Administrator or Analyst position focusing on System & Network Infrastructure
- Linux & Unix Administration
- System Integration and Migration
- Windows Server Administration
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Application & OS Patching / STIG
- Testing & Troubleshooting
- Network Design & Implementation
- User Support / Training
Installing and Maintaining: RS/6000 systems, Dell & HP servers with RAID
Ethernet Connectivity: Cabling, Hardware, and Troubleshooting;
Authentication: LDAP, Active Directory, and SSH Keys
Virtualization: Xen, Citrix Xen, VirtualBox, and Vmware ESXi 4.1 - 5.1
Cloud Computing: Rackspace Cloud, Amazon Cloud (AWS), Google Compute Engine
Operating Systems: AIX 4.2 - 5.3, Red Hat Enterprise 4 - 6, Fedora 7-25, CentOS 4-6, Win 2K, 2K3, 2K8, Win 3.11 - 10Software Office Packages, Accounting Software, Network Diagnostic SoftwareSubversion, GIT, NFS, Samba, Gold Disk, Retina, Clear Quest, Nagios, SolarWinds. Syslog-ng, MRTG, Postfix, Nessus, HBSS, ACAS
Programming: Bash, Perl, Python, HTML
Ops Manager / System Administrator
- Manage AWS Commercial & AWS C2S Linux Environments
- Implement hardening scripts based on CIS Level 2 Benchmarks.
- Develop Cloud Formation Scripts to aid in deployment of VPC’s and EC2 Instances.
- Deploy and maintain syslog server for log storage.
- Deploy and maintain HBSS for Anti-Virus and HIPS.
- Deploy and maintain Security Center/Nessus for system scanning.
- Work directly with Project PM to develop project schedules and keep them informed of statuses.
Sr. Unix Administrator
- Manage multiple sites with around 40 RHEL 6 servers.
- Both SIPR and NIPR Keep all RHEL servers STIG’d and patched with central yum repository.
- Maintain Squid proxy servers for MSC ship based web traffic.
- Implement Confidential -blacklist of sites disallowed from web traffic from MSC ships.
- Store all Linux server and Cisco device logs on central Syslog hosts.
- Monitor all Cisco/HP servers with Nagios for server and process up-time using SNMP v3.
- Monitor all Network traffic and bandwidth with MRTG.
- Custom interface to present graphs to Management.
- Maintained Postfix mail relay servers for inbound/outbound perimeter email routing & filtering.
- Managed Authoritative and Recursive name servers using Bind at each location.
- Maintained the msc.navy.mil domain as well as all sub-domains.
- Stored all scripts and config files in a git repository.
- Maintained GIT repo for Net Ops team for Cisco Configurations.
- Designed and built custom Kickstart installation to build every host in the enterprise.
- Designed to run from network or CD.
- Scripted several automation systems for operations team.
- Deployed Windows 2K3 and 2K8 vm's and supported over 4,000 in total.
- Deployed RHEL 5 & 6 vm's and supported over 800 in total.
- Deployed VMWare and Citrix Xen hosts as virtual infrastructure.
- Migrated Equinix Data Center's DC4 & 5 to DC6.
- Built and Maintained DC6 to company specs
- Maintain and Install hardware for Confidential Ops team as well as Net team in Data Centers
- Configure ports on Cisco Nexus switch gear for server installations.
Server Engineer / Team Lead
- Manage Windows 2003, Red Hat 5 and VMWare vSphere 4.1 Servers.
- Monitor and Maintain system Backups with BackupExec 2010
- STIG and Patch servers per DISA requirements using Retina and Gold Disk
- Processed environment thought DIACAP to acquire ATO.
- Implemented new virtual environment with VMWare ESXi 4.1 and vCenter.
- Windows 2008 Active Directory for Local and Web Authenticated Users using CAC.
- WSUS to push out updates and patches.
- Solarwinds for monitoring all servers and services and sending alerts.
- Retina & Gold Disk used to scan all servers for STIG and patch compliance.
- Clear Quest Ticketing system for internal Trouble tickets.
- VMWare servers connected with port-channel for redundancy and bandwidth aggregation.
- Maintain RedHat/Fedora/CentOS/SUSE Linux infrastructure
- Manage Windows 2003 AD Authentication Servers
- Designed, implemented, and maintain a custom backup system with Rsync and DeltaCopy
- Manage several hundred Amazon Cloud Computing Nodes (AWS)
- Created specialized AMI’s to be launched via AWS api.
- AWS compute vm’s controlled by VM controller instance.
- Manage in-house Citrix Xen Server Farm
- Designed, implemented, and maintain multi-node LDAP Rackspace virtual environment
- Monitor Daily Processes: Backups, Network Monitor, System Usage, Policy Adherence
- Helped to redesign Company IT Usage and Security Policies
- Install Oracle 10G and 11G
- Maintained Windows 2K3 and Centos5 Network
- Managed all aspects of server and LAN relocation from building in College Park to Greenbelt
- Managed Honeywell Security Badge System
- Maintained 66 node blade rack with Centos5.1
- Built all Servers and Workstations with Kickstart
- Maintained NFS-based file server for common /home mount point.
- Setup Samba to allow Windows and Linux users to access shared file systems
- Monitored and Maintained Bacula backup system with robotic tape library
- Was responsible for responding to all user problems and for interface with Medical Technologists and Programmers
- Managed implementation of cfengine and migration from Active Directory to FDS
- Implemented a custom Inventory / Network Management System
- Configured Fedora and RedHat to run custom audio and video compression software
- Maintained HP Clusters with Infiniband switches and MPI software on Supermicro Systems
- Integrated automated build system with HP Clusters and Subversion for engineers
- Created a Kickstart and NFS system to aid in HP cluster build-outs.
- Maintained Active Directory 2003 Authentication Servers.
- Maintained Exchange Server 2003 with OWA and Blackberry Server
- Created single point user logins between Linux and Win2K3 with LDAP and Kerberos
- Setup Bugzilla, Subversion, and VSFTP services.
- Managed RS/6000 Systems running AIX; monitored system performance, ensured consistent network connectivity and monitored system security
- Configured Dell 2800 & 2950 systems with Kick Start software. Installed RHEL Vr. 4, client specific software and custom system monitoring applications.
- Supported wireless communications with Tablet PCs and PDAs
- Provided 3rd Tier Support to internal technical support providers and directly to customers
- Created White Papers and Technical Information Notices for new procedures
- Installed, Implemented and Managed new products, both in the field and in-house
- Installed and Managed a 200 Node IPSec VPN with NAT'd endpoints for customer support using Secure Computing SG710 and SG560's routers
- Custom built network-based Bare Metal Recovery System for RHEL using TAR and KickStart
- Custom built Automated Update System (or “AUS”) Software
- Demonstrated competency in the use of Apache, Tomcat, DNS, DHCP, NFS, PPP, LDAP, APC Enterprise, Postgres Server, VSFTPD, ProFTPD, Postfix MTA, Veritas Backup Exec, and others.