- Around 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Development, Systems Administration and Software configuration management (SCM) includes DevOps Build/Release Management.
- Expertise in Linux system administrator on Red hat Enterprise Linux 7, 6.x, 5.x, and Ubuntu & Centos.
- Experience in various AWS services like EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, VPC, IAM, ELB, SQS, SNS, Storage gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Route53, Security Groups, Route Tables, Lambda and several other services of AWS family
- Experience in Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in Designing project workflows/pipelines with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, bamboo, using Gradle, Maven and Ant as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war) from source code.
- Experience in Configuring various plugins for Jenkins for automation and running build jobs.
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Chef, Ansible .
- Experience in writing Ansible playbooks and modules in the Production and pre - production environments.
- Experience in configuration management using Ansible, Chef and container management with Docker.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the auto-version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Bitbucket.
- Experienced in Implementing Nagios, Elastic Search, Splunk, Cloud watch for System and Application Performance Monitoring.
- Expertise in configuring Log monitoring tools like Elasticsearch, Nagios, Splunk to monitor logs of applications in production and non-production
- Experience in Jenkins/Maven package building and have hands on experience in development using Shell and Python scripting to automate processes.
- Experience in managing containers with Docker & Servers in Ansible with Docker server.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker registries and Kubernetes on AWS.
- Experience with containerization and clustering technologies like Docker, Mesos, Marathon, and Kubernetes
- Experience in using Bug tracking tools like JIRA
- Experience in shell scripts (Bash), and Python for automating tasks
Cloud Computing: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS)Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN, Git Hub, Bit Bucket
CI & CD Tools: Jenkins
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
Code coverage/testing tools: Sonar/SonarQube
Configuration Management: Puppet, Ansible, Chef
Container: Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
Scripting: Shell, Perl, Bash, Python, Groovy
Virtualization: VMware ESX/ESXiMonitoring: Nagios, Grafana, Splunk, Dynatrace
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, Rally
Web Servers:: Apache HTTP, Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS.
Networking: LAN WAN concepts, routing and switching, configuring inter- VLAN communication
Confidential, Ann Arbor, MI
- Worked on setting up AWS accounts per environment and configured VPC respectively with public and private subnets.
- Experienced in setting up Hybrid Model with AWS & On-Premises and used AWS Direct Connect service to setup dedicated line connections.
- Configured AWS services like S3, IAM, Cloud Formation, Auto scaling, ELB, Cloud Watch, Lambda, SNS and DynamoDB for supporting web application operations.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Maintained SSO integration to AWS Console according to company standards.
- Extensively used Continuous Integration Tools (Jenkins, Bamboo).
- Automated CI/CD with Jenkins , build-pipeline-plugin, Maven, GIT. Set up Jenkins master/slave to distribute builds on salve nodes.
- Developed build and deployment scripts, using Maven as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags
- Managed the Maven Repository using JFrog Artifactory tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Experience in writing Ansible Playbooks to configure servers, maintain dynamic inventory & application deployments.
- Wrote several Groovy script modules/stages for QA and Prod deployments which are used in CICD automation framework pipeline
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Developed Scripts for AWS Orchestration and designed new back-end services, maintaining and expanding our AWS infrastructure, and providing mentorship to others on my team.
- Orchestrated and migrated CI/CD processes using Cloud Formation and Terraform , packer Templates and Containerized the infrastructure using Docker , which was setup in OpenShift, AWS and VPCs .
- Strong Knowledge in installing, configuring, modifying, testing and deploying applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss .
- Worked with Docker Enterprise Trusted Registry as repository for our Docker images and worked with Docker container networks.
- Developed and managed Docker-compose files to define and run multiple containers from a single file to manage interconnected applications in different containers.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox. Server setup and nginx including F5 load balancing
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers
- Troubleshoot with docker-diagnose tools and report on logs, Executed arbitrary command with exec.
- Make sure the Certificates are set up correctly.
- Troubleshoot the Permissions Errors on Data Directories for shared Volumes.
- Troubleshoot with Networking and WiFi problems upon Docker
- By using Kubernetes, to deploy scale, load balance, and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Monitored all the servers using AWS CloudWatch and application performance using Dynatrace.
- Worked on issues that occur in the live environment, Configuring Conditional Forwarding in DNS, Creating NAT rules in firewall at L2 support.
- Worked on L3 support for Configuring Gateways, Switches, Ipsec,
Environment: SVN, GIT, NodeJS, React, Jenkins, Nginx, Shell Script, REST API, Ansible, Linux, Windows, JIRA, Python, AWS, Flow Dock, Confluence.
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Collaboratively working with multiple environments like dev, feature, staging, pre-prod prod as part of SDLC life cycle.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments. Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Bitbucket and Subversion (SVN).
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for Git/Bitbucket.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Maven in Linux environment.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked on AWS Cloud services LAMDA for internal application, for monitoring as Business persecpective.
- Created API Keys and Usage plans in AWS API Gateways and used the keys across the regions for using the API Gateway
- Implemented Pipeline concepts for freestyle jobs in Jenkins using custom Groovy Scripts .
- Collaborate with Application security team to ensure quality releases and to enhance an organization’s infrastructure security protocols.
- Work closely with Software Engineers (Dev Team) to help them deploy in to Production and operate different systems and to automate and streamline company's operations and processes.
- Automated the process of deployment to Apache Tomcat Application Servers by developing Python Scripts.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Python deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat
web application servers.
- Designing and implementing CI/CD system configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Python), and creating/configuring Linux
- Developed automation scripting using YAML and Python in Ansible to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Maintaining the DevOps tool chain is my primary responsibility. I maintain all the build servers and development support systems such as the issue tracking system, Nagios server, Jenkins server and Kubernetes Cluster in Amazon (EKS).
- Worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and automating build and deployment for AXP internal product. Experience on writing source code for Jenkins pipeline using Groovy Scrip t.
- Worked as a Cloud administrator being responsible for building and configuring a new cloud infrastructure environment, troubleshoot Azure related issues and engage internal teams for complex issues
- Performed Configuration of Azure Web Apps, App services, Application insights, Azure DNS
- Write a Ansible playbook as an Infrastructure as a code tool to automate configuration managements in cloud provisioning and application developments.
- Created Docker images using a Docker file , worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes.
- Worked on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of build platform tool DOCKER.
- Configured key-value mappings. For standalone mode these are defined in a properties file and passed to the Connect process on the command line. In distributed mode, they will be included in the JSON payload for the request that creates the connector.
- Responsible for services/system is running smoothly and being monitored through Grafana Dashboard, Splunk and setup Alerts.
- Being in on-call rotations, provide 24x7 support, maintenance and improvement and monitoring for production environments.
- Respond to issues as they arise, in SLACK channels, EMAILS & PAGERDUTY.
Environment: Jenkins, Azure, AWS, GIT, Shell script, Python, Apache, Kubernetes, Docker, Maven, Splunk, Cloudformation, Terrafoam.
Confidential - Alpharetta, GA
- Setup and configured TCP/IP network on LINUX and AIX.
- Worked with implementation team of high availability cluster on IBM RS/6000 platform (HACMP for AIX).
- Creating LPARS and configuration of DLPAR scripts for load sharing.
- Backup data to server before deploying new pc.
- Implement and Manage Windows Sever 2012 R2 Print Servers and Cisco Identity Services in database and on Cisco Catalyst Switches.
- Responsible for the maintenance of personal PC's and Local Area Network.
- Installed and configured network services such NFS, NIS and DNS Server.
- Adding physical volumes, creation Volume groups, File systems, Storage allocation, cron jobs, maintenance levels upgrades and applied Fixes for AIX 5.x.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Worked in the migration team for migration from AIX 4.3.3, 5.1 to 5.2 and 5.3.
- Installing, upgrading and configuring REDHAT Linux ES 4.x/5.x using KICKSTART installation.
- Setup bindings, SSL certificates, configurations on IIS Servers and configured featured as per application requirements
- Installed and configured Multiple Websites and various web applications (.net framework version) and web services, WCF services in IIS.
- Developed Win forms and User Interface of the application using C#.Net controls extensively.
- Developed ASP.Net pages in C#.Net to meet the business requirements using Visual Studio.Net.
- Experience in developing solutions for SharePoint 2013 in multiple environments, including on premise and Office365 based farms.
- Managed SSL Certificates for all lower and production environment and worked on renewing and setting up certificates with application in IIS
- Installed, configured and administered Web Sphere Application Server 4.x/5.0.
- Installation/Administration of TCP/IP, NIS/NIS+, NFS, DNS, Auto mounts, Send mail and Print servers as per the client’s requirement.
- Performed extensive Logical Volume Management (LVM) tasks.
- Installed and configured SUDO for users to access the root privileges.
- Installed application connectivity software to enable IBM print services.
Environment: IBM - AIX 5.3 and AIX 6.1, Linux, Web Sphere, MQ, TSM, Oracle DB, WINDOWS, Replication, IBM - Tivoli, JIRA tool.
Confidential - Tampa, FL
- Setting up the CI/CD automation environment for Application team if necessary and help them through the process of build and release automation.
- Used MAVEN, GRADLE as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code and conducted SVN to Bitbucket Migration.
- Handle version control tools SVN and Bitbucket to version code changes to help developers/programmers branch/merge/revert code.
- Develop/capture/document architectural best practices for building systems on AWS.
- Working with technical and non-technical teams across Amazon (AWS).
- Architected & Implemented security to meet PCI requirements, using VPC Public/Private subnets, Security Groups, NACLs, IAM roles, policies, VPN, WAF, Cloud Trail etc. to pass penetration testing against infrastructure.
- Configured applications in virtual private cloud (VPC) and hardened it from malicious attacks using 2-layer protection from security groups (at instance level) and network access control lists (NACL, at subnet level) and using network access translator (NAT) instance.
- Monitored the performance of the system using ps, vmstat, mpstat, perfmeter and iostat to check the CPU utilization, bottlenecks of I/O devices, Memory usage and Network traffic.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools like CHEF and responsible for managing the chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from workstation.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure. Created cookbooks to automate the configuration setups. Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process.
- Written multiple cookbooks in chef, implemented environments, roles, data bags in chef for better environment management.
- Implemented logging solutions with Elasticsearch, Logstash.
- Experience designing, implementing or supporting Cloud Infrastructure solutions.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef, EBS, and OpsWorks .
- Involved in SSL Security certificate management for enterprise, maintaining certificates across multiple SSL providers, and integrating certificates into products such as apache, tomcat, AWS-ELB
- IBM WebSphere Install and configure 8.5.5 using CHEF automation
- Dockerized Jenkins with Master and Slave architecture in OpenShift platform and automated the build jobs.
- Implement cluster services using Docker and Kubernetes .
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, configMaps, deployments .
- Administer, secure, and maintain multiple Kubernetes clusters to support a global service.
- Implemented Blue Green Deployments for Rolling Upgrades in Production with the hardware vendors and application teams.
- Working on Deployment procedures using middleware like Apache Tomcat, creating deploy scripts and setting for the Production Release.
Environment: JAVA, SVN, GIT, Apache Maven, Gradle, Jenkin, Apache Tomcat, Shell Script, REST API, Chef, Linux, Windows, Atlassian JIRA, Cloud Foundry, Python, Perl, AWS, DNS, Docker, Subversion
Confidential - Chicago, IL
Build & Release Engineer:
- Create continuous integration/deployment with Application Release Automation ( UrbanCode - UDeploy ) by integrating and improving client’s existing infrastructure and build pipelines .
- Branch management, change management and end to end release process.
- Act as SME on OpenStack / RHEL / Containers (Docker) and Enterprise IT .
- Designed and built OpenStack clusters using storage backend.
- Work with vendors and different Engineering Product Groups in various IT solutions involving Linux, vSphere, OpenStack, etc.
- Implemented Puppet for a start-up to meet compliance needs for acquisition by a public firm.
- Created end to end automation using, jenkins (Created Build service to automate flow).
- Managing and improving CI system using Jenkins.
- Configure and Maintain JENKINS on Tomcat servers & setup continuous integration automation by promoting certified packages through various stages in SDLC .
- Automated browser-based testing of a corporate document repository search system, which allows searching documents through concepts, not only key-words, with Selenium and Robot Framework.
- Configuration management using chef / puppet .
- Installed and configured an automated tool Chef, Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Management of enterprise puppet environments. Maintaining test and production catalogues and writing reusable modules for use in configuration management .
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Managed Puppet infrastructure through major version upgrades. Refactored Puppet code to leverage new features.
- Handle version control tools SVN and Git to version code changes to help developers/programmers branch/merge/revert code.
- Created utilities to monitor continuous delivery process (job failure rate, disk usage), coded changes in git & job failures in Jenkins.
- Created detailed insight into all aspects of business operations through painstaking integration of Graphite, Logstash, and Chef.
- Involved in standardizing Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Responsible for Docker Compose environment deployment for Ruby on Rails, Elixir and Node .JS apps running on a stack with, Elasticsearch, and Nginx .
- Evaluated different data visualization tools and distinct categories of data collection, such as integrating time series database, Logstash, and Grafana together.
Environment: EC2, JIRA, SVN, GIT, Chef, Perl, shell, GIT, GitHub, Maven, ANT, Docker, Confluence, UNIX/LINUX, Shell/Bash, Perl and Jenkins.