- A technical engineering professional with over 18 years’ experience in the internetworking industry. Main skills include Network Engineering, Design, Implementation, Integration, IT Security, System Engineering, and Operations Roles.
- Concentration on Network Design, Security, and System Engineering. Involved in all stages of requirement analysis, design, capacity planning, and application transport going on to implementation and support thereafter.
Protocols: EIGRP, IGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, RTP, IS - IS, SIP, H.323, LWAPP, RADIUS, TACACS+, Ethernet, Fiber Channel, ISCSI, FCIP, FCP, FSPF, NDMP, 802.11a/b/g/n, ISDN, CDP, Frame Relay, PPP, PPTP, and STP.
Hardware: Cisco Routers/Firewalls/VPN/Switches/ACE/CSM/ASA, Juniper Routers/Firewalls/Routers/Switches/IPS, Extreme/Foundry Switches, F5 GTM/LTM/Viprion, Brocade Silkworm, StorageNet SAN Switches, Confidential ESS, Confidential SE Routers, McData Fiber Switches, Concentry Networks LanShield Switches/Controllers, Emulex Fiber Hubs, HP/ Confidential /Dell/Hitachi/Sun Servers.
Network Management & Security Assessment Software: BSA (BladeLogic Server Automation), BNA (BladeLogic Network Automation), Legato, Vmware VCenter, Cisco Works, Epicenter, HPOpen View, WhatsupGold, Nagios, Cacti, IPSwitch, NTOP, MRTG, PRTG, KIWI Syslog, UCS, HFNetCheck Pro, NetScout, SurfWatch, Airsnort, Snort IDS, Nessus Scanner, NMap, SolarWinds, LanGuard, ISS Scanner, Sniffer, PrismStumbler, Retina Networks, IPAM, and SamSpade.
Operating Systems: Redhat, Suse, UBuntu Linux, Sun Solaris 10, Windows NT/ 2000/2003/2008 , and Vmware ESXi
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Senior Technology Security
- Lead in the development and delivery of Next Generation Network Based Firewall solution for Netbond (Cloud) customers. Architecting large scale network and security solutions.
- Build and configure labs and production networks to support security platform integration and end to end solution testing and on-going capacity management utilizing Cisco ASA, ASAv, Nexus, F5 Big IP Virtual Edition, Juniper MX Routers, SRX, vSRX, EX Switches, Security Director, SKY ATP, F5, KVM, and, ESXi.
- Cloud Computing (Internet data center architectures, hosting and application services, etc.)
- Advanced firewall security design and administration
- Cross team collaboration and Agile Scrum.
- Tier 4 Engineering support and provide training to the Ops and Enablement for the overall solution.
- Document deliverables include engineering technical and enablement guides.
- Performing tasks of data collection, verification and interpretation, as instructed by the external auditors.
- Build a strong relationship with the business owners, IT management and external auditors.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Cloud Network Architect
- Designed and Deployed Cloud HA/DR solution in 13 datacenters globally.
- Designed a fully redundant MPLS TE network globally for Traffic Engineering.
- Designed, Planned, and Implemented the COS globally.
- Leading an effort to migrate to cloud infrastructure to IPv6 globally
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Gathering and documenting virtualization, authentication, automation, and computing, costing, storage, auditing, monitoring, and networking requirements that drive the CLM solution.
- Design CLM solutions for private and public clouds.
- Provide technical leadership to implementation teams.
- Provide and reviewing ROM costing for projects.
- Design and Implement standalone solutions for Network and Servers automation.
- Design and Implemented solutions to Automate network devices such as F5, Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Extreme Networks, and Dell.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr. Network and Security Analyst
- Analyzed and assessed network infrastructure for technology enhancement like retiring the EIGRP network and designing and implementing OSFP as a multivendor dynamic routing solution.
- Presented a proposal how to leverage the F5 (GTM/LTM) solutions for Active/Active solutions for redundant datacenters to achieve 99.999% service availability for our customers.
- Documented the whole infrastructure and put in the baseline and documentation for Cisco, Juniper, and F5.
- Executes audit fieldwork autonomously in accordance with audit work programs and makes improvement recommendations.
- Assist in providing IT SOX Compliance training to IT and audit staff.
- Evaluate and report internal control deficiencies/status to senior management and executive management.
- Implemented and brought Network devices in compliance with industry standard Network Security posture.
- Designed and implemented virtualization solutions by deploying VSS, VDS, and Cisco Nexus 1000v in vCenter.
Confidential, Allen, TX
- Worked with Engineers to chalk out migration plan to roll out 4G data network devices nationwide, to ensure accuracy on plan before execution.
- Played a lead role in deploying, configuring, and integrating Juniper SRX, Cisco Nexus (various models), F5 Viprion, and Netscout nGenius in a packet core infrastructure for LTE.
- Executed test cases to verify configuration, functionality, and handing the tested devices in a certain zone and or market to the operations teams with detail documentations.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to managing the ip network infrastructure (Cisco Routers/PIX/ASA/ACE/Switches, Juniper Routers/Firewalls/VPN, Extreme Switches, F5 (GTM/LTM/Viprion), configuration of OSPF/ISIS and BGP areas and associated policies, drive troubleshooting and service restoration process with customers.
- Played a key role in migrating Nortel CDMA into Confidential realm, which involved (planning, designing, integrating, and supporting) PDSN/HA/FA.
- Played a key role in planning, designing, and implementing datacom ip network and backhaul for Mobile network infrastructure for various hosted pre-paid and post-paid platform (RBT, IMS, MMS, WAP, SMS) for Tier 1-3 carrier with diverse and alternate routing path to achieve 99.999% network availability.
- Provided inputs to Solution Architects on SLA, infrastructure design and integration requirements, supported smooth receipt of system from the appropriate implementation team as system integration works concludes.
- Played an instrumental role in deploying and supporting Netscout monitoring tool to monitor network devices, link, and application connectivity statistics for KPI measurements.
- Participated in PCI certifications to be CISP compliant as a service provider and performs security audits, re-evaluated existing platform and made necessary design changes as per ISO/IEC 27001/27002 standards.
- Supported Confidential Wireline 2G/3G products and solutions including GSM/GPRS/EDGE WCDMA IP convergence.
- Implemented best practices to provide customer data security, privacy, availability, and compliance with PCI, SOX, SAS 70, and other applicable laws.
- Played an integral role in planning and deploying VMware VSphere solution for virtualization.
Confidential, Irving, TX
IS Security Specialist
- Responsible for all threat and vulnerability efforts including vulnerability alert research, advisory release reviews, and research and development to establish an end-state of reducing risk and preventing network intrusion.
- Formulated, recommended, wrote, and provided the corporate network security policies and “best practices” for corporate data centers.
- Experienced with implementing and/or administrating the security functionality of IT systems. Bi-yearly Audits, assessments, and/or controls.
- Responsible for information technology security reviews of applications, systems, and networks using analysis tools such as NMap, Nessus, ISS, Netscout, and other open source tools.
- Provided awareness support to internal users and served as a focal point for IT Security related issues.
- Planned, designed, and deployed various network devices and applications such as: Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, Foundry, F5, SurfControl, Netscout, IPS/IDS, Confidential ESS, Concentry LanShield and Retina in various configurations as per the requirements from the customers.
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr. NT Administrator
- Played a lead role in planning, designing, and implementing/upgrading to Win2K Active Directory Domain infrastructure globally.
- Supported the data infrastructure which included servers, routers, firewalls, LoadBalancers, and switches in a 24X7X365 call center environment.
- Played and active role in planning and designing and putting in place disaster recovery plan to ensure business continuity for our customers.
- Planned, design, and implemented separate O&M and Backup network to take the load off a production network.
- Played an instrumental role in upgrading the Core infrastructure to a layer 3 Extreme Network Black Diamond and Summit Switches from layer 2 network and securing the funding for it and completed ahead of schedule.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Supported Confidential Gigabit Network in a Global IT Services.
- Configured various Cisco/Juniper routers and Extreme switches.
- Played an active role in deploying Hitachi and StorageTEK SAN
- Supported over 5000 WinNT, Win2000, and SUN servers in a Global setup.