- Senior Cloud and DevOps professional with 7 + years of IT experience with sound kno wledge in Configuration Management, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Build and Release, Linux and System Administration with cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, OpenStack.
- Extensive experience in managing public, private cloud infrastructures using AWS services which include EC2, S3, Lambda, Redshift, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, VPC peering, CloudFormation, Route 53, Auto scaling, load balancers and deployed cloud front to deliver content further allowing reduction of load on servers.
- Expertise in architecting and deploying fault tolerant, highly available, cost effective and secure servers in AWS. Used AWS Beanstalk, AWS EKS and ECS for deploying and scaling web applications and service containers developed with Java, PHP.
- Well versed in automating AWS environment provisioning and deployment, creating efficient CloudFormation templates & stacks using build scripts (AWS CLI) and creating the servers using the templates and stacks.
- Hands on experience in creating and managing highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaled AWS architecture using Terraform templates along with AWS Lambda and AWS Code Pipeline .
- Expert in various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles ), Caching, Azure SQL, NoSQL, Storage, Network Services, Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, PowerShell Automation, Azure Virtual Machines , Azure search, Azure DNS , Azure VPN Gateway.
- Well Experienced in configuring Azure Web Apps , Azure App Services, Azure Application Insights, Azure Application Gateway, Azure DNS, Azure Traffic Manager, Azure Network Watcher , Implementing Azure Site Recovery, Azure Backup and Azure Automation.
- Experience in AZURE Active Directory & Domain Service, SSO, MFA, and security, AZURE Storage, AZURE SQL & AZURE web role. Configuring Azure Auto scaling and Azure Load Balancer to provision the instances and Load balance the incoming traffic to VM’s.
- Expertise in migrating applications from on premise to the Azure public cloud. Collaborated with development and QA teams to maintain high - quality deployment.
- Experience with PCF Blob store for storing and managing Application code packages & Build packs and used PCF CLI for deploying applications and other CF management activities. Expertise in building Private Cloud Infrastructure of OpenStack and deployed Nagios to monitor and alert the health checks for Nova, Neutron, Keystone, Swift, Glance .
- Hands on experience in writing Terraform API modules to manage infrastructure, for automatic creation of RDS instances, VPCs, Auto Scaling groups, Load balancers, SQS, S3 buckets.
- Experience on automating the repetitive tasks, deploying the critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the web applications by extensive use of Ansible and Ansible Tower.
- Wrote and managed Playbooks in Ansible using YAML to provision Nginx, Apache Spark, Apache Web servers, and Tomcat servers, Cron Jobs, HDFS, PostgreSQL, Jenkins, Graylag, and other servers.
- Automated and maintained the Chef using Cookbooks, Recipes , Roles, and environments, Chef Automate, Chef Compliance and set up Chef Workstation, Nodes, Cookbooks, and Recipes using Ruby Scripts .
- Hands-on experience in bootstrapping the nodes using knife and automated the process by testing Chef Recipes, Cookbooks with test-kitchen and chef spec . Refactored Chef and Ops Works in AWS cloud environment.
- Expertise in building efficient Docker images using Docker files, removing Images, managing Docker volumes, networking of containers, working on Container snapshots, and management of containers using Swarm.
- Involved in the functional usage and working knowledge of web servers like Tomcat, HTTP, and Nginx. Experience in software build tools like Maven, Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Experience in installing and configuring Kubernetes and Mesos for Orchestration of Docker Images and Cluster Container management on AWS using AWS Elastic Kubernetes Services (EKS).
- Expertise in managing Clusters using Kubernetes and worked on creating many pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins and Bamboo by installing, configuring and maintaining the purpose of CI and End-to-End automation for all build and deployments implementing CI/CD for the database using Jenkins. Used Jenkins API to query the Jenkins server state and change configuration and automate jobs on nodes.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and Windows platforms. Maintained and administered GIT source code tool. Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and scripting like Shell, Ruby, Groovy, Python, Perl, and XML . Utilized MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB and Elastic cache to perform essential database administration.
- Experience in setting up and managing ELK (Elastic Search, Log Stash & Kibana) Stack to collect, search and analyze logfiles across servers, log monitoring and created geo-mapping visualizations using Kibana in integration with AWS CloudWatch and Lambda. Evaluated system logs using ELK software stack .
- Experience in Monitoring server performance with tools like Nagios, Splunk, New Relic and resolved network related issues with manual commands and built Splunk Cluster environment with High Availability resources.
- Experience in working Splunk to analyze & visualize large volumes of log data obtained from servers. Worked in the agile environment of JIRA refactoring existing components & widgets to keep in sync with the emerging trends of AEM.
- Strong experience in installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of RedHat Linux, SUSE Linux , Ubuntu, CentOS , Windows Servers and customizing the Kickstart and Jumpstart scripts to automate the installation.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting, and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like TCP, SMTP, HTTP, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, and SAMBA .
- Good knowledge and experience in Core and J2EE design patterns like Singleton, Abstract Factory, Builder, MVC, Business Delegate, Observer, Data Transfer Object (DTO), Data Access Object (DAO).
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, PCF, OpenStack
Automation/CM Tools: Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Kickstart, Jumpstart
Windows Hyper: V, VMware, Virtual Box, vSphere
Containerization Tools: Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos, OpenShift, Spinnaker
Application/Web Server: Tomcat, Apache, Application Server, IIS, Oracle WebLogic Server 11g
CI and Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson, Bamboo
Testing and ticketing tools: SonarQube, Selenium, JIRA, ServiceNow
Monitoring and Logging Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Datadog, Dynatrace
GIT, GitHub, Subversion, Bit: Bucket, CVS, Clear Case
Scripting: Python, Shell Scripting, Ruby Scripting, Power Shell, YAML Perl
Database Systems: Oracle 10g/9i, SQL Server, MySQL, SQL Server, NoSQL, Mongo DB, Cassandra
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, NFS, WAN, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, TCP/IP
Operating System: Linux (RedHat, CENTOS), Unix, Ubuntu, Windows 2008/2016
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, AJAX
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Created AWS Cloudformation templates to create custom-sized VPC , subnets , EC2 instances, ELB , security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front , cloud watch , RDS , S3 , Route53 , SNS , SQS , Cloud Trail .
- Experience on AWS cloud services like VPC , EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, Route53, Auto scaling groups , Cloud watch, Cloud Front , IAM for installing, configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Worked on Kinesis Data Streams (KDS) for gathering the user input data streams and log files for security purposes and export them to S3 if needed. Used Kinesis Client Library (KCL), connectors, agents and processed data with builtin integrations to AWS Lambda.
- Responsible for OpenStack project core infrastructure including code review, continuous integration systems, and developer tools and OpenStack Multi-node Installation, Configuration and Administration.
- Expertise in integrating Terraform with Ansible, Packer to create and Version the AWS Infrastructure, designing, automating, implementing and sustainment of Amazon machine images (AMI) across the AWS Cloud environment.
- Using Terraform as a tool, managed different infrastructure resources Cloud, VMware, Bare Metal Servers, Docker containers, managed Terraform states, and created reusable infrastructure using Terraform Modules.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Involved in writing various complex custom Ansible playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate day-to-day server administration tasks.
- Managing the configurations of multiple existing servers and automating the build/configuration of new server using Ansible . Managed Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks, inventories, created custom playbooks written in YAML language, encrypted the data using Ansible Vault to do the configuration management of various resources.
- Designed infrastructure for clustering and scheduling containers using Docker Swarm to run and deploy the applications by using load balance and scaling containers in between nodes, worked on all major components of Docker like Docker Daemon, Hub, Images, and Registry .
- Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, Selector, Services & deployed application containers as Pods.
- Implemented Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale, and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions across cluster of hosts.
- Implemented Apache Mesos framework along with job schedulers like Chronos, Marathon for application deployments and Docker containers.
- Improved and standardized the build of the production Mesos cluster, which executes a tree of 400+ trading-critical Chronos jobs daily.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI server.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, performed tests and push build artifacts to Nexus Artifactory.
- Used Prometheus as monitoring tool, alert manager for setting up alerts and Pager Duty for On-call rotation and incident management and created Grafana dashboards for monitoring in PromQL (query language) to monitor CPU, Network IO, and Disk etc.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Lambda, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 , database security groups and application configuration.
- Integrated maven with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Managed installation and upgradation of MS SQL , PostgreSQL , and MySQL database servers and performed routine CRUD operations as well as wrote complex queries and stored procedures.
- Configured Red hat Linux using Kickstart and Sun Solaris using JumpStart over the network, performed DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS configurations and memory upgrades and other Network Services and automated tasks through Crontab, resolved tickets according to the priority basis.
- Supported 300+ Linux servers in production/stage/development environment. Built and Configured LINUX Servers in AWS Cloud Environment. Built .NET 4.5 applications from Ubuntu Linux Bash.
Environment: AWS (EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Elastic search, Lambda, API Gateway, Route 53 (DNS), ECS, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SES, SQS, IAM, Redshift, Ops Works), Maven, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack (kilo/ Juno), Jenkins, Bit-Bucket, Python, Jira.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Worked on developing terraform modules for Azure Services like SQL , NoSQL , Storage , Network services , Active Directory, API Management , Auto Scaling and Virtual machines to deploy in multiple Environments.
- Provisioned various resources in Azure using Azure Portal , PowerShel l on Azure Resource Manager deployment models. Deploying servers as Infrastructure as Code (IAC) using ARM Templates (JSON).
- Deployed Azure IAAS virtual machines and cloud services (PAAS role instances) using secure Virtual Networks , subnets, DHCP address blocks, Azure network settings, DNS settings, security policies and routing.
- Hands on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, end security and firewall.
- Deployed and managed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) environment across development, testing and production environments.
- Implemented Micro-services using Pivotal Cloud foundry ( PCF ) platform built upon Spring Boot Services.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and performed version control and testing of Cookbooks using Food critic and Test Kitchen and running recipes on nodes managed by on premise Chef Server.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks, recipes to manage the Chef Client nodes and automate the installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Azure VM's. Set up Chef Infra, Bootstrapped nodes, created and uploaded recipes, and node convergence in Chef SCM .
- Installed, configured and managed the Docker containers, Docker Images, Docker repository and Docker registry. Utilized best practices to create images from Docker files and uploading to Docker hub.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages. Established a local dev workflow that centered around Minikube to validate deployments in Kubernetes.
- Configured multi-container applications by utilizing the Docker-Compose tool which uses a file configured in YAML format. Used Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config-Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Set up Kubernetes (k8s) Clusters for running microservices and pushed microservices into production with Kubernetes backed Infrastructure. Development of automation of Kubernetes clusters via playbooks in AWS.
- Created a Jenkins pipeline to drive all micro-services builds out to Docker Hub and then deployed to Kubernetes , created pods and configured Kubernetes Replication controller.
- Managed code using VCM using GIT and supported development team on resolving branching and merging issues.
- Configured pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plug-in, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Built Splunk queries by Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and regular expressions. Publishing data into Splunk through configurations such as inputs.conf, serverclass.conf, server.conf, apps.conf and outputs.conf.
- Developed PowerShell scripts and ARM templates to automate the provisioning and deployment of various resources.
- Configured Continuous Integration from source control, setting up build definition within Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) and configure continuous delivery to automate the deployment of ASP.NET MVC applications to Azure web apps
- Experienced in MS SQL Server Configuration, Performance Tuning, Client-Server Connectivity, Query Optimization, Database Maintenance Plans and Database Consistency.
- Managed Active Directory Services, created service accounts and monitored Windows event logs to identify issues, and troubleshoot. Configured & administered LDAP, NFS & NIS in Linux & implemented Samba for sharing of resources between Linux & Windows environment.
Environment: RedHat Linux 7.x, CentOS 5.x, 6.x, 7, AWS, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Elasticsearch, Logstash & Kibana (ELK), Chef, Maven, Jenkins, Ruby, Shell, TFS, JIRA, Python, MS SQL, Apache Tomcat, Docker, Kubernetes, Virtualization, Apache HTTP server, Nginx, Nexus, .Net, GitHub.
Confidential, Austin, TX
Site Reliability Engineer
- Planned, designed and configured AWS services (EC2, S3, IAM, Amazon Glacier, EBS, VPC, Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon Cloud Watch, Auto Scaling, Route 53 and Cloud Formation).
- Created multiple VPCs and public/private subnets, Route tables, Security groups, and Elastic Load Balancer. Granted granular permissions to specific AWS Users, Groups, and Roles created IAM policies.
- Implemented AWS Lambda functions to run scripts in response to events in Amazon Dynamo DB table or S3 bucket or to HTTP requests using Amazon API gateway.
- Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers, automate the configuration of new servers and used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline, deploy micro services, including provisioning AWS environments.
- Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system. Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Administered Bamboo servers which include install, upgrade, backup, adding users, creating plans, installing the local/remote agent, adding capabilities, performance tuning, troubleshooting issues, and maintenance.
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Bamboo with the Artifactory repository and resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Bamboo and JIRA.
- Wrote Maven Scripts to automate the build process. Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Designed and implemented the Monitoring infrastructure using High-availability Nagios Distributed monitoring system method. Tuned and tweaked Nagios for maximum performance and efficiency.
- Developed Nagios plug-in scripts, various reports, and project plans in the support of initiatives to assist and maintain Nagios Distributed system.
- Developed Python and Shell Scripts for automation of the build and release process. Scripting in multiple languages on Bash, Shell scripting, Python scripting etc. Wrote automation scripts in shell and Python to enhance the CI-CD pipeline.
- Developed automation solution using PowerShell scripting for day to day operational tasks like Modification of Certs, Password and Storage Accounts on the cloud platform setting up and administering service accounts.
- Monitored the production server using tools like SQL Profiler, Windows Perform, Performance Counters and SQL server logs for Monitoring and Tuning SQL Server.
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed troubleshooting steps like testing and installing the latest software on server for end-users.
- Built & configured Redhat Linux Systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Maven, Splunk, Nagios, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana (ELK), JIRA, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, MongoDB, Linux/RHEL, Vagrant, Active Directory, LDAP, VMWare Servers, Windows, PowerShell, Ruby, YAML, Shell, Bash, Python.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems. Used Jenkins/Hudson and implemented CI/CD pipeline using plugins like conditional build step, deployed to Git.
- Created Jenkins pipelines involving several Downstream/Upstream job configurations based on dependencies from other applications & based on Release methodologies. Version control system and project management on Git and JIRA.
- Configured various jobs in Jenkins for deployment of Java based applications and running test suites. Performed Plugin-Management, Upgrading and Degrading Plugin versions.
- Implemented Jenkins as a full cycle continuous delivery tool involving package creation, distribution and deployment on to tomcat application servers via shell scripts embedded into Jenkins jobs.
- Configured Git with Jenkins and scheduled jobs using POLL SCM option. Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, and the access control strategies.
- Installed and configured Nagios on Rhel 5 and configured rules for network communication, Performance monitoring, health check of servers.
- Developed Python and Shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Wrote automation scripts in shell and Python to enhance the CI-CD pipeline.
- Supported developers for Java-based Web Applications and administer Java updates on production Linux Servers and managed monthly overall updates on development servers.
- Managed MYSQL Server, performed CRUD operations, stored procedures and triggers to support the project.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux, Bamboo, Subversion, Perforce, Nagios, ANT, Python, CentOS, Ubuntu, Kickstart, VMware, Nagios, TCP/IP, NFS, DNS, SNMP, and DHCP.
- Linux Administrator in a large team responsible for maintaining Linux operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and SUSE 10/11.
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for testing. Adding servers to the domain and managing the groups and users in Active Directory.
- Built & configured RedHat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through Crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Administered RedHat Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, Mail server, MySQL database and firewalls in both development and production.
- Expertise in UNIX shell scripting and python scripts used to automate day to day administrative tasks. Involved in writing Python, Perl, and Shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Worked in an Agile / Scrum development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration and continuous deployment in SDLC.
- Reviewed existing manual Software Builds, developed scripts to automate repeated tasks that are more susceptible to errors and risks using Shell Scripting.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining Squid server in Linux. Deployed Java applications into Apache Tomcat Application Servers. Used Test driven approach for developing the application and Implemented the unit tests using Python Unit test framework.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on RHEL.
Environment: Linux, Python, Ruby, RHEL, Nginx, Microsoft Windows, TCP/IP, Java, Oracle, Agile, WebLogic, MySQLSubversion, Apache, JBoss, Shell Scripting, Bash Scripting, Python, PowerShell, Active Directory.
- Used Waterfall Model for designing, implementing and developing the Application.
- Responsible for Functional Specification and System Design based on Business Requirement Document provided by business analyst.
- Customized views in JSP with HTML, Java Script and CSS.
- Involved in development, coding and unit testing server pages using JSP and Action Classes in Struts Framework
- Developed Templates for page layout and navigation using Tiles.
- Created Restful web services using JAX-RS for both formats XML and JSON by using Jersey.
- Used Various J2EE patterns like Data Access Object (DAO), MVC and Singleton, Session Façade to ensure robust, flexible, configurable and extensible application.
- Used Core Java Concepts like Collections, Generics, and Exception Handling.
- Used Spring 3.0 Framework for Dependency injection (DI) and integrated with Hibernate.
- Involved in configuring Hibernate mapping files/annotations and POJO objects.
- Used JDBC to invoke Stored Procedures and database connectivity to Oracle.
- Designed and developed Unit testing using JUnit framework.
- Developed Ant scripts to build and deploy the applications and Apache Subversion for version control.
- Participated in estimating the hours for the project.
- Involved in Integration of Modules.
Environment: JAVA 1.6, J2EE, JSP, HTML, CSS, REST JAX-RS, STRUCTS, SPRING, HIBERNATE, WEBSPHERE APPLICATION SERVER, JBOSS, ORACLE 10g, ECLIPSE, ANT, APACHE SUBVERSION.