Dependable, self - motivated, Senior Systems Administrator with excellent communications skills. Over 15 years of diversified experience in IT Service Operations, Application Lifecycle Management, administering, planning, problem solving, defining requirements/user story, documenting, and testing integrated system applications.
- Linux, SQL, SQL*PLUS, Oracle 11g and 12c, Network Equipment and Circuit Modeling, Agile Methodology, Project Management, Business Analysis, Database Design and Documentation.
- Completed Application and System Administrator training for Granite, Denodo, Expo, and Address Commander applications.
- Completed Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12C and Oracle Enterprise Manager Database Express 12C courses at Oracle University.
Granite, EXPO (Concept Wave), Denodo, Address Commander (Incognito), SQL Developer, TOAD, Grafana, PuTTY, WebLogic, SASI (Simple Automated Service Interface), Remedy, JIRA, SharePoint, Redmine, TIRKS, Microsoft Office.
Confidential, Reston, VA
Senior Systems Engineer
- Implemented discovery and reconciliation of Cisco routers utilizing SSH, Perl, and SQL Developer.
- Created custom network reports utilizing SQL.
Confidential, Denver, CO and Herndon, VA
- Installed Oracle, WebLogic, and applications across 55 Linux virtual servers.
- Led subject matter meetings to gather, discuss, and implement functional requirements.
- Consolidated legacy systems utilizing extraction, transformation and load (ETL).
- Created Key Performance Indicator dashboards and reports. Delivered ad-hoc reports as requested.
- Utilized SQL, Bash shell scripting, and SASI to create, update, or delete data in development and production environments.
- Reconciled inventory inaccuracies.
- Refreshed Oracle non-production databases with production data.
- Constructed Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs), and mapped oracle attributes to application GUI fields.
- Enforced Telcordia naming standards on sites, equipment, paths, segments, and customers by integrating name generators and PL/SQL validations on database fields.
- Utilized Change Management cycle implementing application upgrades and patching.
- Assessed application performance requirements and created server specifications for cores, memory, and ram.
- Performed Linux package, user, host, and IP address management.
- Evaluated application communication ports and submitted firewall requests.
- Supported application administration including user access and roles.
- Provided on call production support. Identified, reproduced, and resolved help-desk reported application issues.
- Managed tier 4 support by submitting server logs, database .dmp files, and bug-fix documentation to vendors.
- Documented configuration guides, architecture diagrams and user training materials.
- Authored Methods of Procedure for software testing.
- Modeled end-to-end circuit designs for provisioning DWDM, SONET, ATM, HFC, Wireless, VoIP, EPON and TDM technology-based circuits.
- Assisted Incognito and Confidential Regions with building TWC’s IP network (plus 200,000 subnets, plus 500,000 devices and nodes) in Address Commander.
Confidential, Herndon, VA
Nationwide Granite SME
- Utilized red line drawings, Element Management Systems, and field personnel to model Confidential ’s Regional Transport Networks for Midwest, Carolinas, and New York regions.
- Tested and implemented the SASI data bulk loading tool.
- Manipulated Excel data for team use.
Confidential, Shawnee, KS
Senior Solution Specialist
- Integrated three former Dobson’s mobile telephone switching offices into AT&Ts Granite database.
- Conducted site audits resolving data conflicts.
- Coordinated with microwave, interconnect, and network engineers to create end-to-end circuit designs for inventory management.
- Trained site personnel on Granite application.
Northeast Regional Manager
- Accomplished equipment and circuit data loads into inventory management system.
- Monitored and updated change control at audited offices.
- Updated or created templates for GSM and TDMA switches and associated switching office equipment.
- Identified over 500 disconnected circuits which were still in a billable status. A 1.8-million-dollar annual savings.
- Standardized over 40,000 T1 paths throughout the Northeast Region.
Confidential, Littleton, CO
Senior Network Planner
- Budgeted facility and equipment jobs within 10% of actual expenses on a two-million-dollar annual budget.
- Developed a complete step-by-step design engineering manual which assisted bringing back in-house previously outsourced inter-office facility jobs.
- Identified 117 non-diverse BLSR SONET carrier paths and led a team of network planners in increasing the survivability of the network through diversification of those paths.
Senior Design Engineer
- Selected, as a replacement, to ensure the completion of over 100 inter-office facility jobs necessary for communications at the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- Initiated cross-departmental meetings in order to improve the usefulness of products provided to the engineering department.
- Conducted status reports with vendors in order to improve costs, quality, and utilization of resources. Reclaiming 1.5 million in vendor billing errors.
Confidential, Littleton, CO
- Provided leadership, direction, training, counseling, and supervision to 11 engineers with 271 collocation responsibilities in 14 states.
- Identified team weaknesses and initiated a training program, which reduced project implementation by 50%.
- Improved engineering performance which facilitated meeting deadlines in half the normal time of 90 days.
- Vendor point of contact at engineering, planning, procurement, installation, power, and CLEC meetings.