured Cisco ASA 5220 firewalls for both the Inside and DMZ zones.
- Setup logging system for firewall traffic.
- Configured N2N VPN and Client VPN.
- Researched and recommended network logging and monitoring options.
- Drafted new network security policy.
- Configured Cyberoam UTM systems for regional locations.
- Installed POS systems for various retailers and restaurants.
- Installed and patched routers and switches and network printers.
- Installed Windows servers and clients, diagnosed, noted and repaired any faults.
- Updated working documents.
- Provided primary support for networks, servers, and applications for the Confidential NOC/Bridge.
- Conducted troubleshooting and maintenance of Cisco routers and switches.
- Remotely accessed client networks, analyzed data to isolate outages, performance issues.
- Maintained Windows 2003 server availability.
- Worked with telecoms, element managers, team members and 2nd level engineers to resolve issues.
- Configured Cisco routers and switches with RIP, EIGRP, OSPF protocols with ISDN, T1, Fractional T1, and Frame Relay links.
- Setup switches with multiple VLAN’s with 802.1Q, configure STP and VTP.
- Configured PIX Firewalls.
- Configured ACL’s, NAT, VPN, IPSEC, WEP, WAP, PIK and ANX.
- Setup Windows 2003 Standard / Enterprise Servers in Domain environment with Active Directory including child domains and OU’s.
- Wrote scripts for adding / moving users.
- Configured DNS, DHCP, IIS, File, Print, and servers.
- Setup Windows XP workstations for Windows domain environments.