A well rounded Cyber & Network Security Support professional seeking a challenging opportunity in security operation in an environment that would let me apply my problem solving skill & extensive experience and also help gain additional skills to develop a technical expertise in Security Engineering.
Network Security: Information Security, SWG, ASG Proxies, NGFWs, Cybersecurity, Splunk (3 years) SIEM, PKI Management
Security Tools Used: Splunk Enterprise, McAfee SIEM, McAfee IPS NSM; McAfee Web Reporter & Web GatewayForward & Reverse Proxies - Symantec BlueCoat ASG; F5 LTM, APM, TMOS-tmsh; Symantec AV; Cisco ASA VPN, ASDM; GigaMonCheckpoint Gaia, Clish; Tenable Nessus, RSA CA, Venafi PKI Mgmt, Kali Linux,tcpdump, WireShark, Tshark, Nmap/Zmap
Operating Systems: MS DOS, Windows 2000/XP/ Vista/ 7/2008 / 8/10/2012/2016 , Mac OS X, Linux
General Tools: Adobe Acrobat, MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Access) Visio,Outlook & Exchange.
Networking Skills: TCP/IP, OSI, UDP, DHCP, NAT, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, IP Subnetting using CIDR & VLSMrouting and switching, firewalls, Virtualization, Load Balancing, SAN, RAID, VoIP, Cisco IOS, Juniper JunosEtherChannel, VLAN, VTP, STP, PVST, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, RIP, OSPF, & other LAN/WAN protocols.
Cyber Security Analyst / Network Security Engineer
Confidential, Frisco, Texas
- Analyzed & correlated security related information from a wide variety of enterprise device logs on Splunk Enterprise to resolve incidents.
- Make use of Splunk SPL searches to generate reports, tune alerts as well as create new alerts, d Confidential models and dashboards, that can be used to monitor & troubleshoot Firewall, Web Proxy, IPS and end - point security events in order to respond to anomalous security events or incidents.
- Works on operational support for Checkpoint FWs, F5 APM VPN, F5 LTM reverse proxies SSL renewals, Vulnerability Remediation, McAfee MWG and BlueCoat proxy change request task tickets. Part of the team that performed the reverse proxy migration project from BlueCoat to F5 LTM, involved in VIP creation, SSL installation and renewals, tested with the application teams for successful conversion and cutover.
- Worked on the forward proxy migration project from McAfee MWG to Symantec Proxy ASG policy recreation and deployment of Symantec BlueCoat Product solutions including: Advance Secure Gateway (ASG/SG) Proxies, Management Center, Reporter & CAS (Content Analysis Systems )
- Participated in the post implementation work for Symantec proxy ASG deployment which includes integration to DLP with ICAP, PAC file modification, SSL interception, content filtering, black-listing, restricted whitelisting, policy set up, CPL editing for policies with option not available by VPM, logs analysis • Threat detection, log analysis and/or prevention of suspicious activities from report generated via BlueCoat reporter and forwarded to Splunk SIEM. • Make use of tcpdump, qkview, PCAP, Packet capture analysis on Wireshark, HTTP watch, Fiddler and policy traces for troubleshooting, engage with vendor support for escalation
Information Security Analyst
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Managed, operated and monitored a wide array of security tools such as EIQ Vue, Qradar, McAfee Nitro / ESM SIEMs
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Fortinet, Check Point, PaloAlto); UTMs, IPS/IDS; FortiWeb, Websense proxies of various clients
- Responded to Security events and coordinate investigations
- Worked with clients to address all security related issues
- Initiated security incident response including tracking and recovery actions
- Provided central point of contact for client support and escalated to Level 2/3 support for further assistance.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Support field service technicians during Juniper SRX210 Routers and EX2200 Switches refresh project of thousands of North American retail franchises.
- Daily / nightly activities included, executing conversion scripts, testing connectivity, on-boarding new equipment on the monitoring system, troubleshooting any configuration or connectivity issues along with the field service team and verifying the successful installation.
Service Desk Software Install Team
Confidential, Fort Worth, Texas
- Worked in a project for Software Installation using remote tools to client’s computers to install software or push it out via SCCM.
Service Desk Support Technician
Confidential, Richardson, Texas
- Supported field technicians remotely over the phone and using remote desktop tools during Networking and Security equipment (such as switches, routers and firewalls) upgrade projects.
- Tested connectivity and troubleshot any problems that arose during installation.