To secure a position as an IT support technician where strong technical background coupled with dedication and commitment will be utilized toward continued growth and advancement.
- Technical experience in systems administration/ desktop systems support and management
- Implementation of network design infrastructure
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Ability to be flexible with schedule as appropriate to technology business needs
- Hands - on experience with hardware components and software applications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint
- Working Knowledge of C++ and Visual Basic
- Digital Media skills in Digital imaging, Photoshop, digital recording, Final Cut, HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver
- Windows operating systems installations/ local machine settings and network configuration.
- Active Directory administration including tailoring organizational units and group structure
- Administer and troubleshooting DNS and DNS clients; implement local security policies; create local user and group accounts; manage user accounts and groups.
- NTFS folder and file level permissions to grant user access.
- Utilized network monitoring tools; created counters and performance alerts.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP connectivity with Windows.
- Managing domain servers and troubleshooting clients.
- Configure and use remote access services; update network communications.
- Document and track all peripherals and network issues.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot multi-function printers and mass storage devices.
- Backup and restore files; recover data and deleted files.
- Install and troubleshoot PC components.
- Significant experience performing skills, operations and procedures in virtual environments (Virtual PC and/or VMware).
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
- Managed small and large scale projects that met with customers specifications to ensure time sensitive projects are delivered on-time
- Designed “build books” and coordinated with field teams to ensure that documents meet customer’s specifications
- Configured and troubleshoot desktop, routers, switches and portable radios
- Technical demonstrations with customers to verify all customer requirements were met and to their satisfaction
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Implement Windows 7 upgrades with laptops and desktops
- Assisted with inventory by creating databases and updating asset manger
- Provided support to all levels of IT by email and by phone in airports, office locations, and company headquarters.
- Basic hardware and software troubleshooting for users
- Be an integral part of large scale projects with team to ensure that all project are completed on time
- Configured laptops, desktops and printers
Confidential, Deerfield, IL
Service Desk Technician
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise users on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions documenting activity and time management
- Administer help desk software
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports that document issue resolution and turn-around time
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Confidential, Leesburg, FL
- Instrumental in maintaining and troubleshooting company network
- Performed various tasks as directed to facilitate IT department efficiency
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
- Accurately maintained an inventory of a company.
- Performed careful audits to ensure accuracy of inventory within all departments