- Sr. Network Engineer with experience at multiple Fortune 500 companies designing, deploying, and maintaining next generation Core and MPLS networks. Hard working, involved, and an eagerness to learn are what set me apart from my peers.
- Deployed, provisioned, and supported multiple vendor environments including Cisco (ASA, ISR, ASR), Juniper (MX, SRX, EX), Palo Alto (5200) and various NMS platforms including Junos Space, CA Tools, OpenNMS, Solarwinds, and a multitude of other vendors.
- Expert knowledge of Cisco ASA, Anyconnect VPN and Juniper SRX platforms including IPS/IDS.
- Experienced in Ethernet, MEF, MPLS, and Service Provider deployments via L2 and L3 VPNs.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Sonet transport mediums from DS0 through OC192 and higher. (Nortel, Fujitsu Flashwave, Tellabs, Alcatel - L ucent, Cisco).
- Programming skills using Visual Studio C#, VB, VBScript, PHP, and Bash.
Network Analyst Specialist
- Architected, engineered, and operated a global MPLS network for Fidelity Information Systems on 6 continents and 130 countries.
- Deployed and maintained MPLS backbone with VPLS, L3 VPN, and L2 VPN connectivity.
- Responsible for corporate wide remote access VPN for over 55,000 employees using Cisco ASA and Anyconnect.
- Technical lead on over 25 core design projects and 300 successfully completed maintenances supporting those projects.
- Partnered with multiple vendors in deploying NGFW using Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, and Cisco Firepower across all Tier 1 data centers globally.
- Designed and deployed L2 and L3 Service Provider networks using BGP, MPLS (LDP, RSVP), OSPF, IS-IS, SIP, Sonet and other protocols to edge devices for customer services according to MEF guidelines for E-Line, E-Lan, E-Tree topologies as well as Voice services.
- Created and maintained C# applications for standardized speedy deployment of customer services as well as all Provider Edge baseline configurations for PE routers and switches.
Network Services TAC Technician
- Transport technician responsible for deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting of transport and ethernet services for business customers.
- Experience using MPLS, BGP, OSPF, SONET, and MEF delivery to customer premise.
- NOC duties include alarm monitoring, DMS500 maintenance, Cisco ASR, Cisco 760 0, Cisco 3750, Juniper MX, and ALU 7210/7750 troubleshooting, fault isolation, and repair.
Fiber Optic Technician
- Fiber optic technician responsible for San Diego local operations including T1, T3, OC3, OC12, OC192 circuit test and turn up.
- Maintains Central Office communications for LAN/WAN connectivity as well as customer interface for trouble tickets and problem isolation.
- Switch Technician responsible for MSC switch duties, including maintenance, troubleshooting, and provisioning on Nortel DMS, Media Gateway, 2G Nokia, and 3G Lucent LCP systems.
- Also responsible for testing with RF Technicians for installation, turn-up, and site overbuilds for cell sites.
Network Engineering Routine Maintenance Technician
- Lead routine maintenance and engineering technician.
- Responsible for routine system maintenance on all DLC’s, Transport, Timing, Telemetry, HVAC, and DC power systems for 4 central offices.
- Responsible for daily status logs, website updates, and engineering database updates.
Sr. Telecom Tech
- Responsible for organizing, planning, and directing restoration of major fiber optic backbone cuts.
- Managed all OSP activities for Confidential in the Tucson market including 5 outside plant technicians, direct reports to upper management, and leadership decisions for network engineering.
- Also managed installations and equipment overbuilds through various contract companies.