- Over a decade in Systems Administration and network improvement.
- Multi - certified (MCSA, Sophos Certified Engineer & Architect) systems administrator with an effective background in designing, upgrading, and managing in house and datacenter network infrastructure.
- Proven in upgrading from legacy network environments to modern standards in performance and reliability.
- Recognized ability to provide solutions that meet the demands of business growth while operating under necessary budget constraints.
- Skilled in problem resolution through technical troubleshooting and team coordination.
- Windows Operating Systems (Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016), (Workstation XP, Vista, 7, 10)
- Network Management Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NPS...)
- Distributed File Management (DFS, OneDrive, Google Drive...)
- Remote Access and Authentication (AD FS, RDS, VPN, O365 Cloud Solutions, G Suite )
- Web Presence (IIS, Apache, Word Press, SSL, Web DNS, SQL, MYSQL )
- Antivirus (Symantec, Sophos, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, Comodo)
- Virtualization ( MS Hyper-v, Vmware ESX, Azure)
- Hardware (Lenovo, Dell, HP, Laptops, Desktops, Standalone Server, UPS )
- Security Auditing and Compliance (Nessus tools, PCI, HIPAA)
- Email Solutions (Exchange, Office 365, Gmail, AppRiver...)
- Microsoft Enterprise Network Management (Active Directory & Group Policy )
- MS Office (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, Office 365)
- Linux/Unix (CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE, Red Hat)
- Anti: Spam (Barracuda, Symantec, Office 365, Comodo)
- Backup Solutions (Datto, VEEAM, BDR, ARCA, Symantec, Windows Backup
- Meraki, Cisco, HP, Netgear (Switches, Firewalls, Routers)
Confidential, Gettysburg, PA
Network Operations / Systems Administrator
- Consolidated a customer network with 5 Windows domains and a Novell management system.
- Cleaned up a network that had ballooned it’s infrastructure to 80+ servers back down to less than 10 servers without losing any functionality.
- Saved the core website for a brand new client who had no backups on a single unstable virtual CentOS server. I used a combination of vCenter Converter and MYSQL dumps to build a new web server overnight.
- Completed multiple Office 365 Migrations and Exchange Upgrades as part of a team.
- Successfully responded to zero day attacks from malware like CrytpoLocker.
- Cleaned up file management and security infrastructure through planned coordination with client department heads and client CTO.
Confidential, Germantown, MD
- Built and configured the last two server racks in the virtual lab.
- Cleaned up the server room through cable management and labeling.
- Repaired underperforming servers with manual hardware upgrades.
- Trained student and faculty in the usage of the virtual lab environment.