- Driven professional with 10 years experience in the information technology field.
- Currently working in multiple areas of Windows and Linux Systems Administration including web and application servers, database administration, software installation, virtualization using VMware and Xen.
- Proficient in Windows - based Operating systems, as well as Unix/Linux distribution such as Oracle, Debian, Redhat and AIX.
- Great working knowledge of business operations relating to customer service, government projects and the demonstrated ability to work independently with little guidance, in a team atmosphere, or directly with customers on site.
- Proficient or familiar with a vast array of concepts and technologies, including:
- Windows 9x/NT/2K/XP/2K3/vista/7 Desktop and Server Environments.
- Exchange 2k/2k3
- Active Directory Administration (ADUC).
- System Management Server (SMS).
- Apache, PHP, Postfix, dB mail, JBoss, Tomcat, Websphere, MySQL, Postgresql, Asterisks PBX, Samba, NFS
- Remote Desktop
- Remote Assistance
- Virtual box
- Solar winds
- Net Cool
- Red hat
- Amazon EC2
- Cloud Sigma
- Improve system availability by scheduling and automating key system procedures
- Responsible installing server monitoring tools, and website vulnerability assessments tools such as Nagios and Alien vault.
- Implementation of technical changes on (customer) systems issued by ICIS ticketing system.
- Responsible for coordinating with customers to push patches, web site deployments and/or general maintenance to their web application
- Keeping the overview and being part of clear project structure with weekly meetings, delegation of task and constant customer contact.
- Installed, configured and deployed closed source distributions and solutions like Apache, PHP, Postfix, DB mail, Jboss, Tomcat, Websphere, MySQL, Puppet and Postgresql
- Architected and deployed webservers to be more scalable in cloud infrastructure using vendors such as Amazon EC2, Cloud Sigma and Rackspace
- Responsible for scripting remedial task and monitoring using Bash/shell and Perl
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services
- Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library
- Assists with system security and data integrity. Initiates and conducts within his/her respective area of responsibility, as required, to meet the contract objectives
- Performs maintenance and administration of program information systems including servers and workstations
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and other practices set forth by upper management or contract requirements
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Provide product specifications and vendor analysis for computer purchases
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Installed, maintained, and monitored VSAT systems and associated network communications equipment for Iraq Civilian Police Advisory mission
- Created and maintained Linux test environments using Red Hat and Ubuntu
- Configure existing or new Cisco routers and servers.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Monitored network alerts using Spectrum monitoring application.
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software
- Clean, modify and repair computer hardware including monitors, keyboard and printers
- Install and configure Avaya (Cisco) VoIP phones
- Create user account, resets user passwords and create computer images using Active Directory
- Create site surveys; coordinate drops and scheme network topology.
NOC Engineer Unix/Windows
- Advanced troubleshooting skill set in Websphere MQ channel monitoring, Vetting, Data Analysis, IBM Tivoli Suite and IBM AIX 5.3 server monitoring/maintenance.
- Ran bash/shell and Perl scripts to perform remedial task to optimize and automate Unix servers
- Deleted, restored and backed up all AIX server log files
- Worked as a data center technician in running cables, punching patch panels, and programming Avaya VoIP phones.
- Created, designated and worked assigned tickets using Remedy ticketing system
- Conducted conference calls on all severe errors on Unix/Windows servers and implementation tasks.
- Replaced outdated firewalls with new Sidewinder Firewalls and configured them with privileges and security settings
- Installed Raritan KVM, configured the device so that the INOSC can remote into all boundary equipment
- Measured, routed, and tipped new CAT5/6 to replace all the old worn lines
- Coordinated SitReps and out briefings notifying those in charge of scheduled outages and completion dates.
- Pulled configuration files from old firewalls using Microsoft server 2k3 and modified them for new sidewinder firewalls.
Help Desk Admin
- Maintained and monitored network using Solar Winds
- Configured firewalls using remote interface Microsoft Server 2k3/8
- Responsible for the successful deployment, installation, and support of all aspects of DOD unclassified and classified computer networking systems and peripherals
- Monitored and assign tickets using Remedy ticketing system
- Installed and configured Cisco Routers/Switches in new environments across the FOB using different routing protocols, such as: EIGRP, IGRP, BGP
- Created user accounts and assigned privileges using ADUC and created email accounts using Exchange 2k3 via Nipr and Sipr
- Setup conferencing rooms with video, audio, VoIP Phones, laptops and network printers