- Be part of a team to build and maintain enterprise applications VB, C#, ASP.net, MVC, as well as reduce the level of effort required for development and support through the use of best practices and my extensive experience improving and stabilizing applications.
- I am looking to apply my 15+ years of knowledge and experience in Programming, Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), DevOps, DBA, Security, Networking, Performance Monitoring, Testing, Root Cause Analysis and User Support.
- While I excel at finding and fixing bugs, and have worked on several existing applications, I prefer to work on new applications and the addition of new features.
- Technical management and development of custom applications with experiences covering different IT roles such as Software Engineering, Business Analyst, Developer, and Team Lead.
- Recognized by peers for collaboration and spearheading new ideas and technology such as Cloud, Core, Unit Testing and Lean as well as a Subject Mater Expert for those applications and environments that I have supported.
- Proven track record for successfully implementing ITIL and effective monitoring to proactively reduce unplanned outages and improve performance.
- Microsoft Certified Professional in ASP.NET, with experience and degrees in both engineering and information systems.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem - solving skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Application Development
- Application Maintenance
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Database Design
- Stored Procedures
- Spreadsheet Automation
- Custom Reports
- Code Review
- Accounting and Budgeting
- Customer Relationships
- Cross Functional Leadership and Collaboration
- Public Utilities
Operating Systems: All PC operating systems from DOS 1.1 to Windows 10, as well as the associated hardware Linux, CMS, TSO, VMS
Programming Languages: Visual Basic, DBase, C, C++, C#, Java, Pascal, SQL, HTML, XML
Networks: Most (see training, experience, and certification above)
Other Software: SharePoint 2007 & 2010, DBase, Access, MSDE, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase SQL Server, Visual Studio 2003-2018
SELECTED PROJECT EXPERIENCE:
DevOps Software Engineer/PE
- Support of a B2B batch enterprise application that combines Billing information with accounting information for producing custom medical mailings with both statement and a check.
- Automate repetitive tasks, investigate automation failures, and reduce the rate of failures
- Document all failures through ticketing system as well as Change Management Process with Testing Plans and document the Process used
- Work with Corporate Security Group to integrate IdentityIQ with DMS
- Support of a Customer Facing Enterprise Application that allows medical providers to view Explanation of Benefits along with electronic payments.
- Reskin Project where the style of the project was changed to a corporate standard that in addition to color changes and fonts, removed a liberal use of icons. Used the opportunity to update attached documents, Terms, and small problems in general related to the user interface.
- Support of routine tickets requiring correction to the data in the underlying SQL tables
ALM Software Engineer
- Supported Major Release Cycles for Federal Exchange, Localization and Branding
- Executed Change Orders to resolve Design and Logic Deficiencies in both Web Pages and Web Services
- Interfaced with the Testing group to resolve and categorize issues
- Developed testing strategies to identify issues early in the development cycle.
- Create XML documents for testing purposes
- Localization of Application for multiple languages including custom coding for handling grammatical differences.
- Resolved Software Defects using Change Tickets and interfaced with change team members when fast turnaround was required
- Added and modified interactive features, such as auto complete, utilizing Ajax, jQuery and AngularJS
- Implemented Monthly Updates/Releases / Agile Development Methodology
- LEAN Daily Standup group leader and SCRUM member
- Installed multiple versions of Visual Studio, SQL server and other development software
- Implemented ITIL/ALM processes for Change Management
- Managed MOSS/SharePoint environment including running the installation and configuration of vender software
- Supported multiple phases of SharePoint 2010 upgrade from 2007
- Installed and configured SharePoint 2007 and 2010 development environments
- Supported setting up SharePoint Governance
- Requirements Gathering, Use Case Development, Estimation and Software Development
- Set up effective monitoring to anticipate unplanned outages
- Provided Technical Guidance for 12 Bangalore junior resources
- Supported non-documented applications with numerous problems
- Stabilized applications by improving the infrastructure and proactively resolving bugs
- Resolved Numerous Performance Related Problems
- Implemented security improvements
- Set up Active Directory Security Groups for simplifying access to servers that groups supported as well as Containers for Applications
- Spearheaded unit testing of code to reduce defects from release to release
- On boarded new resources for integration into the AM team
- Established strong working relationships in a multi vender working environment
- Code Review for Maintainability, following Best Practice, and Documentation
- Preparing and Reviewing estimates of work
- Designed and created an ASP .NET - SQL2000 Web application that utilized ADO.NET and multithreading custom state management. This was a Customer-facing application with a VB look and feel that includes features such as Code Behind, Web Services, Multi-Threading, and Custom Session State Management.
- Installed and configured SQL server
- Created SQL stored procedures for the web application along with views and data normalization.
- Set up the data import process DTS, Constraints & Relationships (Part of SQL Server Tools) .
- Upgraded the main server by adding memory and additional processors.
- Built the web server Mounted hardware in rack chassis, installed operating system, installed additional software, configured Microsoft Web Server(II6) .
- Performed SQL Ad-Hock queries for fulfilling customer requests.
- Performed SQL Update queries against live data to make the data more consistent as well as adding information contained in another table.
- Developed tables for normalization using Excel (SQL Server Upload Tool).
- Customized datasets for clients using Access (SQL Download Tool).
- Backup for problems with the company’s servers (Windows 2000 and Linux).
- Significantly improved performance of application queries by creating custom search fields and implementing multithreading for custom state management.
- Created design documentation and specifications for a software management tool using Federal requirements, related web information and analysis of similar types of programs.
- Developed a prototype using VB.NET for design and workflow analysis.
- Utilized object oriented analysis and design tools to establish objects as well as their properties and methods.
- Reviewed the policies and procedures written by another SES group against our understanding or the Federal requirements and the application we designed to implement the procedures.
- Wrote help files that referred to policies and procedures, as well as how to use the application.
- Performed Integration/QA testing of application that the screens were properly worded, only the correct type of user input would be accepted, all navigation worked correctly, Tool tips were as planned, and all help files worked correctly.
- Member of SPIN user group For Project Managers .
- Set up a simple Access application for tracking problems.