- More than 6 years of industry experience in leading Unix infrastructure team of System Administrators on Solaris 8 - 11, Red Hat and CentOS Linux, and Vmware.
- Extensive experience installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting Sun Solaris, RedHat Linux OS on Productions environments.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance experience on HP Blade, Dell PowerEdge, Sparc, x86 servers.
- Extensively experienced with various methods of Solaris Systems Installation and Migration using VMware migration, Jumpstart, Kickstart.
- Experience working with Solaris Flash used to archive data and migrate to another system.
- Jumpstart (JET), ZFS, zpool, LDOM and zones proficient.
- Shell Scripting for job automation.
- Proficient in Backup utilities used for Restoring, Cloning and Mirroring using Veritas Netbackup.
- Experienced in studying the kernel performance issues using various utilities like Topas, vmstat, svmon.
- Proficient with configuring and maintaining NFS, DNS, NIS/NIS+, DHCP, SMTP, and Networking with TCP/IP.
- Managing storage on EMC clarion and DMX.
- Managing Solaris 10 ZFS ZPOOLs.
- Building Ldoms on solaris 10.
- Experienced in creating CRON jobs to automate various System Administration tasks using the crontab utility.
- Experience with SMIT, LVM (Logical Volume Manager), Mirroring, User & System Resource Management, Paging Space Management and Job Scheduling.
Confidential, Thousand Oaks, California
Sr. Unix Administrator
- Leading a Solaris and Red Hat Linux build and migration team.
- Creating and managing zpools on Solaris 10 LDOM and Zones, and RHEL on VMware
- Working with variety of volume managers - Veritas Volume Managers, Solaris Volume Manager, LVM (RHEL)
- Supported 24x7 data center production environment
- HA support for Sun and Veritas Clusters
- Shell scripting - writing scripts in bash to automate several repeatative tasks such as finding user information from across 2400 servers for security audits on a daily basis, post server build checklists, etc
- Installing, configuring and managing Solaris 8, 9 and 10 on Sun Enterprise systems, Administered, maintained Red Hat Linux Release 4 and 5, and somewhat AIX 6.1
- Installing various 3rd party and freeware modules and packages as required, e.g perl, gcc, python, etc
- Migration of Solaris and Linux servers using EMC RPA recoverypoint.
- Monitoring and administration of EMC Clariion storage.
- Working with Project manager and lead DBAs and plan migrations.
- Configuring domains on M4000 & M5000 servers.
- Working on server Hardware upgrades.
- Creating Sun virtualization zones/containers/LDOMS (logical domains )
- Documentation of new application installation and solutions.
Confidential, Providence, RI
- Installed, configured and managed Solaris 8, 9 and 10 on Sun Enterprise systems, Administered, maintained Red Hat Linux Release 4 and 5 (and AIX and HP-UX )
- Patching Sun Solaris 10 and RHEL 5 servers with latest patch clusters, breaking mirrors, and re-mirroring.
- SAS70 and SOX security audits
- VTL support from OS (HBA compatibility, firmware updates)
- Troubleshooting Hardware, Operating System Application & Network problems and performance issues.
- Shell scripting - for security audits and remediation, user-administration, server monitoring and automation
- Configured Jumpstart Enterprise Tool kit to provided Jumpstart installations on more than 270 servers and performed upgrades and troubleshooting of servers remotely.
- Configured and Administering Solaris Jumpstart Server, AIX NIM Server and Linux Kick start Server.
- Support Sun and Intel servers with Solaris and Linux operating systems
- Installed and configured Solaris 10 servers with Zones and containers on SUN M5000 and T-series Servers with SUN ZFS
- Server Virtualization using Solaris Containers (zones) and VMWare.
- Creating Sun virtualization zones/containers/LDOMS (logical domains ) installation, configuration, troubleshooting, start, stop, upgrade and code deployments on all the production and testing servers.
- Mirrored volumes on the Sun Sparc servers.
- Created NFS, UNIX admin mount point, and patch installation of all QA servers.
- Installed, Configured and supported Oracle HA resource groups
- Worked on CA NSM tool monitoring for monitoring various applications and networks.
- Installing and configuration and maintenance of Veritas Netback up 4.5/5.1 and TSM
- Implemented and configured Backup policies and Storage Units.
- Managing disk storage with Veritas Volume Manager 3.5/4.1 and Solaris Volume Manager with Veritas File System (VxFS).
- Written Shell Scripts to collect the System performance Information, account information on a daily basis.
- Implemented NIS and NFS for administrative and project requirements.
- Setting up the thresholds on the parameters (CPU/Memory/Disk/Network) and alerting the users when the usage reaches the thresholds.
- Tuning the kernel parameters based on the application/database requirement.
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to users for performing certain activities.
- Monitoring System Performance - Virtual memory, System events, Swapping, Disk utilization, CPU utilization.
- Troubleshooting of NFS servers, NFS Clients in Auto Mount Environment.
- Installed and configured Sun Cluster 3.0 & 3.1 .
- Solaris Volume Manager/Solstice Disk Suite for Disk Device Management.
- Handling CPU panic, memory problems and other hardware failures with coordination of vendors.
- Configured FTP, Telnet, sFTP, SSH, iptables and SUDO upgrades for the servers.
- Configured EMC/SAN disks in Solaris Servers and HP.
- Automatically and manually taking backups / archives, with previously configured policies using Veritas Netback up.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Performed server installation and administration on Solaris, AIX and Linux.
- Administrative tasks such as System Startup/Shutdown, Backup Strategy, User Management, Security and Network management.
- Performed the administration of the Domain Name Server and configuration of the Database Files for BrightStor.
- Experienced supporting the SAN/NAS environments and administering Clusters.
- Monitoring and administration of EMC Symmetrix, DMX-4, DMX-3 DMX2000.
- Planned and Implemented EMC Symmetrix SRDF and Time finder solutions
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore problems and performed Day-to-Day trouble shooting for the end users on Solaris based applications.
- Creation / dissolving of Meta devices Striped and Concatenated using symcli.
- Planning and Creation of Dynamic RDF groups and pairs, management of snap pools.
- Adding and replacing Disks in the libraries.
- LUN Creation and mapping to the servers running Solaris, Linux and Microsoft.
- Performed OS upgrades and Patch loading as and when required.
- Constant Monitoring of System Performance and managed file systems.
- Responsible for taking Backups using CA ARCserve.
- Responsible for Connectivity Issues among various Servers.
- Responsible for Installation of various software components on several servers.
- Performed scheduled incremental backups using CA Brightstor Arcserve.