- Have over 5 years of IT experience as DevOps engineer with expertise in the areas of Software Configuration Management, Cloud Services (AWS), Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Version Control, Build and Release management, Linux System Administration.
- Experience in AWS DevOps platform and its dimensions of scalability including VPC, EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, Route53, Lambda, EBS, AMI, SNS, SES, SQS, IAM, Elastic Container Service, Elastic Beanstalk, Auto - scaling, CloudFormation, CloudFront, CloudWatch, Security Groups, Redshift, Direct Connect and other services of the AWS.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of automated implementation/ deployment of cloud based infrastructures (Web apps, Application Service Environments, firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, VPC, DNS etc.)
- Experienced in S3 Versioning and lifecycle policies to backup and Archive files in Glacier and experienced with installation of AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) to control various AWS services through SHELL/BASH scripting.
- Experience in creating and designing the Terraform templates to create custom sized VPC, NAT subnets, NACLs for deployment of Web application and database templates.
- Design of Cloud architectures for customers looking to migrate or develop new PaaS, IaaS, or hybrid solutions utilizing Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience in using Cloud Trail and Cloud Watch to monitor server services like logs, CPU, RAM and disk storage.
- Migrated data from local machines into cloud database using database migration service. Managed SQL/NOSQL databases.
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Expertise in all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing and scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis, Performance issues, Analytics and Test Phases to complete the CI/CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with build utilities like Maven and ANT for building of jar and war files.
- Hands-on experience with configuration of automation tools such as CHEF, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Jenkins, Sonatype Nexus, Ansible.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT, SVN (subversion) on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Managed environments DEV, QA and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile methodologies.
- Experience in conducting auto deployment of software applications in secured and managed environment using container technology Docker.
- Configured Docker Containers for Branching purpose and deployed using Amazon Elastic Beanstalk.
- Great exposure to network protocols like TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, TELNET, HTTP and J2EE frame-works like Spring and Hibernate.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has Integrated Ansible with Jenkins. Also, have run various Ansible playbooks.
- Good experience with monitoring tools like Nagios and Splunk.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support and documenting the build and release process.
- Involved in all the phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like analysis, design, implementation, test and deployment.
AWS services: EC2, ELB, AWS Auto Scaling, Lambda, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud formation, S3, Red Shift, Cloud watch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53, AWS CLI.
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes.
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Ansible, Puppet
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Build Tools: Ant, Maven.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
Databases: Oracle, My SQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Dynamo DB
Web/Application Servers: WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic
Network Services: SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinSCP, Raid Levels
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX,Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS
Programming & Scripting Languages: C, Core Java, J2EE frameworks (Hibernate and Spring), UNIX Shell Scripting, Python.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDb, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS); configuration management using chef.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Knowledge of Chef and Puppet as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and proactively manage change.
- Knowledge in using Build Automation tools like, ANT, Maven and Jenkins.
- Involved in developing Splunk queries and dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple applications.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker Hub and Docker-registries and Kubernetes.
- Work closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment and ensure their ongoing support.
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, consistent, repeatable infrastructure using high degree of automation using Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, and cloud Formation.
- Run crisis calls impacting customers and perform emergency change orders and deployments. Re-spinning stale application instances/web instances.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, S3, EBS, Puppet, Java, Apache Tomcat 7.0, JSON, SDK, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins.
Confidential, Rocky Hill, CT
- Assisted in migrating the existing data center into the AWS environment.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 AMI, Red-hat, Ubuntu Instances.
- Involved in loading data from On-premises data warehouse to AWS Cloud using different approaches like Spark and AWS Services.
- Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files and tagging on source files and release files.
- Dealt with various merging conflicts and pushes appropriate code into GitHub repository.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Setting up private networks and sub-networks using virtual private cloud (VPC) and creating security groups to associate with the networks.
- Setting up scalability for application servers using command line interface for setting up and administering DNS system in Route53.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, autoscaling Kubernetes infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Cloud Watch.
- Migrated database into amazon cloud using database migration service.
- Managed the configurations of the instances using Ops Code Chef. Written and modified various Cookbooks/ Recipes for better management of the systems.
- Developed the chef recipes, cookbooks to automate or build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process.
- Debugging project Build errors and deployment in both windows and Linux Environment.
- Pushing the code to Git repository for backup.
- Great experience using GIT, like fork, branching, merging, tagging, pushing, pulling, and cloning.
- Coordination, Communication, Time Management, Problem Solving and Ability to work either independently or as a member of a team.
- Designing an Infrastructure for different applications before migrating into amazon cloud for flexible, cost-effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance and secured applications.
- Configure, monitor and automate Amazon Web Services as well as involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon Web Services using EC2, S3 and EBS.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Managing IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Managed network security using Load balancer, Auto scaling, Security groups and NACLS.
- Involved in writing JSP in Eclipse using HTML and Iterate Tags. Created Hibernate persistent and configuration files for ORM implementation.
- Deployed web pages in web servers and mitigated errors by debugging the code.
- Knowledge on all stages of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC).
Environment: AWS Services (EC2, S3, ELB, IAM, VPC, Elastic Bean Stalk), Java/J2ee, Hibernate, JSP, Apache Tomcat.
- Maintain GIT Repositories, Handling Releases and Branching activities for GIT.
- Involved in analysis, specification, design, and implementation and testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Used Spring Framework for developing this project.
- Used Spring for its MVC features, dependency injection, AOP and its plug ability with Hibernate.
- Developed the presentation layer using HTML5, CSS and JSP.
- Mapped data obtained from JSP pages into database using Hibernate framework.
- Handle multiple builds from Development team, create build jobs in Jenkins and perform deployment activities.
- Automate the build Process Using Jenkins jobs. Monitoring daily builds using continuous integration tool Jenkins.
- Date wise Daily keeping track all the Script and deploying the JAR / WAR files in Tomcat app server,Verifying the logs if build fails.
- Verify Deployments logs to check for successful deployments.
- Experience in bug tracking and analyzing test results and prepared Release Notes.
- Keeping track of Release files for every release. Used auto sys to schedule and run jobs.
- Writing a Linux Shell Script and schedule in the respective run levels for automate day-to-day activities such as auto start application server, web server, log rotate and removing the old logs.
- Database administration of MySQL, Oracle or equivalent Data Base programs.
- Migrated database applications from Windows 2000 Server to Linux server.
- Experience Installing eclipse with MAVEN to build JAVA based application, compilation and packaging.
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, NIS, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, HTTP, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, NetApp and RPM Package Management.
- Created users, manage user Administered, maintained Red Hat 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, 6.0 AS, ES, Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs. system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
Environment: Linux Servers, Maven, Java, Apache server, DHCP, MySql.