- Unix/Linux System Administrator with about 7 years of experience in a multiplatform environment with hands - on experience in the administration and management of Solaris 10 operating systems and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 & 7, Centos 6 & 7.
- Solid background in systems and software installation, user and group administration, role-based access control, file transfer and sharing; competent in file systems, volume and storage management, patch management and others.
- Experience in connecting Linux systems to single sign on Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server Experience with Virtualization (VMware ESXi; Oracle Virtual Box).
- Experience in installation and configuration of Apache HTTPD.
- Experience in regular system backup & recovery.
- Experience in creation and management of users account and groups.
- Experience in management and security of files and directories in Unix/Linux system.
- Experience in configuration of sudoers, SElinux and kickstart and troubleshooting.
- Experience in configuration of TCP/IP, DHCP, NTP, NFS, SAMBA, and CIFS.
- Experience in configuration of RAID.
- Experience in Live update of Solaris.
- Experience in Solaris’s zone (global zone and non global zone).
- Experience in bash shell script and interactive statement script writing.
- Experience in ansible automation (ad-hoc, playbook).
- Adaptable, collaborative, strong team player, detail oriented, ability to multitasking, ability to work within strict deadlines and with a wide spectrum of people.
Unix/Linux System Administrator
- Build, Install and configure virtual and physical servers, test, and deploy Solaris 10, RHEL 6&7, CentOS 6&7 servers to the network.
- Monitoring and log management on Unix/Linux and servers, including processes, crash and swap management, with password recovery and performance turning.
- Connecting to Single Sign on LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) server and configure Auto-mount.
- Patch and upgrade (release) on test servers (test environment) and on production servers (production environment).
- Setup, configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS; NFS, CIFS, and SAMBA servers in a multiplatform Local Area Network (LAN).
- Configure static IP address, Hostname, DNS, Default Gateway.
- Manage users and groups account, reset and recover password.
- Configure Sudo in Linux.
- Install and configure httpd apache webserver.
- Manage files system LVM (Logical Volume Management) in Red Hat and ZFS (Zettabyte File System) in Solaris.
- Creation and configuration of non-global zone in Solaris,
- Troubleshoot Solaris 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6&7 and CentOS 6&7 issues in hardware and software related and configuration issues.
- Virtualization (VMware ESXI).
- Perform backup and recovery of servers using NetBackup
- Experience with ticketing tool ServiceNow.
- Bash shell scripts writing.
- Create and configure global and non-global zone in Solaris.
- Open or close ports using firewall commands.
- /var/log/messages full alert.
- Member of on call support team.
Unix/Linux System Administrator
- Introduced RHEL 6 & 7, centOS 6 & 7 servers to the network: Operating System installation and configuration- standard and advanced (net installation, jumpstart and Kickstart).
- Set up, configured and troubleshot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS; NFS, CIFS, and Samba servers in a multiplatform LAN.
- Archived, compressed, unpacked and uncompressed files using tar, gzip and bzip2.
- Managed the system time and configure the chronyd service to work with NTP.
- Changed password and adjust password aging for local user account.
- Managed and monitored backup and recovery systems using NetbBackup.
- Performed files system management using LVM.
- Installed and Administered patches and updates to help improve performance.
- Managed users account and security.
- Set enforcing, permissive modes for SElinux.
- Created and managed Access Control List (ACL) for users or groups.
- Installed and updated software packages from Red Hat Network, remote repository or local file system using YUM or RPM.
- Managed repositories and configure a local repository.
- Experienced with ticketing tool ServiceNow.
- Managed, monitored and tested backup and recovery of servers.
Linux Systems Administrator
- Users account and security performed.
- Password aging configured on servers.
- File systems management and host security performed.
- Archive, compress, unpack and uncompressed files using tar, gzip and bzip2.
- Configure and troubleshoot TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS; NFS, CIFS.
- Packages installed and managed using YUM.
- SElinux. and NTP configured.
- Deploy servers to network.